Summer Transfer Thread

Yip I think five million would probably be the starting point the way the guy was talking and plenty of English clubs with deeper pockets will probably bid.Cooper was the difference between them staying in the championship and getting relegated,said the guy I spoke to.

Fwiw I’m not sure us paying five million on a single player is the best idea unless it’s a very special attacking talent where the risk might be worth the reward.
If Morelos goes and we signed someone like Prevljak fair enough but otherwise it’s a lot of eggs in one basket.
I take your point but in the world of football now, £5mill is chicken feed. If you could get a youngish proven consistent performer for that fee then it is worth it as you’ll make the money back when you sell. It’s not worth it at our stage for an unproven player. And a genuine star will go for far higher. But, if a player like Cooper was available for £5mill where he is now, i’d say it was a no brainer if we had the cash. I think the real figure would be out our budget though.

Kalas looks like he could be an excellent signing, would like it if he was in our sights.

We need 2 CD's in, I'm hoping we spend some money on a decent, big tough bassa with experience and then another guy like Katic last year who we can take time to develop (Edmundson?)

Ojo could be excellent if he can adapt to our game - looks a big strong lad so that's a good start.

Plus Hastie, Jones and Stewart who will all do their bit over the season.
Agree with all of this.

For me signing Ojo, Kent back, Kalas, Edmundson, Aribo and (just to be greedy though unlikely) Gray, would be a near perfect window. Doubt it'll all happen but I'd be very happy with that.

I wouldn't be against a Brophy type signing pending we keep Morelos & Defoe. We don't have the financial strength to sign someone that will be an upgrade on either, so a Brophy type signing would make sense. He would obviously fill the Lafferty role if he leaves. We aren't going to commit significant funds for a 3rd choice striker. If Morelos were to leave and we replace him with a Brophy/Magennis then I would be concerned.

I heard this news third hand on Saturday night just before Scotland match kick off...

apparently someone close to his Dad, saying you haven't heard it from me but hes signing for Rangers...

the person who said it, passed this info on to a mixed group of folk

Disclaimer obviously anyone who pulls on the Rangers shirt gets my full backing.

Every other supporter and nearly all the people in positions of power and influence in Scotland hate us so I will give full support to any player.

That being said Eamonn Brophy from what I have seen of him is way below the standard required if we are serious about winning the league.
No offence to the guy he is a trier and not the worst forward in the league but nothing I have seen suggests he would make a difference to our team.

I wouldn't be against a Brophy type signing pending we keep Morelos & Defoe. We don't have the financial strength to sign someone that will be an upgrade on either, so a Brophy type signing would make sense. He would obviously fill the Lafferty role if he leaves. We aren't going to commit significant funds for a 3rd choice striker. If Morelos were to leave and we replace him with a Brophy/Magennis then I would be concerned.
exactly. as a 3rd choice striker he is imo what we need. Lafferty was ment to be that but on the tail end of his career hes lost the desire. Brophy can come in, improve himself and want to do better.

Do you not think we are working on things in the background?

Gerrard and Allen have shown they like to get business done early. Deals will already be done or close to conclusion.

I am of the opinion that those with contacts within the club will already know about these but have been asked not to divulge, which is fair enough.

Let the club announce deals!