Sunday’s games of football

Amazing how many people dont know the laws of the game. Even the commentators seemed confused by it. As soon as I seen the first replay I thought it would get disallowed.

Reactions: Moz
A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball with the hand(s) when:

• the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save
  • holding the ball in the outstretched open hand
  • bouncing it on the ground or throwing it in the air
A goalkeeper cannot be challenged by an opponent when in control of the ball with the hand(s).

Hard to keep up with the rules these days, I had always thought it was two hands on the ball.

You can say you dont like the rule, but you cant question the decision. The ref had to disallow the goal going by the rules.

Amazing how many people dont know the laws of the game. Even the commentators seemed confused by it. As soon as I seen the first replay I thought it would get disallowed.

Happy its been disallowed, but the striker is already in motion before the keeper gets near it, I would be raging if we had one like that disallowed

Happy its been disallowed, but the striker is already in motion before the keeper gets near it, I would be raging if we had one like that disallowed
Irrelevant. The GK had a full hand on top of the ball therefore he has it in control according to the rule so the ref is correct.

It'll definitely be a tougher fight than last year but that wouldn't be hard. However, it's certainly not one we should be panicking about whilst 4 points clear in December. Our fans seem to watch them romp against the Dundee utd's and start flapping. The fact of the matter is they have 1 maybe 2 players that would get a game for us and we will deal with them in January when it matters.
The dundee united that took 3 points from us? Im not panicking just yet but I think a lot of our fans have their heads in the sand when it comes to them “beating the dundee utds” etc. We keep saying they’ll drop points away here, there and everywhere and they seem to be dropping less and less.

Couple of things about that lot

1. I’m not a fan of the whole teams trying harder in general but one thing I do think matters is players/managers in the team. Most people in Scotland grow up rangers or Celtic. I don’t think it’s to far fetched to say a Celtic fan in a team will want to beat us more than them. So the number of fans in the league in general has an effect

2. They seem to be carrying some amount of luck . Every team they play seems to miss sitters and harts error with kicking always seems to just evade the opposition player . Compare to us where teams seem ti score every chance they get

Charlie Mulgrew is a fucking disgrace

His lack of effort today compared to the game v us couldn't have been any more stark.

Cheating bastard

Really struggling. As are Everton, who's plight seems have gone under the radar to a degree. They are currently a point worse off than Leeds if the result at Elland Road stays the same. Everton play Arsenal tomorrow.
Benitez taking Everton down would be hilarious. If it happened at the same time as Liverpool winning the league they'd never get over it.

Of course we are in a title race it's far too early to say otherwise but it's not as doom and gloom as you make out either. We don't need to sell even but even if we manage 1 or 2 good loans in we will be fine.

I'm most certainly not doom and gloom and by no stretch of the imagination do I believe they are better than us (although I say this as someone who does not watch any of their games). Just that many Bears seem to think we just need to turn up abd 56 is ours, which is crazy.

As I said they will definitely buy in January, we might. We might also lose our Nigerian trio for 4 weeks in Jan/Feb.

What's the script with folk arguing that he only had it for a millisecond so it should've stood? Doesn't matter how long he had it, it was in his control until it was kicked.

Today at Tannadice is why folk were losing the plot at us throwing away stupid points at home earlier this season. It is easier for Celtc to win trophies and titles in Scotland when the opposition barely lift a leg. We, however, face a physical battle in every League game we play.

Celtic have dropped more points than us though.
So it doesn't really make sense does it?

It's easier for Celtic to win stuff in Scotland because they spend a ridiculous amount of money on players and player salaries. That's how almost every single European league works.

Celtic drop 13 points = the opposition barely lift a leg
We drop 9 points = the opposition raise their game against us

We dropped daft points at home. So did they. It's football. That's what happens.

We're on course for around 92 or 93 points for the season, four points ahead at the top of the league, and people are still freaking out over a few daft dropped points. Dropped points happen.

You could easily argue that Hearts, Dundee United and especially Livingston have bailed us out this season so far because some of the points we have dropped have been ridiculous. So over the season so far we've gotten more favors from the other 10 than they have.

The dundee united that took 3 points from us? Im not panicking just yet but I think a lot of our fans have their heads in the sand when it comes to them “beating the dundee utds” etc. We keep saying they’ll drop points away here, there and everywhere and they seem to be dropping less and less.
I don't think anyone was expecting us to be 12 points clear in December mate, well not that I know of anyway. We are exactly where I expected us to be at this stage. It's the final third of the season I expect us to start pulling away. I'm certainly not dismissing them as they have certainly improved but like I said, that wouldn't be hard.

Let's just wait and see where we are come the end of January.

Anyone know what's going on in Germany? Monchengladbach getting pumped 6-0 at home by Freiburg after 30 odd mins! Weakened team or that?

Some folk on here...like a rejected burd walking around angry and bitter.
Haha how's that exactly? Is it bitter to think the guy was a wanker for the way he left through the back door in the middle of the night?

Can't quite work out that one tbh.

Not only does he look like something from the goonies, but McGinn actually runs like one of them as well.

He's already been at a bigger club, getting Villa into the European places is a harder task than getting Rangers back to winning the league.
Wolves and West Ham have qualified for Europe in recent seasons. It won't be easy but given the resources available to him it won't exactly be impossible.

Back