Sun say Newcastle in for Alfie.

I've no reason to believe this is true, but IF it is then we need to bear a few things in mind:

• He is our best striker and is under contract until 2023.
  • Newcastle are, on paper at least, the wealthiest club in the EPL.
  • Signing him in January would be highly disruptive to us, and Newcastle would therefore be expected to pay a premium for this.

For these reasons, then we should be looking at around £35 million with significant add ons.

Even then, I'd be tempted to ask Newcastle to immediately loan him back to us until the end of the season.
35 million, come on mate that’s fantasy land. Ever since Tierney going to Arsenal all some fans want is to sell someone for more. I love Alfie and he is an integral part of our team but we are not getting 35m. We have not had one acceptable bid and I think Rangers would take the 16 m we were offered before. people need to be realistic about the value of our players, otherwise they are going to be very upset when they leave. Also, it’s the Sun so there is a better chance of it being shite than actually true.

Absolute non-story, the press as a whole have got a couple of months to link anyone they want with Newcastle now before the Jan window starts.

That people believe this nonsense is beyond me - and it’ll only get worse the closer we get to the window opening.

I am. I think he's great. He has been amazing value and scored a lot of goals.

Whilst he would score goals in the epl no one has taken that chance on him.
Think that is partly down to the Tim infested media trying to play Alfie down to enhance the prices of the scum players also the hounding of him by referees who had to have him in their book for trophy points especially Tim minded ones.

Think that is partly down to the Tim infested media trying to play Alfie down to enhance the prices of the scum players also the hounding of him by referees who had to have him in their book for trophy points especially Tim minded ones.

No club takes any notice of a press story when deciding how much to bid for players. To suggest that Morelos hasnt attracted the kind of big money Rangers value him at because The Sun or Record write negative stories is laughable.

Lille thought Morelos was worth about £16million. We think he's worth more so refused their bid. Nobody else has come in for him. Either we're over-valuing the player or Covid stopped teams bidding £20million or more.

Back