Sunday football

Judging be some of the keepers in Scotland this season we just need to hit the target.

Nah, you are discounting the ‘transformation into prime Dino Zoff’ all these jobber keepers undergo when they play against us.

Chuck goals in against that lot of course.

Can we even debate the standard is lower than ever . It’s not even a debate . In the last 6 seasons we have had an invincible season each and they won 4 trebles. Both those events used to be rare. There was 10 trebles in the 120 years previous and only 2 invincible seasons before their Rodgers one. It’s not a debate. The gap between the old firm and the rest is the biggest ever

Posters always claiming these teams lie down against Celtic etc. They don’t, Celtic go all out attack against the dross and it works. Usually seeing them score early and be a couple ahead by halftime. It doesn’t work for them in Europe but works against the shite in our league.

We spend far too much time passing back and sideways which allows them to get 10 men behind the ball. We need to be far more direct and quicker getting the ball forward in these games.

Outwith us, the only teams I can see them dropping points to this season are Livi away and Hearts away.

This in a nutshell

The fat man’s style is perfect for winning this thing.

Hard to take tbh

The rest of the SPFL hasn't been as bad as this ever.

I don't see us or them dropping anymore than 4 points each against the rest of the league this season.
I don’t think both teams will win all the rest of the games and once both teams are playing in European group stages that’s when you might see the odd point dropped here or there.as it’s ever been in a tight league race and stating the bleeding obvious,it’s who will drop the least amount of points out with the four games v them.last season in league we won two and they won two and our downfall was dropping to many points from winning positions.

This in a nutshell

The fat man’s style is perfect for winning this thing.

Hard to take tbh
It’s so annoying that something so simple is the perfect system to winning our league. They don’t even have to defend cos they score 3/4. Hrs not even a good manager he’s prob a English championship level manager

Can we even debate the standard is lower than ever . It’s not even a debate . In the last 6 seasons we have had an invincible season each and they won 4 trebles. Both those events used to be rare. There was 10 trebles in the 120 years previous and only 2 invincible seasons before their Rodgers one. It’s not a debate. The gap between the old firm and the rest is the biggest ever

Even the teams with bigger budgets have become increasingly shambolic, Aberdeen were atrocious last season (and yes I’m aware we chucked a good few points away to them) and Hibs look like they’ll be lucky to finish top 6 again this season.

It’s an absolutely rotten league and the standard is getting worse every year.

See how the rats squad copes when have to play 2 games a week for 2 months. As for the game Killie keeper sold the game and their final ball when had time at 1-0 was pathetic, teams bit better than killie won’t make same errors

When European football kicks off in earnest we will see a truer indication of how the beggars play.
They know they're not European level. I think even their fans know that. They're happy about the money but they really need a few seasons in that conference league to learn to compete in Europe. They'll be cannon fodder in that CL

They aren't great tactically, it's not genius. It's simply doing the right thing and showing these teams absolutely no respect.

Both old firm teams have 22-25 players who would be the best player in the opposition team. We should be hammering them every week. They've realised that, and do it. We will hopefully start to do it a bit more.

Their test will be in Europe when the players are of a similar, or higher standard to them.

Posters always claiming these teams lie down against Celtic etc. They don’t, Celtic go all out attack against the dross and it works. Usually seeing them score early and be a couple ahead by halftime. It doesn’t work for them in Europe but works against the shite in our league.

We spend far too much time passing back and sideways which allows them to get 10 men behind the ball. We need to be far more direct and quicker getting the ball forward in these games.

Outwith us, the only teams I can see them dropping points to this season are Livi away and Hearts away.
100% correct.

3-0 at half time ? Glad I decided to do my shopping before Something resembling proper football starts
It’s an utter redneck of a “league” now.

At least in the past despite the old firm having the monopoly we had genuine hope that maybe they’d drop points somewhere. It’s at the point you’d be as well just playing four old firm games and announcing the winner.

The league will be tight but I fancy us to.win the head to heads v them this season.
If we were to lose the league it will be down to stupid draws against some of the dross like last season. If we manage to cut that out we will be fine.

Nottingham Forest: Dean Henderson, Neco Williams, Joe Worrall, Scott McKenna, Orel Mangala, Harry Toffolo, Lewis O'Brien, Moussa Niakhate, Brennan Johnson, Jesse Lingard, Taiwo Awoniyi.

Subs: Wayne Hennessey, Giulian Alexis Andre Biancone, Steve Cook, Loic Mbe Soh, Sam Surridge, Alex Mighten, Cafu, Lyle Taylor, Oliver Hammond.

West Ham: Lukasz Fabianski, Vladimir Coufal, Ben Johnson, Kurt Zouma, Aaron Cresswell, Pablo Fornals, Tomas Soucek, Declan Rice, Said Benrahma, Jarrod Bowen, Michail Antonio.

Subs: Alphonse Areola, Darren Randolph, Gianluca Scamacca, Manuel Lanzini, Flynn Downes, Maxwel Cornet, Conor Coventry, Harrison Ashby.

At least in the past despite the old firm having the monopoly we had genuine hope that maybe they’d drop points somewhere. It’s at the point you’d be as well just playing four old firm games and announcing the winner.

Look I know it’s considered “paranoid” by some but there’s no way we’re 3-0 up in the first half ar Kilmarnock. No way do they fold like that.

So what is it ? Either Celtic are devastatingly better than us or the application from opponents is higher against Rangers

The league this season was always going to come down to the games between us and them.

Let’s not start pishing our frilly knickers and have a bit of faith in Gio and the players;)

The problem with that is we still look like we could drop points in some away games. We'll probably need to beat them 7-4 in the old firms to win the league.

I think they have been better at racking up goals against the rest of the teams which mean they don’t have as many edgy games like we had last year that ended in dropped points.
We need to be more aggressive in that respect but it definitely feels like we have more of a goal threat this year without being reliant on Alfie so hopefully we won’t see that be a factor this season.

I do think that when they start playing CL games and getting torn apart we’ll see what they’re really made of.

Look I know it’s considered “paranoid” by some but there’s no way we’re 3-0 up in the first half ar Kilmarnock. No way do they fold like that.

So what is it ? Either Celtic are devastatingly better than us or the application from opponents is higher against Rangers
We show them too much respect. They play against them like it's a 7 a side game down the park, which is the right way to do it.

Time for Derek McInness to use his tactical genius to go on the attack and seal a 4-3 comeback. You heard it here first.

They know they're not European level. I think even their fans know that. They're happy about the money but they really need a few seasons in that conference league to learn to compete in Europe. They'll be cannon fodder in that CL
It might sound weird but I genuinely don’t think there fans care about Europe. Sure if they do well they celebrate but there whole existence is about being better than us . It’s all they care about . It’s so different to us where we want to grow on the European stage .

I think they have been better at racking up goals against the rest of the teams which mean they don’t have as many edgy games like we had last year that ended in dropped points.
We need to be more aggressive in that respect but it definitely feels like we have more of a goal threat this year without being reliant on Alfie so hopefully we won’t see that be a factor this season.

I do think that when they start playing CL games and getting torn apart we’ll see what they’re really made of.
When we score the first we need to really push for more. Sometimes we slow the tempo after we score which in the past has resulted in late equalisers against us. Also need to think of goal difference as the league will be tight again this year.

We would be 3-0 if we played at the tempo they play it rather than passing the ball between our centre backs and then passing to a defensive mid who then then plays a side wards pass. While this is happening the opposition get into there 10 behind the ball . They arnt better than us at all. Infact I still fancy us to beat them or at least draw at parkhead. Think most of us realise though there style is absolutely the way to play against the other 10 teams in the league. We don’t need 2 sitting midfielders it has to stop

The Forest squad is pretty mental. Their transfer window has been all over the place.

Will be interested to see how they do.

Nottingham Forest: Dean Henderson, Neco Williams, Joe Worrall, Scott McKenna, Orel Mangala, Harry Toffolo, Lewis O'Brien, Moussa Niakhate, Brennan Johnson, Jesse Lingard, Taiwo Awoniyi.

Subs: Wayne Hennessey, Giulian Alexis Andre Biancone, Steve Cook, Loic Mbe Soh, Sam Surridge, Alex Mighten, Cafu, Lyle Taylor, Oliver Hammond.

West Ham: Lukasz Fabianski, Vladimir Coufal, Ben Johnson, Kurt Zouma, Aaron Cresswell, Pablo Fornals, Tomas Soucek, Declan Rice, Said Benrahma, Jarrod Bowen, Michail Antonio.

Subs: Alphonse Areola, Darren Randolph, Gianluca Scamacca, Manuel Lanzini, Flynn Downes, Maxwel Cornet, Conor Coventry, Harrison Ashby.
The return of Jlingz

We show them too much respect. They play against them like it's a 7 a side game down the park, which is the right way to do it.

We would be 3-0 if we played at the tempo they play it rather than passing the ball between our centre backs and then passing to a defensive mid who then then plays a side wards pass. While this is happening the opposition get into there 10 behind the ball . They arnt better than us at all. Infact I still fancy us to beat them or at least draw at parkhead. Think most of us realise though there style is absolutely the way to play against the other 10 teams in the league. We don’t need 2 sitting midfielders it has to stop

So they are “better” than us. They play it the right way and we don’t?

Their manager approaches these games correctly and ours doesn’t?

If all that is true, then the view that we have better quality personnel is unlikely to deliver us the title, because even in a “good season”, you’re getting 7 points from the old firm games.

That might not be enough if we cant dispose of the others as effectively

Kyogo asks his barber for a Victoria Wood

91-Li2zvfYL.jpg

There are always two certainties regarding matches involving Celtic.

1. Jock Tamson FC will brick it everytime.

2. If the Filth get even one yellow card, it will be a token gesture with 2 minutes to go and them five goals up.

Worrall and McKenna are an EPL CB partnership….. just let that sink in

Back