Sunday football

So they are “better” than us. They play it the right way and we don’t?

Their manager approaches these games correctly and ours doesn’t?

If all that is true, then the view that we have better quality personnel is unlikely to deliver us the title, because even in a “good season”, you’re getting 7 points from the old firm games.

That might not be enough if we cant dispose of the others as effectively
No there not but I’d anyone gonna deny that 2 sitting midfielders against the other 10 in the league is unnecessary

Kyogo asks his barber for a Victoria Wood

91-Li2zvfYL.jpg
Victoria is more robust when challenged

Wonder when he gets up off the barbers chair if he trips over the seat, rolls around the ground for five minutes ,then gets up and starts to pick up any litter laying around the place.

They most certainly are not.

But, they are up for it v these shite teams week in week out where as we occasionally turn and don't look interested. Vast majority of these games we'll win comfortably it's just needing to stay focused for the length of the season that'll be the rest.
This was our problem last season. OF games were pretty even overall, with the exception of the first half of the 3-0 game. Our problem last season wasn't our performances against Celtic, it was absurd dropped points against everyone else.

They had a bad start to the season but gained the momentum and didn't let up. We fücked it.

This season will be interesting, I think our transfers have definitely improved our squad which is promising.

They aren't great tactically, it's not genius. It's simply doing the right thing and showing these teams absolutely no respect.

Both old firm teams have 22-25 players who would be the best player in the opposition team. We should be hammering them every week. They've realised that, and do it. We will hopefully start to do it a bit more.

Their test will be in Europe when the players are of a similar, or higher standard to them.
And when VAR is in operation. The two Japanese are scoring goals weekly from off side positions and getting away with it.

Their first goal today looked off side when Japanese two Maeda receives the ball before passing to Japanese one who scores .

And when VAR is in operation. The two Japanese are scoring goals weekly from off side positions and getting away with it.

Their first goal today looked off side when Japanese two Maeda receives the ball before passing to Japanese one who scores .
We won’t get var till about October is my prediction. We were told week 2 or 3 well this is week 3 and nothing . If I was a betting man I would stick 20 quid on var starting the 1st October after the international break when we of course need to go to tynecastle

The Forest squad is pretty mental. Their transfer window has been all over the place.

Will be interested to see how they do.
Reminds me of QPR 2013 - 2015

Scattergun approach. Probably won’t work. Will get relegated and have a massive wage bill to deal with, probably sending them back to oblivion for another few decades

No there not but I’d anyone gonna deny that 2 sitting midfielders against the other 10 in the league is unnecessary

We’ve seldom had the sort of gung ho attacking approach to games from our managers.

Maybe Warburton in the championship but that wouldn’t translate to the top league due to the personnel

Even under Gerrard and Walter’s successes, solidity was the order of the day.

Killei wide open today, while last week they spent 70 minutes with Kyle Lafferty pretty much playing as a defender.
Most weeks the criticism on here is that teams sit back against Glasgow Hibs and the better course is to get out and press them.

FWIW I think Killie have actually played okay but been undone by some comedy defending for goals 2 and 3 and a lack of a proper creative player out wide when they get forward. A better SPL side than Killie (say Hearts/ Livi) playing this way would cause Glasgow Hibs serious problems.

Ref in their game is certainly one to keep an eye on. Also the brazen/open sectarian abuse of lafferty is pretty insane.

Kilmarnock been much better this second half. Unfortunately the game was done by halftime

We’ve seldom had the sort of gung ho attacking approach to games from our managers.

Maybe Warburton in the championship but that wouldn’t translate to the top league due to the personnel

They brought him in knowing his mindset and plan would work domestically big time. Scottish sides generally just don’t have the quality to do anything with the space they leave at the back.

They are wide open and it’s shown in europe but not against SPL dross.

Kilmarnock been much better this second half. Unfortunately the game was done by halftime

Same old story of them being 3-0 up at half time then winning like 3-1 ?

We saw that or like or 9 away games from them last season

They brought him in knowing his mindset and plan would work domestically big time. Scottish sides generally just don’t have the quality to do anything with the space they leave at the back.

They are wide open and it’s shown in europe but not against SPL dross.

I think you give their planning and expectations of what he’d be implementing too much credit.

I think they thought “oh shite Howes turned us down….aye that fat guy will do”, and lucked into it

Just in time for them playing the harder away matches.
Ross county away/ Killie away on that pitch are reasonably difficult imo.

Surely VAR should apply for the whole of the season or none of the season. We will see the same tackle/ decision given different ways 2 weeks in a row, one with VAR one without. Knowing the SFA it'll be shambolic when it's brought in#

Same old story of them being 3-0 up at half time then winning like 3-1 ?

We saw that or like or 9 away games from them last season
They go all out and hope to have the game done by halftime then slow down or tire in the second half.

We are the opposite and seem to start slow get a goal up then maybe add another couple late on. Yesterdays game was the perfect example of that.

We need to evolve. The quality of the league is the worst it's been. Every team bar the enablers are 10 defenders. 2 holding midfielders is 2 attacking options removed. It's guile we need to break down these dumplings.

We need to evolve. The quality of the league is the worst it's been. Every team bar the enablers are 10 defenders. 2 holding midfielders is 2 attacking options removed. It's guile we need to break down these dumplings.
In most of our league games our front 6 should be

Lundstram
Tillman
Lawrence
Matondo
Colak/Alfie
Kent

Obv rotation but it should be like got like e.g jack for lundstrum and arfield for tillman , Lowry/hagi for Lawrence

I think you give their planning and expectations of what he’d be implementing too much credit.

I think they thought “oh shite Howes turned us down….aye that fat guy will do”, and lucked into it
That’s exactly what happened. Panicked when Howe knocked them back and went to the City Group connection for a Manager.

Yet another goalkeeping error punished v Glasgow Hibs.

Our insistence on trying to create perfect openings deprives us a barrow load of freebies from some absolute comedy goalkeepers in the bottom half of this league if you just get a volume of shots on target and players in the vicinity to benefit from the inevitable handling error.

Back