Sun say Newcastle in for Alfie.

BlueBougie

Alfie to Newcastle according to The Scum. Gaining traction on Newcastle sites too. If Joelinton that is gash is worth £40 million then we will start there.

THE new ownership at Newcastle look sure to make some big splashes in the January transfer window.

Some big moves have already been rumoured, with Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos among the names mentioned.

Alfredo Morelos: has been a consistent goalscorer for Rangers in recent seasons
Morelos has been one of Rangers' key players in recent season, scoring 58 goals in 127 appearances.

The Colombian striker moved to Ibrox from Finnish side HJK for £1million before the 2017 season.

His goals have been key in Rangers' return to the top of Scottish football following their troubles of the early 2010s.

And Betfair have priced Morelos as a 10/1 shot to join Newcastle in January - the shortest price of any striker in the market.

The Magpies' current striking options include England striker Callum Wilson, Joelinton and fan favourite Allan Saint-Maximin.

But they have only managed eight goals through their opening seven games and currently sit second-bottom of the Premier League.

As such, the front line will surely be an area the new ownership will be looking to bolster in January.

Other names rumoured as potential targets include Burnley defender James Tarkowski, Jesse Lingard, Aaron Ramsey, Philippe Coutinho, and former midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum.

To sign for Newcastle before 3rd February 2022

• James Tarkowski 3/1
  • Jesse Lingard 9/1
  • Aaron Ramsey 10/1
  • Philippe Coutinho 10/1
  • Alfredo Morelos 10/1
  • Georginio Wijnaldum 10/1
  • Raheem Sterling 12/1
  • Donny van de Beek 14/1
  • Jamie Vardy 16/1
  • Gareth Bale 16/1
  • Paul Pogba 20/1
  • Ousmane Dembele 20/1
  • Anthony Martial 20/1
  • Kalvin Phillips 20/1
  • Declan Rice 20/1
  • Paulo Dybala 25/1

Alfie yo Newcastle according to The Scum. Gaining traction on Newcastle sites too. If Joelinton that is gash is worth £40 million then we will start there.

THE new ownership at Newcastle look sure to make some big splashes in the January transfer window.

Some big moves have already been rumoured, with Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos among the names mentioned.

Alfredo Morelos: has been a consistent goalscorer for Rangers in recent seasons
Morelos has been one of Rangers' key players in recent season, scoring 58 goals in 127 appearances.

The Colombian striker moved to Ibrox from Finnish side HJK for £1million before the 2017 season.

His goals have been key in Rangers' return to the top of Scottish football following their troubles of the early 2010s.

And Betfair have priced Morelos as a 10/1 shot to join Newcastle in January - the shortest price of any striker in the market.

The Magpies' current striking options include England striker Callum Wilson, Joelinton and fan favourite Allan Saint-Maximin.

But they have only managed eight goals through their opening seven games and currently sit second-bottom of the Premier League.

As such, the front line will surely be an area the new ownership will be looking to bolster in January.

Other names rumoured as potential targets include Burnley defender James Tarkowski, Jesse Lingard, Aaron Ramsey, Philippe Coutinho, and former midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum.

To sign for Newcastle before 3rd February 2022

• James Tarkowski 3/1
  • Jesse Lingard 9/1
  • Aaron Ramsey 10/1
  • Philippe Coutinho 10/1
  • Alfredo Morelos 10/1
  • Georginio Wijnaldum 10/1
  • Raheem Sterling 12/1
  • Donny van de Beek 14/1
  • Jamie Vardy 16/1
  • Gareth Bale 16/1
  • Paul Pogba 20/1
  • Ousmane Dembele 20/1
  • Anthony Martial 20/1
  • Kalvin Phillips 20/1
  • Declan Rice 20/1
  • Paulo Dybala 25/1
Would hate to see him leave but from the way Gerrard spoke about other offers it sounds as if the boards player valuation sale price is met they will go......

I don't know what they have on Alfie? 25 mil? I believe they knocked back 16 or 18 mil already

I'd hate to see him go in the winter when the league was still all to play for....

Stop talking about it. That way it doesn't "gain traction"
We'll have someone posting tomorrow that they've heard Newcastle want Alfie. Aye you heard it from this thread.

Oh look, more paper thin bollocks based on bookies odds.

Cant wait for the weekend so these rags have some actual football to fill space with.

Utter Pish…. If you had untold millions and could buy pretty much any player on the planet my first thought would not be shopping in the SPL, as good as Alfie is I’m sure the new owners are aiming higher, right now they need proven talent to stop them getting relegated.
Alfie would be better off on a league like Spain on maybe France with his style of football he’s be cracking in those leagues

See now untold millions at the top level doesn’t really matter anymore. Newcastle may have new rich owners but they aren’t the only rich club in town. Where would you like to play for 300k a week? London? Madrid? Manchester? Paris? Newcastle? Come on now. Newcastle will obviously raise their profile but being ‘rich’ isn’t the be all and end all these days. It will take ‘the toon’ a decade to break through for me.

I've no idea if Newcastle are interested or not, but if they are then this will be his move.

He wants the EPL and we want 20-million therefore there's nothing stopping it happening (if it's true)

I just hope it's the end of the season though so we can win the league and get the Champions League money. I don't want him to go in January and it costs us.
The fact that it’s the richest owners in the world (iirc) and the club spent £40m on Joelinton then for me the price is £30m

Let's be honest, Newcastle will have an insane amount to spent, they're going to set their sights much higher. They won't get top tier like Messi, Kane etc but they'll get a level below. Dybala, Andre Silva, Alexander Isak etc. Morelos isn't at that level.

Just back in from my Wed night, Grumpy old men's club - a few beers and appalling language.

Just logged on, as usual

- Sweet baby @#@£s, just stop - stop, stop

I've the greatest affection for Alfie (and all our other players) BUT if the Saudi's are involved, -------

-- they'll not be looking for "bargains".

(Cal-mac/Turnbull on their radar??????) - Shite!!!!!

Newcastle are going to start small, folk really need to bin the idea that they are going to build a super squad in the space of two windows like Chelsea did under Abramovich. They have unlimited funds but they don't have the clout, other than dishing out extortionate wages. They also need to avoid relegation first. I find this very believable actually. Alfie would compliment their current group quite well and would likely come in handy further down the line when they start building towards something bigger.

No idea if Morelos would be in their radar. Wouldn’t have thought so but if he was he’s gone. And should go with our blessing as he gets his EPL move, not far to move his young family and probably sets himself and his foundation up for life.

As an aside Aaron Ramsey to join them is a brilliant bet. Not playing at juventus so available, uk resident and a huge upgrade on anything they have midfield wise.

He's not mentioned on the site I perused and judging by the names they're discussing I think they'd be less than overjoyed if Alfie got the nod ahead of them.

Fucking Geordie twats think they're something already.

Just back in from my Wed night, Grumpy old men's club - a few beers and appalling language.

Just logged on, as usual

- Sweet baby @#@£s, just stop - stop, stop

I've the greatest affection for Alfie (and all our other players) BUT if the Saudi's are involved, -------

-- they'll not be looking for "bargains".

(Cal-mac/Turnbull on their radar??????) - Shite!!!!!

Turnbull 90mil to Newcastle heard it here first ;)

No idea if Morelos would be in their radar. Wouldn’t have thought so but if he was he’s gone. And should go with our blessing as he gets his EPL move, not far to move his young family and probably sets himself and his foundation up for life.

As an aside Aaron Ramsey to join them is a brilliant bet. Not playing at juventus so available, uk resident and a huge upgrade on anything they have midfield wise.
I’m not sure they’d match the £450k P/W wage :))

Injury prone but I’d give my left nut for Rambo to sign for us. We are worried about a proper link middle to front or a goal scoring midfielder! Rambo would run riot up here well until he got ‘crunched’

They'll be flinging all sorts of names at Newcastle the noo.

Nothing at all linking him concretely.

I've no reason to believe this is true, but IF it is then we need to bear a few things in mind:

• He is our best striker and is under contract until 2023.
  • Newcastle are, on paper at least, the wealthiest club in the EPL.
  • Signing him in January would be highly disruptive to us, and Newcastle would therefore be expected to pay a premium for this.

For these reasons, then we should be looking at around £35 million with significant add ons.

Even then, I'd be tempted to ask Newcastle to immediately loan him back to us until the end of the season.

Newcastle's new owners will have their sights set on more high profile players than Morelos.

They will need to spend big in the January window or else they will probably get relegated.

I could maybe see Newcastle paying big money for a striker from one team then that team looking at Morelos as a replacement.

Newcastle's new owners will have their sights set on more high profile players than Morelos.

They will need to spend big in the January window or else they will probably get relegated.

I could maybe see Newcastle paying big money for a striker from one team then that team looking at Morelos as a replacement.
What sort of striker from what sort of team? A top 6 EPL side?

Money talks, but nevertheless it would still take some persuading to get a top striker or attacking midfielder to go to a side who may well still be in the relegation zone come January.

People talk about Sterling not being as big a part of Guardiola's plans as he would like. Still, I'd be surprised to see him go to Newcastle in January.

Next summer may be a different story. If they preserve their EPL status, I think Newcastle will see wholesale changes to their squad. Come the beginning of next season I think they could well have a team with a credible chance of becoming a top 6 side and competing for the domestic cups as well.

Long term, the club's new owners will absolutely have winning the EPL title in their sights. But they know this isn't a realistic goal in the next year or 18 months. That'll be more a three to five year plan IMO.

Newcastle won't be able to sign top tier talents for a relegation scrap mate. Those signings will come in the next few windows. They'll get a few mercenaries in who are looking to make a quick buck of course, but they need to build upon what they have at their disposal right now, not in 3 windows time. They aren't signing a whole new team in January.

If they are going to avoid relegation, then they need to get their signings spot on. Going out and blowing millions on players who have never played in the UK is the biggest risk they could take at this juncture. They'll go after EPL players and guys who have play/played in the UK imo.

Morelos may not be an exciting name for Newcastle fans but Alfie at his best walks into that current Newcastle side.

Reactions: TN8
Aye because the sun or bookies already have an in with the new unsigned and unknown manager and/ or director of football.

File under slow news day let's make up shit !

The whole article is based on a market which Betfair have thrown together with various players who Newcastle may or may not sign. It isn't based on any genuine link. Absolutely nobody knows who Newcastle will be interested in, it's all guesswork, the bookies will make a few quid from this though.

I love Alfie but I’m not daft enough to think the richest club in the world is coming in for him. We couldn’t get the twenty we wanted and I don’t feel his stock has went up from that time. If we could get a suitable replacement I would let him go. He’s up against superb players every week down there. People talking of 30 million need to get Tierney out there head. Also it annoys me the way he can’t keep quiet about the premiership, he’s a big fish in a small pond here and he would be the little fish there. I love Alfie but I disagree with the could play anywhere comments. Even in his first couple of seasons when he was on fire domestically and Europe we couldn’t sell him. I don’t feel he will be going to a Champios league team and tbh the toon are shite

Back