Sun say Newcastle in for Alfie.

Newcastle aren't going to be able to get elite talent yet. They will have to go through the same building process that Man City did. Where you can get some good players and maybe 1 high level statement player. They'll need to build a proper squad over a number of years.

So aye it wouldn't surprise me if they were interested in Alfie or others at our club. If they do come for one of our players, let's milk the Geordies dry.

I love Alfie but I’m not daft enough to think the richest club in the world is coming in for him. We couldn’t get the twenty we wanted and I don’t feel his stock has went up from that time. If we could get a suitable replacement I would let him go. He’s up against superb players every week down there. People talking of 30 million need to get Tierney out there head. Also it annoys me the way he can’t keep quiet about the premiership, he’s a big fish in a small pond here and he would be the little fish there. I love Alfie but I disagree with the could play anywhere comments. Even in his first couple of seasons when he was on fire domestically and Europe we couldn’t sell him. I don’t feel he will be going to a Champios league team and tbh the toon are shite

You're speaking as if we've desperately been trying to punt him but have been unable to, which isn't the case. We've had opportunities to sell him but we chose not to. An 8m offer was rejected from a club in China a few years ago and a 16m bid was rejected from the current French champions last season.

They have been linked to at least 5 new players everyday since the takeover on twitter. Add to that a new favourite for the managers job everyday as well.

Utter Pish…. If you had untold millions and could buy pretty much any player on the planet my first thought would not be shopping in the SPL, as good as Alfie is I’m sure the new owners are aiming higher, right now they need proven talent to stop them getting relegated.
Alfie would be better off on a league like Spain on maybe France with his style of football he’s be cracking in those leagues
I'm going to have to disagree with you. I've no doubt not many world class players would go to Newcastle just now as they are still s##t and languishing near the foot of the table. They're a team in transition and will no doubt they will get a mixture of mercenaries and what I call stop gap players. In maybe a few years when they are top 3 in Prem and competing in Europe every year is when the the elite will come.

Geordies are minted, bookie bingo and agent alert !
Mercenary madness, it's the only club that they wanted to play for ? Don't ya know.

File under nonsense.

If a club can afford any player who is available, and when you can afford that, most are, why would you want to sign Alfredo Morelos?

It literally makes no sense.

The very definition of fake news.
It does make sense though.

It's been pointed out several times but top tier players ain't going there straight away. The best players at top clubs in teams like Rangers however are gettable if the dough is produced.

I've no idea if Newcastle are interested or not, but if they are then this will be his move.

He wants the EPL and we want 20-million therefore there's nothing stopping it happening (if it's true)

I just hope it's the end of the season though so we can win the league and get the Champions League money. I don't want him to go in January and it costs us.
The interesting thing is that now when Newcastle bid on players the price automatically goes UP because everyone knows they are minted.

Alfie to Newcastle according to The Scum. Gaining traction on Newcastle sites too. If Joelinton that is gash is worth £40 million then we will start there.

THE new ownership at Newcastle look sure to make some big splashes in the January transfer window.

Some big moves have already been rumoured, with Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos among the names mentioned.

Alfredo Morelos: has been a consistent goalscorer for Rangers in recent seasons
Morelos has been one of Rangers' key players in recent season, scoring 58 goals in 127 appearances.

The Colombian striker moved to Ibrox from Finnish side HJK for £1million before the 2017 season.

His goals have been key in Rangers' return to the top of Scottish football following their troubles of the early 2010s.

And Betfair have priced Morelos as a 10/1 shot to join Newcastle in January - the shortest price of any striker in the market.

The Magpies' current striking options include England striker Callum Wilson, Joelinton and fan favourite Allan Saint-Maximin.

But they have only managed eight goals through their opening seven games and currently sit second-bottom of the Premier League.

As such, the front line will surely be an area the new ownership will be looking to bolster in January.

Other names rumoured as potential targets include Burnley defender James Tarkowski, Jesse Lingard, Aaron Ramsey, Philippe Coutinho, and former midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum.

To sign for Newcastle before 3rd February 2022

• James Tarkowski 3/1
  • Jesse Lingard 9/1
  • Aaron Ramsey 10/1
  • Philippe Coutinho 10/1
  • Alfredo Morelos 10/1
  • Georginio Wijnaldum 10/1
  • Raheem Sterling 12/1
  • Donny van de Beek 14/1
  • Jamie Vardy 16/1
  • Gareth Bale 16/1
  • Paul Pogba 20/1
  • Ousmane Dembele 20/1
  • Anthony Martial 20/1
  • Kalvin Phillips 20/1
  • Declan Rice 20/1
  • Paulo Dybala 25/1
The sun shit stirring just before a crucial game. What a surprise

Nobody knows who they’ll be going for.

File under boIIocks.

I do think that they’ll try and get their own brand of Gallowgate Galacticos though.

Utter shite. Let’s put a list of players a club with new found fortune might want to buy! Pathetic effort at journalism, no wonder they’re despised!

Bullshit.

As now the the richest club in the world, I think they would look at other options before Alfredo Morelos ffs.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. I've no doubt not many world class players would go to Newcastle just now as they are still s##t and languishing near the foot of the table. They're a team in transition and will no doubt they will get a mixture of mercenaries and what I call stop gap players. In maybe a few years when they are top 3 in Prem and competing in Europe every year is when the the elite will come.
100%. They will buy players that know the EPL and will do a decent enough job for them over a couple seasons. Tarkowski from Burnley has been linked, Lingaard as well and also Lacazette who is out of contract in the summer.

I can’t believe anyone still buys that comic or the other comic in Scotland. It just shows how far education standards have fallen. Now if people were buying Viz I’d understand.

Pure speculation. No appointments have been made yet - Manager, Director of a Football etc.
File under pish.

Article is false

99 goals in 196 games

(Yes, I know they are using league appearances only to downplay his stats. But they don't say league appearances. Its false).

I would expect we have no intention of selling any of our most important players in the January window unless a stupidly high offer comes in.

You're speaking as if we've desperately been trying to punt him but have been unable to, which isn't the case. We've had opportunities to sell him but we chose not to. An 8m offer was rejected from a club in China a few years ago and a 16m bid was rejected from the current French champions last season.
I know that, do you think we are going to get such offers again? I perso ally don’t. For the record I think Alfie on his game is worth more than we were offered. Unless he does the damage in Europe this year I dont think we will get a 16 m offer again. I think the way he is being asked to play negates his natural talent. Only my opinion pal, I certainly don’t know more than the Management team. In his first couple of seasons I thought he would easily slot into a top team in a top 5 league. He maybe would have had to have a stepping stone first but would have been in a top team soon enough. I don’t think that’s the case now. I don’t like the way a player who cost us 1 million pounds and let’s be honest, we made Alfie but he is always talking of leaving our league. I know he is asked loaded questions but he should be more diplomatic IMO. Leave that for when he leaves. If and when he goes he will have my best wishes and i will always follow him. As I will the rest of the squad as they are heroes for 55. I just worry with the Goldson contract situation, some other players may see that as a route to the EPL.
Incidentally, I was talking to an old work friend from Bogotá yesterday and the wee man is a hero there for his charity work and all over Colombia. Shame on our MSM how he has been treatedCompare and contrast his coverage here, It’s a joke, and a bad one at that

Newcastle aren't going to be able to get elite talent yet. They will have to go through the same building process that Man City did. Where you can get some good players and maybe 1 high level statement player. They'll need to build a proper squad over a number of years.

So aye it wouldn't surprise me if they were interested in Alfie or others at our club. If they do come for one of our players, let's milk the Geordies dry.
That’s true. Some people seem to think they are just going to sign an entire new squad of 25 elite players in the one window.:))

Martial and Lingard are the players they will go for. They need a whole club set up and whoever is the coach will dictate signings. Be interesting to see who they get in. Where's Mancini these days?

It would be good if we only had one window per season. Having to listen to this kind of rubbish twice a year is just a distraction, some people seem to crave Morelos leaving us, even some of our own, which I find more than a bit weird?

Can you really see Newcastle’s owners telling the sun anything?

Everything is speculation at this point. They’ve not even appointed a manager

let's milk the Geordies dry.

Sounds like some of the wild nights out I’ve had up there.

Seriously though, people need to be realistic. Newcastle aren’t going to come for Morelos. That’s pie in the sky stuff

And having to say to people Newcastle won’t be interested in Morelos….

It somehow just reminded me of that scene from father Ted with the toy cows. “These are small, those are far away”

The FF master negotiation team throwing wild figures around including untold add ons based on a story in a newspaper they neither read nor believe anything they may write.....not that they ever read it anyway.

:D :D
Pretty much par for the course on FF anytime any team is linked with one of our players!

£25 perium for January and we sell and replace

Good luck Alfie love the boy great servant

Great memories

Let him play against the scum first wee hatrick as a goodbye present

Then break McGregor’s leg in the last minute

Back