Sun article - “Celtic Boys Club at centre of paedophile ring cover-up claims after fourth footie perv nailed”

I often wonder if this is why the midfield maestro never appears at mentally challenged functions in Scotland, as folk have said the speculation this throws up on decades is mindboggling.

I shuddered at the thought the time Mark Daly went to America to seek out Torbett and found him living with a former CBC goalkeeper who he had obviously abused yet the victim invited him over to 'protect' the beast.

I later discovered Tommy Burns had a 'friendship' with convicted paedophile Frank Cairney, that is terribly creepy and difficult to understand.
Then more recently I have read Neil Lennon was staying in Barry Bennells caravan at 19 years of age at the time when Bennell was abusing another kid.

What is it with these types? Wtf happens when these predatory priests get control of their young minds?

I just can't get my head round the way catholics behave and go about their business.
I remember reading this to. Given Lennon has also had his mental health issues it makes you wonder if he was actually a victim himself, the same goes for Burns.

It truly is horrific how far this could go once it is properly and fully investigated.

I don’t think even the money is Lawells issue ,he is terrified that “brand Celtic” will be hugely tarnished ,he’s scared this story goes macro viral .

This. Someone said on another thread if this gets noticed in the US it will be a different level of hurt for them. After Penn State, the Americans have zero time for any sporting institution that covers up and enables child abuse, and we know how desperate they are to cuddle up to the yanks.

The "legal insider" will be Thompson's solicitors. The £5 million figure is in reality a threat. It's an attempt at an out of court settlement. The reality is that even if the scum are forced to pay compo it will be to those abused soley on their premises and the abuser convicted of it. That is, they were one of the victims acknowledged in court.
This will reduce the payouts substantialy.
They will no doubt get away with paying a few hundred thousand pound.

Their name will be forever linked with covering up a paedophile ring and that won't be going away.

They've been branded.

Yesterday was a decent start to putting this whole vile affair in the spotlight but that's all it was. Other than the ITN report, which was fairly damning, I still think the other outlets that picked this up are taking a "softly softly" approach and I have no doubt that there is a stack of dodgy activity going on behind the scenes from Celtic's representatives to try and suppress the story as much as possible. There's a lot of obvious dots to join that journos still dont seem to see or want to commit to.

The story itself is huge. Easily the biggest scandal in UK sport and completely overshadows anything that came to light last year, including Bennell - as despicable as that cuunt was, it was still one man. This is now, beyond a shadow of a doubt, a club "approved" full-blown paedophile ring which operated for years, destroyed many young lives and has been actively covered up for decades. Despite the pressures and lack of interest / action from government, SFA etc, surely this won't be allowed to simply be a one-day story only and there will be a swift and comprehensive follow up? I hope so and the rumoured upcoming docs might be the key to this but I still have a hunch that they will be met with apathy from the powers that be. Interesting to see what the next few days and weeks brings.

The victims in this absolutely deserve significant compensation and just as importantly, a full acknowledgement and apology for the evil that the club allowed to thrive within their ranks for so long. If Celtic continue to go to ground and dig their heels in, then its over to Maguire to expose them via the court system. With everything that has now come to light, it would seem unthinkable that he wouldn't win that case and expose their separate entity defence for the pish that it so clearly is. Then again, if this truly does go as high up as rumoured and senior figures in many different organisations could be implicated in the fallout, who knows. The mother of all brooms could be brought out to try and put this back under the carpet.

At least their reputation has taken the first serious hit in decades with yesterdays revelations. Remember, it was the "good name of the club" that they valued above all else, including the welfare of those poor boys. In a fair and just world, their image should now be forever tarnished and their club synonymous with the vile acts they perpetrated. Again though, this will only happen if yesterday is treated as the start, rather than the end, of the story.

The story is being killed off very quickly, frightening the power they wield
Daily mail is full of ex view writers surprised I even found it. Looks like they are going to use road sweepers in place of the brush and landfill in place of the carpet.

The story is being killed off very quickly, frightening the power they wield

I don’t understand, how are they able to get BBC England, sky etc to get rid of the story??? Is it through payment, a threat of legal action or use of Scottish politicians. How are they doing it, it’s a national disgrace.

Picture the judges that have over seen the convictions of these CELTIC EMPLOYEES, how can they look at the evidence and not think to themselves “Sh1te, there was a paedo ring going on here, and it was obviously being covered up, I must speak to somebody about investigating this, I must do something about it” Has that happened or has somebody spoke to these judges and gone ‘look it’s in your best interests to let this go.

I just can get my head around any of it.

Especially when u compare it to the witch-hunt of EBT’s etc.

Can anyone who is ITK assure me that they aren’t going to get away with this?

Will the SFA punish them for not doing more to protect these children?

It was national news on at 6.30pm repeated 10pm. Scotland didn't go into it as much, surprise surprise.

Did BBC Scotland do anything on this? I didn't see any news yesterday at all so genuinely don't know.

Surely it must be getting to the stage where the BBC news bosses in England are looking at this story and wondering why ITV national news are running with it?

It's an absolute dereliction of duty from the usual suspect 'journalists'. Shameful.

It’s not actually implicating Celtic Football Club, merely suggesting there was a paedophile ring in operation at the Boys Club, which as we know, was a completely separate entity.

Agree with you there. The problem though for Celtic now is that about 20-years ago they proudly described how Jock Stein kicked one of the paedos out the front door of Celtic Park. My how they must hate saying that now when trying to go down the route of the separate entity. Any decent lawyer will be able to rip this apart in court. Especially with a later admission in court that it was an 'open secret' there were such people at the boys club. Even if it was a separate entity they had a duty of care to the young victims to at least alert the police to this. Something that didn't seem to dawn on anyone at Celtic FC.

Agree with you there. The problem though for Celtic now is that about 20-years ago they proudly described how Jock Stein kicked one of the paedos out the front door of Celtic Park. My how they must hate saying that now when trying to go down the route of the separate entity. Any decent lawyer will be able to rip this apart in court. Especially with a later admission in court that it was an 'open secret' there were such people at the boys club. Even if it was a separate entity they had a duty of care to the young victims to at least alert the police to this. Something that didn't seem to dawn on anyone at Celtic FC.

They invited Torbett back inside the club. Let them try explaining that away in Court.

Agreed, Celtic have become as synonymous with paedophilia and child abuse as the Catholic Church due to the number of paedophiles involved and they'll never ever be able to reverse that.

Birds of a feather and all that.

Nobody I know is saying that peadophiliea is confined to the Catholic Church,that is patently not the case. However it is endemic within that church and given Celtic's connection with that church it is unsurprising that "an overtly Catholic club" like Celtic should have these "problems".

Went on to that rancid bile exchange Kerryfail to see whether or not the Bheasts had started to actually acknowledge that their cult covered up the largest paedophile ring ever to disagrace professional sport. Needless to say, No. Heads firmly buried in the sand comforting each other with more ill Phil tales of Mike Fatshley and our impending doom. How they can justify being associated with the cult is beyond me. Nothing more jarring than seeing a child in those green and off-white stripes.

Watching that it’s sick unresl

I really feel for that guy and sister of the boy that took his own life

Forget about rivalry here

Hats off to them for standing up trying to get justice

If that was my club I’d still want it shut down

But Celtic supporters don’t want to admit it happened because to be honest it’s rife throughout the Catholic Church and probably think it’s ok to abuse

Sick very sick what happened there

I made the point about if it was Ranger to guy at work and how I would turn my back on the club if they wouldn't accept liability and tried to deflect the blame. I also told him I would like a public inquiry into the whole of Scottish football not just paedo fc, his answer turned my stomach as he thought it would open a can of worms and cause too much trouble for Scottish teams.

I made the point about if it was Ranger to guy at work and how I would turn my back on the club if they wouldn't accept liability and tried to deflect the blame. I also told him I would like a public inquiry into the whole of Scottish football not just paedo fc, his answer turned my stomach as he thought it would open a can of worms and cause too much trouble for Scottish teams.
They're more a cult than a club.

That was always their default setting when you brought this up.

Now that it is fact that big Jock was comfortable enough presenting the paedo with an award despite having full knowledge of his past they don't go near this any more.
The new default setting is 'separate entity'

Every single Celtic fan I have mentioned this too over the past couple of days have made out that they have no idea this story is out there and wont discuss it. Stock response from the brainwashed cult who admittedly are very organised and disciplined when it comes to protecting themselves. This is from people who dont know each other. They are completely ignoring it as if it will just go away.

This day has been a long time coming.
A very very long time coming especially for the victims who still have to be compensated and that will be a long time yet as the club of shame tries to deny and deflect it’s association with the boy’s club . The whole stadium should be burned to the ground for what has happened there so that the victims don’t have to be reminded of the horrors they suffered every time they pass by the rhat infested midden .

I have what may be classed as somewhat weird thought/ suggestion regarding this ring within Celtic. Is it just possible that the silence from within Celtic and it’s distancing itself from the boys club and the fact that McAfferty plead guilty so he didn’t take the stand therefore no evidence was heard could be yet more cover up so that no one of high regard held at the club would also be named? Or perhaps not so high regard but more likely high profile??

I suggested this to my neighbour who then asked “Why was Stein never given a knighthood despite all other British managers of European Cup winning teams received them”?

Or to throw a high profile individual into the mix, what connection could Gerry McCann have in all this?

Ok I admit it may be far fetched but there is something definitely wrong somewhere

Just googled- he wasn’t the only one not to be knighted

Last edited:
Write to your MP's .... all of them including the Natsis.

Demand a written response.

Politely and factually provide a link to the various stories in this scandal and ask them what they intend doing about it and would they comment with a public statement? Demand an investigation in to CFC and CBC.

Please don't leave it to a few posters on FF. DO IT YOURSELF AND CIRCULATE A REQUEST TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO DO LIKEWISE. Sorry caps locks fUcKed.
Do you have an email to hand I could copy and paste mate?

I don’t understand, how are they able to get BBC England, sky etc to get rid of the story??? Is it through payment, a threat of legal action or use of Scottish politicians. How are they doing it, it’s a national disgrace.

Picture the judges that have over seen the convictions of these CELTIC EMPLOYEES, how can they look at the evidence and not think to themselves “Sh1te, there was a paedo ring going on here, and it was obviously being covered up, I must speak to somebody about investigating this, I must do something about it” Has that happened or has somebody spoke to these judges and gone ‘look it’s in your best interests to let this go.

I just can get my head around any of it.

Especially when u compare it to the witch-hunt of EBT’s etc.

Can anyone who is ITK assure me that they aren’t going to get away with this?

Will the SFA punish them for not doing more to protect these children?
People like George Galloway have a lot of pull in England and America

2 things;
Hope the victims and their families get justice they need and deserve.
Hope it destroys they horrible bastards after 40 years of hiding and covering this up.

We were accused by HMRC of basically tax evasion, cue moral outrage from all sides, the Scottish media, scumtic baldy at Dundee hivs another baldy at the sheep pen, incl all their morally outraged fans who were so upset at Rangers that they would harm their own clubs by non attendance at games if we were not dealt the strongest sanctions possible and some even demanded we were removed from Scottish football completely, All this for a different interpretation of tax guidelines and applying tax avoidance which is legal and good business practice. We now have the biggest scandal in British sport never mind football and what do we hear from the same morally outraged? zilch, nada, what a feckin horrible country we now live in.

Jim White had Andy Woodward on his show around the time of Bennell getting the jail. Not a peep on his show that I heard today about this case. Instead a large chunk of it was dedicated to Man City players singing a distasteful song about Liverpool.

Jim White had Andy Woodward on his show around the time of Bennell getting the jail. Not a peep on his show that I heard today about this case. Instead a large chunk of it was dedicated to Man City players singing a distasteful song about Liverpool.
I heard it, Jim White seems to be on crusades of justice every other day but he won’t touch this with a fkn barge pole, he nothing but a alky tim .

This pish gets trotted out in almost every thread relating to the cover up.

Can we please stop this nonsense right now and deal with the facts before us.

There is no evidence whatsoever of Gerry McCann being involved in anything untoward at Celtic. None.

And the same applies to Pria De Luis (spelling). He just happened to be on holiday and his little girl disappeared. Just like that.

We were accused by HMRC of basically tax evasion, cue moral outrage from all sides, the Scottish media, scumtic baldy at Dundee hivs another baldy at the sheep pen, incl all their morally outraged fans who were so upset at Rangers that they would harm their own clubs by non attendance at games if we were not dealt the strongest sanctions possible and some even demanded we were removed from Scottish football completely, All this for a different interpretation of tax guidelines and applying tax avoidance which is legal and good business practice. We now have the biggest scandal in British sport never mind football and what do we hear from the same morally outraged? zilch, nada, what a feckin horrible country we now live in.
I agree with everything you said, the faux outrage at us over something 99.99% of them were not educated nor skilled to understand was nothing more than a successful attempt at keeping us away the league and UCL for as long as possible.

Now we have a real life issue that affected tens / hundreds of kids, ruined their chance at a life, and wrecked families, and we are told we are point scoring. Well they are probably right re some of the feeling towards them, it is point scoring cause I hope their club is taken to task, however, I’d feel the same if it was our club or any other, that’s the difference between us and them. They refuse to accept responsibility for what they’ve done.

Like I said mate justice 1st and them rotting in hell 2nd - that’s the only moral way I can look at it.

Yesterday was a decent start to putting this whole vile affair in the spotlight but that's all it was. Other than the ITN report, which was fairly damning, I still think the other outlets that picked this up are taking a "softly softly" approach and I have no doubt that there is a stack of dodgy activity going on behind the scenes from Celtic's representatives to try and suppress the story as much as possible. There's a lot of obvious dots to join that journos still dont seem to see or want to commit to.

The story itself is huge. Easily the biggest scandal in UK sport and completely overshadows anything that came to light last year, including Bennell - as despicable as that cuunt was, it was still one man. This is now, beyond a shadow of a doubt, a club "approved" full-blown paedophile ring which operated for years, destroyed many young lives and has been actively covered up for decades. Despite the pressures and lack of interest / action from government, SFA etc, surely this won't be allowed to simply be a one-day story only and there will be a swift and comprehensive follow up? I hope so and the rumoured upcoming docs might be the key to this but I still have a hunch that they will be met with apathy from the powers that be. Interesting to see what the next few days and weeks brings.

The victims in this absolutely deserve significant compensation and just as importantly, a full acknowledgement and apology for the evil that the club allowed to thrive within their ranks for so long. If Celtic continue to go to ground and dig their heels in, then its over to Maguire to expose them via the court system. With everything that has now come to light, it would seem unthinkable that he wouldn't win that case and expose their separate entity defence for the pish that it so clearly is. Then again, if this truly does go as high up as rumoured and senior figures in many different organisations could be implicated in the fallout, who knows. The mother of all brooms could be brought out to try and put this back under the carpet.

At least their reputation has taken the first serious hit in decades with yesterdays revelations. Remember, it was the "good name of the club" that they valued above all else, including the welfare of those poor boys. In a fair and just world, their image should now be forever tarnished and their club synonymous with the vile acts they perpetrated. Again though, this will only happen if yesterday is treated as the start, rather than the end, of the story.

You use a lot of words. I don't.

Yesterday was the start. Long way to the finish. They will be punished.

The reporter Jilly from the mirror and her photographer Alan. The 2 media hacks that got mcafartys confession.

Opus dei has many tentacles.

Could they both have been part of a wider celtc conspiracy. Celtc may have singled him out as a willing patsy to take the hit? Why? So it would bring an end to investigations and prosecutions - thus protecting the minimum of 14 remaining peadophiles that operated within celtcs ranks.

Far fetched?

I would not put it past them - damage limitation for when they have to pay up. He was a perfect one to select - because he carried out abuse within Hivs and Falkirk. That would be a nightmare confusion of lawsuit's to pursue. A lawyers feeding frenzy would ensure. Also. If other depraved perps had been named .... just Imagine, 20 odd depraved perverts working within that 1 club..... there would have been hundreds of victims coming forward pointing towards the other perverts. With multiple abusers - the thing that confirms 'a ring' existed.

They are dastardly bastard's and I wouldn't put it past them.

Just a tired thought before bed.

Last edited:
I agree with everything you said, the faux outrage at us over something 99.99% of them were not educated nor skilled to understand was nothing more than a successful attempt at keeping us away the league and UCL for as long as possible.

Now we have a real life issue that affected tens / hundreds of kids, ruined their chance at a life, and wrecked families, and we are told we are point scoring. Well they are probably right re some of the feeling towards them, it is point scoring cause I hope their club is taken to task, however, I’d feel the same if it was our club or any other, that’s the difference between us and them. They refuse to accept responsibility for what they’ve done.

Like I said mate justice 1st and them rotting in hell 2nd - that’s the only moral way I can look at it.

It's not us that's done anything wrong for demanding they are punished severely for their cover-up of child abuse and the destruction of so many young lives. Its frankly shameful All those MSP's who queue up to attack us are nowhere to be found when there is a real scandal needing their attention

It's grim reading now the details are finally surfacing.

I hope that the victims get the justice and compensation they deserve, and Celtic FC are taken to task for their disgusting denial of responsibility for it. Vile club, I'd be disgusted if we were in their position and acting as they are.

I have what may be classed as somewhat weird thought/ suggestion regarding this ring within Celtic. Is it just possible that the silence from within Celtic and it’s distancing itself from the boys club and the fact that McAfferty plead guilty so he didn’t take the stand therefore no evidence was heard could be yet more cover up so that no one of high regard held at the club would also be named? Or perhaps not so high regard but more likely high profile??

I suggested this to my neighbour who then asked “Why was Stein never given a knighthood despite all other British managers of European Cup winning teams received them”?

Or to throw a high profile individual into the mix, what connection could Gerry McCann have in all this?

Ok I admit it may be far fetched but there is something definitely wrong somewhere

Just googled- he wasn’t the only one not to be knighted
Another post about Gerry McCann. Honestly, doing nobody any favours. How about sticking to the facts?

Another post about Gerry McCann. Honestly, doing nobody any favours. How about sticking to the facts?

Gerry McCann was quoted as he worked at the club. He is a high profile name given the coverage him and that family have had since his daughter went missing under suspicious circumstances. We’re all allowed our own theories as wild and obscure as they may be

So, the mhedia up here have just noticed this now.

Did someone stab their eyes out 30 years ago.

That’s genuinely heartbreaking for the Gray lad and Kenny Campbell. Difficult viewing there.

The links now emerging with the rest of the paedo ring in England is even more disturbing.

This is an absolute paedophile ring disgrace going on all over the UK with Celtic right in the centre of it.

Do we not have one single decent and honest journalist anywhere in the whole of Scotland now?

SFA should be investigated.

Police should be investigating all celtics directors and staff at the time.

Media individuals should be questioned in a public inquiry.

Celtic should be stripped of titles.

SFA officials sacked.

Compensation paid.

Celtic punished, thrown out of football and made to reapply under a new name to end Scottish footballs association with their paedo shame

There is a journalist with the Times who uncovered the Yorkshire paedophile scandal,I've just emailed this guy as he leaves no stone unturned,I hope this guy gets involved as he was responsible for the a lot of people who where hiding information getting caught.
Andrew Norfolk
Mr Norfolk i don't know if you are aware of the paedophile accusations around Celtic fc,as from today it has now been confirmed by victims ,lawyers and certain media that these allegations are now true.
Due to your expertise in this type of work I was wondering if you or the Times were going to take this story forward.

Regards

There is now a lot of pressure on them. Looks like they've been abandoned by their shield of using the media favourably

Back