Official Sunday football - Updates & Discussion

We won 11 league games by 1 goal last year, they drew 11 games.

Only takes a few goals less in key games for us and a few more in key games for them and 25 points becomes a a title race.

Today means nothing ultimately, but maybe a few folk will start to realise they aren't dead and we won't walk to titles unless we earn it.

Last edited:
Another game with no yellow cards for them. Shock horror.
well considering the bastards mauled them all game, it was a complete different side that played against hearts, i think 30 + shots to dundees 3, that japanese kid looks a real deal.

anyways it's what we do at the end of the day is all that matters but right now we're playing like shite and if it continues on tuesday night then the fans will let them know big time.

Reactions: dmg
Would septic have beaten a Dundee United side as strong as they were yesterday?
Stupid question, isn’t it.
Yes.

I can only recall one win for them against the scum this century. (Darren Dods)

Against us they run about like maniacs. Very similar to the sheep.

Not that I'm excusing our players. They were appalling.

No denying it's a good result for them today and by all accounts a good performance(didn't see the game) but this is a game they should be winning 100 times out of 100. They gave Hamilton a heavy defeat early last season and Ajeti came in and started like a house on fire before turning out to be absolutely shite so i'm quite happy for them to get excited about their new winger/striker in these circumstances. He could go on to do well for them but at this point, we don't know either way.

I do think we need to make a statement against them at the end of the month. Don't expect we'll drop points at Ross County so likely to go into that level on points. If we can go into that game fresh off the back of CL qualification and in a bit of form i'd fancy us massively.

Last couple of days is a wake up call that this might not be the walk in the park that we thought it might but we're still clear favourites. Just need to look after ourselves.

We won 11 league games by 1 league goal last year, they drew 11 games.

Only takes a few goals less in key games for us and a few more in key games for them and 25 points becomes a a title race.

Today means nothing ultimately, but maybe a few folk will start to realise they aren't dead and we won't walk to titles unless we earn it.
This is so true. Last season is in the history books. Time to forget it and move on. We need the hard work to repeat the success. Haven’t seen it yet from the players.

Metz have fucked it. 3-3 why didn’t they just go to the corner flag instead of trying to score with ten seconds of injury time left. Shades of us v benfica last season.

any title we win from now on will be a war of attrition because it’s us against the rest of Scottish football while teams lie down and get butt fcked by them at the piggery . It’s been that way for years which is why it was a massive monumental shock when st Mirren beat them at the piggery last season . I think it was the first league game they had lost at home except against us for 4 years . Crazy . Even with them being a bombscare last season they didn’t lose many games . Teams have admitted they go there and just accept they will lose and even rest players for more “ winnable “ games in the coming days . What an attitude but there we have it .

Watched first 80 mins of their game. Christie ran the show, they couldn't get near him. Tbf, he was excellent, hopefully gone soon. Also didn't play a defensive mid, McGregor, Rogic, Turnbull were the 3. Kyogo scored 3, all very well taken, and really should've scored five as also missed a sitter and had one cleared off the line. It was his workrate that caught my eye though, he never stopped and will give our back 4 a decent workout. Defensively they weren't tested at all but they will get caught playing out from the back as they don't half take risks when doing it. Starfelt looked slow and uncertain on the very few occasions he was tested. Dundee were really open and looked very slow, zero pace in every area. They also didn't press well, 2 or 3 at a time closing down so out of position as the rest all dropped deep, making them far too easy to play around and through. If we let them play they will cause the defence problems but they still look very shaky at the back and have little depth to the squad. They are far more direct than we are though, will need to defend counters properly. Dundee were exceptionally poor though, they neither fully pressed high or sat deep as a solid unit.
If, and it's a big if, they play that defence against us we must get at them to take advantage of it. Starfelt looks ordinary, Welsh, Taylor & Ralston are definitely ordinary. Hart is hopefully still a blunder merchant.

And?

I watched a bit of it and didn't see anything that merited a booking. Dundee on the other hand got away with a few shockers.
McGregor should have been booked for delibrately hauling back the Dundee player.

And there was very little in the Dundee tackles,were you listening to Hartson by chance ?

So celtic won today and got a penalty and a dundee player was sent off? Take it the ref wasn't a cheating hun then??

It's their week just like last weekend was ours and we just need to deal with it, move on and start playing well again.

It was their arrogance of thinking all they had to do was show up last season that fuked them so for me it's one game at a time, we have a much stronger squad we just need to wait for the team to click and there is no better game to make that happen than Tuesday.

At the end of the month we will have our chance to put them in our place and I'm extremely confident we will.

Last edited:
And?

I watched a bit of it and didn't see anything that merited a booking. Dundee on the other hand got away with a few shockers.
Yeah your probably spot on mate. Nothing dodgy about celtic going game after game without a single booking. Just a coincidence they normally finish most seasons with the least yellow and red cards.

Yes.

I can only recall one win for them against the scum this century. (Darren Dods)

Against us they run about like maniacs. Very similar to the sheep.

Not that I'm excusing our players. They were appalling.
So, they wouldn’t have been so strong?
By the way, it was a 0-0 draw up there only last season.
Maybe United weren’t so intense, maybe septic didn’t want a win that’s have allowed us to go to Paradump the following week to win the title.
Either way, or any way, this comparing games and performances after two weeks is madness but, very expected of the negative element of our support.

It's their week just like last weekend was ours and we just need to deal with it, move on and start playing well again.

It was their arrogance of thinking all they had to do was show up last season that fuked them so for me it's one game at a time, we have a much stronger squad we just need to wait for the team to click and there is no better game to make that happen than Tuesday.

At the end of the month we will have our chance to put them in our place and I'm extremely confident we will.
Always, always, always.

They romped to a 6-0 victory FFS moaning about them not getting a booking during that is absolutely bizarre.
The rules around here are simple if they win a game:

- The opponents are shite
- The opponents are also deliberately not trying because they’re Rangers haters and want Celtic to win the league enough to throw games
- The ref is cheating to their benefit
- Any suggestion they are actually decent or just won on merit equates to being a closet dhim or a pantywetter

Learn them and respect them… or else! Right!?

No place for common sense here. They're either pish or you're a fear mongerer. No middle ground.

Yeah your probably spot on mate. Nothing dodgy about celtic going game after game without a single booking. Just a coincidence they normally finish most seasons with the least yellow and red cards.
They also got a perfectly good goal chopped off last week. How does that fit in with the pro-THEM conspiracy theory?

Really worried now.

Am I f.uck!!

Not worried either but also never ever thought this season would be the cakewalk many believed it would be.

We've started poorly but hopefully the last two games will have the players realising nothing will be won if we don't have the right attitude and desire in each game.

Learn that lesson and I expect us to be in the CL playoff tie come Tuesday evening. If not then I will be worried.

Scum fans saying the Japanese they’ve signed is going to be better Larson.
:)
Easy now! The GlasgowUniRSC will have you banned from Ibrox for that contraction.

(Although I am sure that you are fine as their clumsy handling of academic race theory doesn't stretch further than what Facebook tells them).

Last edited:
After this weekend’s results, I certainly wouldn’t say that I am worried. All eyes are on Tuesday though. It makes or breaks our season.
Not make or break but it's time for a rethink if we are beaten handily. It's all in our hands, but needs improvement.

6-0 and a hat trick for their new striker.

They keep this going into the old firm game and there’s a potential that they will be going into it on a high.

We need to smash those flat pack fucks on Tuesday and destroy Ross County in the league to get into the groove ourselves.

6-0 and a hat trick for their new striker.

They keep this going into the old firm game and there’s a potential that they will be going into it on a high.

We need to smash those flat pack fucks on Tuesday and destroy Ross County in the league to get into the groove ourselves.
This did make me laugh.

(and I largely agree with the rest of you post - 2 decisive wins in the next 2 days, and all this malaise will be forgotten hopefully)

So, they wouldn’t have been so strong?
By the way, it was a 0-0 draw up there only last season.
Maybe United weren’t so intense, maybe septic didn’t want a win that’s have allowed us to go to Paradump the following week to win the title.
Either way, or any way, this comparing games and performances after two weeks is madness but, very expected of the negative element of our support.
In the 80s United were good against them, less good against us.

Think the last player to score a winner at the piggery may have been Duncan Ferguson, under Jim McLean.

Seen them turn in some cracking performances against us. Came to Ibrox and turning in some great performances. Barry Robson's winner & the 3-3 when Tommo equalised with a 20-yarder in the last minute spring to mind. Knocked us out of the cup up there, beat us a few times, and then there's the one where they were very unfortunate to lose an equaliser right at the end when I thought Klos had scored but it was in fact that nightmare Hamed Namouchi who got it.

Night and day against us and them, just like the next mob up the coast.

However it's up to us to deal with that different attitude that Abergreen & Dundee Hibs possess when facing us.

Last edited:
Abergreen's winner was basically this, except cutting in from opposite side of the park.

As much as the mentally challengeds are on a high today and are all raving about the new Japanese boy im still confident we have the better squad and better management team.

Yesterday has given everyone associated with the club a reality check hopefully that as good as we where last season in the league we still need to improve. That will not be lost on the manager or the like of Ross Wilson.

Tuesday is massive for us now. If the gaffer can steer us through these qualifiers into the group stage then he will be able to add a bit of extra qaulity to the starting 11.

Let's just get behind the team as much as we can as the last thing they need is the fans getting on their backs at a packed Ibrox. Our fans are the most loyal in the World but sometimes we can be detrimental to our team when the boo boys start getting on players backs. Let's roar the team to a victory on Tuesday night and save the boos for Malmo.

Our lads deserve the biggest cheers of their lives after what they delivered last season for us!!

Ffs they beat a pisspoor dundee team at home and suddenly they are world beaters and big ange is a hero according to that mob all over twitter , cant wait to scud them
Exactly mate. They have won 2 games,yes 2 fukn games against piss poor opposition.
My prediction is within 6 weeks we will be sitting top of the table having scudded the filth and in the champions league group stage.
Big fukn deal, they beat JABLONEC and DUNDEE.
They beat Hamilton 5-1 this time last year and look what happened.
We are miles ahead of them with players and staff.
All bears need to get the confidence up,this will be a great season again!

They also got a perfectly good goal chopped off last week. How does that fit in with the pro-THEM conspiracy theory?
His shoulder was offside in the still I saw, looked like a very close but correct call to me. It could have gone either way without too much complaint though as it wasn't as obvious as the 3 guys, including the scorer, clearly standing offside as the ball came in during the cup final, for example. Think him pointing to where he wanted it sealed it for the lino as his hand and arm were well behind the defender and would've been what he saw and called it on. Was very tight though.

His shoulder was offside in the still I saw, looked like a very close but correct call to me. It could have gone either way without too much complaint though as it wasn't as obvious as the 3 guys, including the scorer, clearly standing offside as the ball came in during the cup final, for example. Think him pointing to where he wanted it sealed it for the lino as his hand and arm were well behind the defender and would've been what he saw and called it on. Was very tight though.
Mate don't waste your time, the guy is just at it.

Back