Sunday EPL Football

Got a feeling the bookies might have raked in a fair bit of cash, quite a few were tipping Leicester at 3/1.

@WinkieWATP did you make a donation of the sort?.

thought Liverpool would have been dropping points tonight so more than happy with how it turned out, as others have said, Jota is looking like a very fine piece of business, and good for firmino to get back on the scoresheet,

thought Liverpool would have been dropping points tonight so more than happy with how it turned out, as others have said, Jota is looking like a very fine piece of business, and good for firmino to get back on the scoresheet,
A bit of luck in the injury stakes and a new centre back in January and they aren’t out of the title race.

I can never remember a side in England having so many injured (important) players at one go.

Shades of our title decider v the sheep.

Depleted Liverpool comfortably dispatch Leicester. They’ve got to be favourites for the title again.
I would say not, given the injuries but if they can get to January in the mix, then sign a centre back, then they have to be considered contenders.

I would say not, given the injuries but if they can get to January in the mix, then sign a centre back, then they have to be considered contenders.

I think they are. There aren’t any exceptional sides in the league right now so even with some injuries I still think Liverpool will be too good for the rest.

A bit of luck in the injury stakes and a new centre back in January and they aren’t out of the title race.

I can never remember a side in England having so many injured (important) players at one go.

Shades of our title decider v the sheep.
Your at it.

Wonder who they will go for, out with VVD Koulibally is the main one. Although, might be more beneficial to go for Upamecano.

I said the other day I actually see Spurs as their main challengers this season, Liverpool should be too strong for anyone IMO.

They are one of the top two contenders for the title and have been since the season commenced.

There will not be a bookies anywhere that does not have Liverpool as favourites or second favourites for the title. And it'll have been like that since last season, never mind every week of this season.

Of course they are contenders, whether they sign anyone or not.

I'm probably reading your posts wrongly.

I think they are. There aren’t any exceptional sides in the league right now so even with some injuries I still think Liverpool will be too good for the rest.
Yeah maybe but I think they could come unstuck in games they are expected to win due to the number of changes, reliance on a few key performers, still fit, to continue to deliver every week and the weird crowdless aspect, which seems to be throwing up weird results.

Hopefully Thiago comes in and stay fit, as he could be a big player, both in terms of creating and allowing them to control games and not allow sides the possession to get at the back four.

They are one of the top two contenders for the title and have been since the season commenced.

There will not be a bookies anywhere that does not have Liverpool as favourites or second favourites for the title. And it'll have been like that since last season, never mind every week of this season.

Of course they are contenders, whether they sign anyone or not.

I'm probably reading your posts wrongly.
Liverpool are my English team but the extent of the injury list worries me.

I agree.

But they are quite obviously contenders.
Much depends on the results between now and January. Contenders perhaps but at this stage with huge gaps in defence and the middle of the park, I would hold back on saying obviously.

They are missing 3 of their back 4 and their strongest midfield (Henderson, Thiago, Fabinho with Fabinho having to play at the back).

The front 4 are getting them through it at the moment. Can that be consistently be relied upon, in this squeezed season, with covid lurking?

Much depends on the results between now and January. Contenders perhaps but at this stage with huge gaps in defence and the middle of the park, I would hold back on saying obviously.

They are missing 3 of their back 4 and their strongest midfield (Henderson, Thiago, Fabinho with Fabinho having to play at the back).

The front 4 are getting them through it at the moment. Can that be consistently be relied upon, in this squeezed season, with covid lurking?
I get all that mate. I watch football. Liverpool are contenders for the EPL title; they may not win it. But they are certainly contenders lol.

Wonder who they will go for, out with VVD Koulibally is the main one. Although, might be more beneficial to go for Upamecano.

I said the other day I actually see Spurs as their main challengers this season, Liverpool should be too strong for anyone IMO.
I think they'll bring back Conor Coady from Wolves.

I get all that mate. I watch football. Liverpool are contenders for the EPL title; they may not win it. But they are certainly contenders lol.
Long way to go mate, we’ll see. They have so many injured players that one or two more could be disasterous. They are on a bit of a knife edge.

Long way to go mate, we’ll see. They have so many injured players that one or two more could be disasterous. They are on a bit of a knife edge.
Of course there's a long way to go, mate.

I'm not even saying Liverpool will win it.

I'm simply stating that Liverpool are contenders for the EPL title - as per last season, the current league table and every UK bookmakers title odds.

Again, I'm not saying Liverpool will win the league; Merely, that they are contenders.

Of course there's a long way to go.

I'm not even saying Liverpool will win it.

I'm simly stating that Liverpool are contenders for the EPL titles - as per last season, the current league table and every UK bookmakers title odds.

Again, I'm not saying Liverpool will win the league; Merely, that they are contenders.
Yeah ok mate, as things stand, I’ll give you that, perhaps they are although that status is very precarious. As a follower, you perhaps you tend to be always worried.

With Keita going off tonight, their options reduce yet further.

Hopefully he is not too bad and hopefully Thiago and Oxlade-Chamberlaine get back quickly.

Yeah ok mate, as things stand, I’ll give you that, perhaps they are although that status is very precarious. As a follower, you perhaps you tend to be always worried.

With Keita going off tonight, their options reduce yet further.

Hopefully he is not too bad and hopefully Thiago and Oxlade-Chamberlaine get back quickly.
Lol.

Still think your at it.

No stress, mate.

Enjoy your evening.

I think they'll bring back Conor Coady from Wolves.
I’m not sure to be honest, Coady is only really proven in a back three. It’s always a risk taking players from that & slotting them into a two.

He would replace VVD’s distribution though.

I still think it'll be between Liverpool and City for the title as the others are too inconsistent.

I think City are goosed mate. Couldn’t keep weans out a close and they haven’t replaced Aguero or Silva with players of adequate quality. Jesus isn’t firing any side to a league title.

Liverpool have best manager and squad. They look good. Chelsea and Spurs might challenge. I'd be surprised if City or Arsenal get near them.

Leicester are good at beating the EPL diddy teams but when they come up against an actual quality team they are taken apart far too regularly.

Pretty much sums up Brenda to be fair ...

Lol.

Still think your at it.

No stress, mate.

Enjoy your evening.

Mate, after the week I have i have had, honestly I am not at it, merely fearing the worst.

Last Monday, my daughter (5 yrs old) was sent home from school after a classmate tested positive for covid. Two weeks of her isolating and me homeschooling her.

Wednesday we lost twins at 12 weeks, having been through several months of ivf.

Friday, our house buyer (we were due to exchange 4th December and move from London to Glasgow) has pulled out, meaning our Glasgow purchase has also fallen through.

We will still move but all our hard work is down the drain and we will have to rent in Glasgow until we can sell down here.

Today, my daughter has shown signs of covid (temperature mainly) and we have taken her for a test.

2020 is a cuunt of a year. I am taking nothing for granted in life anymore.

Mate, after the week I have i have had, honestly I am not at it, merely fearing the worst.

Last Monday, my daughter (5 yrs old) was sent home from school after a classmate tested positive for covid. Two weeks of her isolating and me homeschooling her.

Friday, our house buyer (we were due to exchange 4th December and move from London to Glasgow) has pulled out, meaning our Glasgow purchase has also fallen through.

We will still move but all our hard work is down the drain and we will have to rent in Glasgow until we can sell down here.

Today, my daughter has shown signs of covid (temperature mainly) and we have taken her for a test.

That's brutal, mate.

Take care.

X.

Really hope things get better for you from here on in. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you and your family.

That's brutal, mate.

Take care.

X.
Cheers bud. It’s fuucking horrific and now we can’t even leave the house for fresh air to help our mental state. So fuucking tough.

Thankfully the Gers and Liverpool gave me some comfort today. Long may it continue.

Really hope things get better for you from here on in. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you and your family.
Thank you. It’s just horrendous. It would be a nightmare at the best of times but when you have to isolate and can’t leave the house, it’s like, how do you deal with it?!

Thankfully we are in a better situation to many, ie. we haven’t lost living (ie born) relatives and we can afford to rent in Glasgow and have our house here empty (far from ideal).

Thank you. It’s just horrendous. It would be a nightmare at the best of times but when you have to isolate and can’t leave the house, it’s like, how do you deal with it?!

Thankfully we are in a better situation to many, ie. we haven’t lost living (ie born) relatives and we can afford to rent in Glasgow and have our house here empty (far from ideal).

I know, I really don’t envy you I’ve found it tough having to shield and keep depression in check while I’m sitting doing very little, and of course thats nothing compared to what you and your wife have been through.

Can’t even begin to imagine how painful it is but I do know that people overcome these horrible moments in life and I’m sure your family will be no different. And if you can deal with that sort of heartbreak you can cope with anything. Best wishes mate.

Still think there’s more to come from Chelsea, not saying they’ll win it, but they’ll certainly be there or thereabouts. Teams will ignore them at their peril

Still think there’s more to come from Chelsea, not saying they’ll win it, but they’ll certainly be there or thereabouts. Teams will ignore them at their peril
The fact that all sides will drop points and no-one will escape covid opens the opportunity up.

I would rather anyone won it than Mourinho’s defensive Spurs though.

I would favour sides that have a go. Spurs are a keeper, 8 cloggers, Kane and Son.

The fact that all sides will drop points and no-one will escape covid opens the opportunity up.

I would rather anyone won it than Mourinho’s defensive Spurs though.

I would favour sides that have a go. Spurs are a keeper, 8 cloggers, Kane and Son.
It’s weird with Spurs, last season it was defensive turgid shite. This year (I haven’t watched them a lot to be honest) they average 3 goals a game, which would suggest they aren’t overly defensive.

Then again, it could be a bit like Rangers circa 96 where it was “get the ball to Brian & Paul” with the two you mentioned.

It’s weird with Spurs, last season it was defensive turgid shite. This year (I haven’t watched them a lot to be honest) they average 3 goals a game, which would suggest they aren’t overly defensive.

Then again, it could be a bit like Rangers circa 96 where it was “get the ball to Brian & Paul” with the two you mentioned.
I think they have been quite ruthless with the chances they have had. They seem a typical Mourinho side where physicality and defensive organisation are the bulk of the gameplan.

I think they have been quite ruthless with the chances they have had. They seem a typical Mourinho side where physicality and defensive organisation are the bulk of the gameplan.
Fair play to him if he’s getting the likes of Harry Winks & Dier to a decent standard :))

Back