Sun "experts" predict the Cup Final scoreline

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
ROGER HANNAH

Rangers 1 Celtic 2

CUP finals can't be drawn, they need to be won. And, for me, Celtic have more match-winners in their squad right now.

Odsonne Edouard, Ryan Christie, James Forrest and Mo Elyounoussi are all big-game players.

Gers will rely heavily on Alfredo Morelos as he looks to break his duck against the Hoops.

That said, it could go either way - and don't be surprised if it goes all the way.

ROBERT GRIEVE

Rangers 2 Celtic 2

OKAY, okay I’ll need to take ten minutes to pick the splinters from my backside.

But I just can’t pick a winner on Sunday.

Celtic looked vulnerable against Hamilton Accies on Wednesday and Rangers chucked away two points at Pittodrie.

With that in mind I fancy a goals-fest at Hampden for a final which could easily go to extra time and penalties.

DEREK McGREGOR

Rangers 1 Celtic 2

THIS has the makings of an epic, see-saw showdown.

There's no question Rangers are more than capable of ending Celtic's three and a half year trophy dominance. They have the desire, they have the players.

But the Hoops clearly have those qualities too plus, critically, the know-how to get the job done.

I expect Rangers to put them under severe pressure.

But I believe Celtic will keep their grip on the Betfred Cup.

ROBERT MARTIN

Rangers 2 Celtic 1 (after extra-time)

CELTIC’S unbelievable run of domestic dominance has to end sometime - and today could well be the day.

Steven Gerrard’s side have nothing to fear going into this one and in Alfredo Morelos they have that X-Factor that could make all the difference.

It WON’T be easy, though. Neil Lennon’s Hoops aren’t going to give up this trophy lightly.

But if Gers get the breaks they might just do it by the smallest of margins.

ROBERT THOMSON

Rangers 1 Celtic 3

THERE is no doubt Rangers have improved again this season but they are still short of their bitter rivals.

Celtic have the better squad and, crucially, far more experience of winning at Hampden - and that will prove crucial.

Neil Lennon's side are capable of upping their game several levels for big occasions and you'd expect them to do the same on Sunday.

DAVID FRIEL

Rangers 1 Celtic 2 (after extra-time)

THERE is little between the two teams in the Premiership and 120 minutes could be on the cards at Hampden.

Celtic know what it takes to win trophies - but Rangers will cause problems through Ryan Kent and Alfredo Morelos.

It could go either way but the Hoops have a bigger goal threat from midfield and that could be the difference.

COLIN DUNCAN

Rangers 1 Celtic 2

MIDDLE to front there has been precious little to separate Rangers and Celtic so far this season.

Both sides have game-changers in the wide areas, quality in the midfield engine room and clinical strikers up top.

But, defensively the Hoops appear to hold the edge. The manner of the goals Rangers have conceded in three of the last four games against Feyenoord, Hamilton and Aberdeen must be a real concern for boss Steven Gerrard.

It is hard to see them keeping a clean sheet at Hampden so Celtic are taken to continue their domestic superiority and claim the first silverware of the campaign.

RYAN McDONALD

Rangers 2 Celtic 3

BOTH teams are in red-hot form and that should guarantee goals.

Everyone knows about Alfredo Morelos' hoodoo against Celtic and I expect that to change on Sunday - the Colombian is top drawer.

For me though, it won't be enough, with Celtic just having the edge.

Fwather Forthter, Scott Brown and James Forrest know this fixture inside out, and their experience, sprinkled with the quality of Ryan Christie, Mo Elyounoussi and Odsonne Edouard, should see the Hoops lift their 10th trophy in a row.

SCOTT MacARTHUR

Rangers 1 Celtic 2

IT will certainly be a tight affair, but if both teams show up to their full ability on the day then Celtic should lift their tenth trophy on the bounce.

Rangers are certainly miles better under Steven Gerrard than any other Gers side who has faced the Hoops at Hampden in recent years.

But Neil Lennon's men are used to the pressure that playing for a trophy brings and should have enough on the day providing the likes of Odsonne Edouard and Mohamed Elyounoussi are fully fit and available.

Tbh they are fair enough assessments. I think we will lose 3-1. I’m not a defeatist just giving my honest prediction based on reality and not emotion. Hope to God I’m wrong though as I know we have it in us to do it.

CourageousBossyHornshark.webp

Only one thing matters - the actual result.

We all hope that we are smiling and celebrating tomorrow evening

We are 2nd in the league and they beat us at home, is it that surprising most pick them? It will be very close whatever the outcome is my prediction.

It's too close to call. Could be decided by a poor decision, an error, a moment of genius or a pure fluke. So long as we apply ourselves and give 100% then what Will be will be

Good, we now have the opportunity to show these so called experts up for what they really are....(fill in the blank as you see fit)

There’s hardly anything outrageous there at all, certainly nothing worth getting upset about

Most guys say it’s close and could go either way but most are just taking the team who have won everything in the last 3 years, it’s hardly a surprise.

Any time I’m confident going into a game against them we lose. Not confident in the slightest for Sunday and that’ll do me just fine

I've heard of Roger Hannah but the fact he uses the media pet term 'Hoops' tells me he's a wank. The others might as well be blokes down the pub. Worthless comments.

What gets me is everyone says we are reliant on Alfredo now correct me if I'm wrong here. But was there not a table for how teams rely on a player. Now I'm pretty sure we were 10th and they were reliant on Édouard

Journalists in tipping bookies favourites shocker. It astonishes me that this lot actually get paid to pen these articles.

Celtic have more match winners eh....Goldson last min at Kilmarnock...Barisic free kick at St Mirren...Helander winning goal v Motherwe....Morelos..Defoe..Kent..Jack..Arfield...all have goals.

Jesus

My assessment is that you are indeed a defeatist.
And by your logic that means you predict Rangers to win every game they play. There’s a difference between hope and expectation. Can we win? Yes of course. Will we win? Being totally honest no I don’t think we will in this one. Staggering really that people can’t make adult predictions without the playground repercussions. But then again you were probably one of the people saying we’d beat Aberdeen 4-0 on Wednesday?

Just saw on SSN that sterling has never scored for Liverpool or Man City against Man utd........ So he's shite as well

Good, all pressure on the Tim’s then as all but one expect us to lose. Pretty much like every other fvcker out there bar ourselves.

IF we do lose then they’ll be desperate to report on how much of a failure we are (when they all expect us to lose so they’ll contradict themselves)

I just hope and pray to fvck that we do these cvnts tomorrow and shut the whole of Scottish football up

Come one Rangers, Let’s Fvcking Go!!!

Get that on the changing room wall, next to Sutton.

This Roger Hannah, obviously hasn't seen, Tav, Jack, Davis, Kent, McGregor play against better teams than the mentally challengeds! Big game players :rolleyes: Ffs!

Good.

The last time this thread came up in September, actually more of them were predicting a Rangers victory.

And many of you were purring like cats getting their tummies rubbed at that. Didn't exactly work out well for us.

The more who write us off, the better.

Back