Sunday’s games of football

Souness having a dig at Gerrard there on Sky Sports.

Carra and Gerrard ‘extended interview’ coming up. Looks like he poses the question of timing. No doubt a PR exercise for Gerrard to put his side out there.

Souness having a dig at Gerrard there on Sky Sports.

Carra and Gerrard ‘extended interview’ coming up. Looks like he poses the question of timing. No doubt a PR exercise for Gerrard to put his side out there.
What did Souness say?

Looking forward to the Villa and Leicester match later.

Can’t seem to pick a coupon though anybody got one on for an idea?

Few other interesting games and goes without saying an eye will be kept on one of them… :D.

Villa to win
Watkins AGS
McGinn & Evans carded
Villa o5.5 corners

97/1

Decent sized bet on Watkins anytime at 9/5.

Last edited:
Just that he was disappointed with the timing. They tried to rope him in by asking if he could see the similarities and he said “no, I’m Scottish and he’s English.” :))
Can't help but feel he also wanted to say that he left us to a giant in Liverpool, whereas Gerrard took a step down to Villa but held his tongue.

Gerrard: “in my position you wonder if the opportunity will come around again. For once in my career I’m thinking about meself (sic). I done whats right for me and my family.”

“You can lose a player very easily in this day and age” says Gerrard in response to Carra’s question about managerial style/hairdryer treatment. Wonder who he might be basing that off of?

Some call the mentally challengeds obsessed yet we have some of our own who watch them and come on here and act all offended when they win.

In Scottish football terms they’ve spent huge every window or season for years now.

Not been anything to worry about recently
In the ‘recent’ past(last 5 years) they have won 4 league titles to our 1.

They won 12 trophies in a row.

Of course spending huge is something to worry about, only a fool would think or say otherwise.

Im hoping we can be smart with our player trading in january and come out of the transfer window with a stronger squad.

I also hope they struggle to make any really significant funds available to strengthen their squad but i suspect with the champions league bounty up for grabs they will.

But either way this league is going down to the wire and the january transfer window could well be pivotal in who ends up winning the league and enjoying the champions league direct entry benefits.

Quite a few panic merchants on here I don't think its being over confident or complacent to say Rangers are still favourites for the League

we have a better players a stronger squad and a better Manager, I mean considering we had a Manager that didn't want to be here at the start of the season players who weren't performing we still managed to win the first Old Firm game and we are 4 points clear

We now have a much better Manager and the players have found their Mojo again, let them worry about us

We’ve been saying that all season, come October Kyogo will be gubbed, they’ll be shattered blah blah, its december and they aint letting up. We have 4 weeks off in January to reset too. They’ll also recruit in January so its gonna be harder than people think.
It'll definitely be a tougher fight than last year but that wouldn't be hard. However, it's certainly not one we should be panicking about whilst 4 points clear in December. Our fans seem to watch them romp against the Dundee utd's and start flapping. The fact of the matter is they have 1 maybe 2 players that would get a game for us and we will deal with them in January when it matters.

In the ‘recent’ past(last 5 years) they have won 4 league titles to our 1.

They won 12 trophies in a row.

Of course spending huge is something to worry about, only a fool would think or say otherwise.

Im hoping we can be smart with our player trading in january and come out of the transfer window with a stronger squad.

I also hope they struggle to make any really significant funds available to strengthen their squad but i suspect with the champions league bounty up for grabs they will.

But either way this league is going down to the wire and the january transfer window could well be pivotal in who ends up winning the league and enjoying the champions league direct entry benefits.
I should have been clearer, when I posted reecent to me meant this season and last

Today at Tannadice is why folk were losing the plot at us throwing away stupid points at home earlier this season. It is easier for Celtc to win trophies and titles in Scotland when the opposition barely lift a leg. We, however, face a physical battle in every League game we play.
Nonsense… let’s leave the victimhood/ all the worlds against us pish to them eh?

Have you not seen any of 8 teams below them in the spl table?
No problems with him going. What concerns me is how much of a shift he was putting in before he left. The way we were playing compared to now suggests not much was happening on the training ground

Reactions: sj2
It'll definitely be a tougher fight than last year but that wouldn't be hard. However, it's certainly not one we should be panicking about whilst 4 points clear in December. Our fans seem to watch them romp against the Dundee utd's and start flapping. The fact of the matter is they have 1 maybe 2 players that would get a game for us and we will deal with them in January when it matters.

Any time they get a win the panic merchants are out. They've forgotten what a real title race feels like. Or they never had the bottle for one in the first place.

I think they said in commentary that Rangnick was attempting to be the first German to win his first EPL game.

No problems with him going. What concerns me is how much of a shift he was putting in before he left. The way we were playing compared to now suggests not much was happening on the training ground

"New manager bounce"? We'll see.

First time I’ve had a chance to watch Villa since Gerrard took over. He’s shown more interest and passion for this game than he did in the whole of this season for us.

Some call the mentally challengeds obsessed yet we have some of our own who watch them and come on here and act all offended when they win.
Aye, because watching a game of football is entirely comparable to how the filth have spent their last ten years.

Come back when we're asking questions about them at our AGM.

Freiburg are 2-0 up at Gladbach with 3 minutes gone.
Been to the old ground in Freiburg and I must try to get to the new stadium. Nice strips and the manager is as mad as a box of frogs but he has done really well and they play some good stuff.

Classic goal for a Gerrard team to concede, RB was no where to be seen with the RCB isolated in a 1 vs 1.

Back