Sunday football

I’ve watched the mentally challenged game just to see what we’re up against this season and unfortunately they look decent. We are going to have to get 90+ points this season if we are going to win this league.

The one thing the mentally challengeds do much better than us is attack at pace. They are also better than us at picking up loose balls around the edge of both penalty areas.

A couple of things I’ve noticed though are that there is no way Killie are playing with the same commitment as they did v us last week.

The other thing, and I think it’s quite a big issue, is that their game flows much better than ours. The referee doesn’t blow for a free kick every time a Killie player throws themselves to the ground and then allows them to waste 30/45 seconds every time.
Its up to us to not give away loose balls
Deek has never put up a fight against them the way he has against us

Looking forward to West Ham game, weirdly.

Interested to see how Worrall and Awiyoni (spelling) hold up in the Prem.

100% nailed it

This could easily go down to goal difference - like the 02/03 season when we beat them to it on the final day

We need to release the shackles. The rest of the SPFL is garbage. There’s no need to be so wary of any attacking threat
The league is not going to be decided on goal difference. It’s been decided on goal difference 2 times ever, so the odds on it ending that way are massive. It will end with one team having more points than the other. Can’t believe people are already starting to talk about them scoring more goals than us and we are 3 games into the season.

They attack well, but they are shite at the back and their midfield have nothing on ours - Killie have been stand off since the first whistle when they need to press them.

They also get a lot of the 50/50 decisions from the ref, this is something we rarely see for us, and teams don't seem to face them with enthusiasm (hatred) like they do when they play Rangers.

I am genuinely confident we can take all points in the OF games this season.
I'd say most of the hammer throwers in the league are bheggars. I'm not suggesting they don't try against Glasgow Hibs but they don't seem to be trying to break their legs with every tackle. Donnelly and Power today are a good example. Those two are about as macho as Jota today whilst last week they're wiping blood and snotters out of their beards.

They’re generally taking 4 and 5 off teams pretty often. We occasionally do it, hence the 21 GD between us and them last year.
Hopefully we’ve addressed that this year and things are different
We haven't. Our general slow build up play vs their "getting it into the box as many times as possible" approach will mean they will score many more than us this season I reckon.

The league is not going to be decided on goal difference. It’s been decided on goal difference 2 times ever, so the odds on it ending that way are massive. It will end with one team having more points than the other. Can’t believe people are already starting to talk about them scoring more goals than us and we are 3 games into the season.
Think posters are more looking for us to be 3-0 up at half time against the dross. Games done. 5 subs on. Squad maintains freshness, and no chance like last season, of losing late equalisers etc.

What's this mate? Don't watch them so more info please.
Constant chant they do just over and over “ Orange……..bastard……” on repeat

Macinnes treated to the “ sad orange bastard” song at the end to the tune of daydream believer

Vile

Even if it doesn’t conclude by GD, having a superior goal difference is important because it (1) has a psychological boost given it’s effectively worth an extra point (2) a superior GD comes from playing better, scoring more and/or conceding much less, so more likely to generate confidence in the team

There’s literally no downside to getting the GD as high as possible

I'd say most of the hammer throwers in the league are bheggars. I'm not suggesting they don't try against Glasgow Hibs but they don't seem to be trying to break their legs with every tackle. Donnelly and Power today are a good example. Those two are about as macho as Jota today whilst last week they're wiping blood and snotters out of their beards.
I'm suggesting they don't try as hard...

3 things is a list yes.

Their game flows better, they pick up loose balls better and they attack with pace better.

It's your opinion it's just a bit grating listening to it.

Remember the last couple of games v them we beat them and should have won at Parkhead.

The game flow comment was clearly a criticism of the differing refereeing standards that we face.

It’s grating to hear me say they do two things better than us?

I think we are better than them overall but the two teams are built differently. I think we’re much more suited to European style games and they are much more suited to beating the cannon fodder in the league.

I noticed the same about Power, within a couple of minutes at Ibrox, he had flown into a challenge - nothing like that today.

That was the initial thought. Considering we spent 4 years out with the top league as well
Also, it's the first time the beggars have been 3 or more up in the first half at rugby park since 2012. So we done it 2011, them in 2012. And they've played more games there than us. Think you are being paranoid

Weird seeing a team in the top leagues without a sponsor. Nottingham Forrest without one until they find one.

Looks so much better.

Also, it's the first time since the beggars have been 3 or more up in the first half at rugby park since 2012. So we done it 2011, them in 2012. And they've played more games there than us. Think you are being paranoid

If you want to get into semantics they were 3-0 up in the first half at Motherwell, Hibs and Aberdeen last season.

I’m still saying we win the league, but it’s completely disingenuous to say they don’t tend to blow teams away in away games more than we do.

And yes, I know we picked up more away points than them last season before you say that

I’ve watched the mentally challenged game just to see what we’re up against this season and unfortunately they look decent. We are going to have to get 90+ points this season if we are going to win this league.

The one thing the mentally challengeds do much better than us is attack at pace. They are also better than us at picking up loose balls around the edge of both penalty areas.

A couple of things I’ve noticed though are that there is no way Killie are playing with the same commitment as they did v us last week.

The other thing, and I think it’s quite a big issue, is that their game flows much better than ours. The referee doesn’t blow for a free kick every time a Killie player throws themselves to the ground and then allows them to waste 30/45 seconds every time.
Celtics games are more similar to Dutch football or even the ladies game where there is far less aggression and the ref is always ready with cards to punish these sides. Folk keep saying Killie or whoever dont care its bollocks ofcourse they care and want to win but they are clearly well warned by their manager to watch the discipline and even today Kiliie picked up a number of cards without really making a bad tackle.

This obviously helps Celtic find more space and play their passing game.

You will see the same guys doing one of our games and letting as much go as possible.

What these refs are doing is pretty shocking and it is quite incredible the way so many continue to make excuses for them.

Back