Sunday's English football

Good finish but I’ll never understand the gushing over goals like that. It’s basically because of the distance but when you look where the keeper is, he’s basically got an open goal, as long as he gets a bit of height on it and doesn’t horribly misdirect it he’s scored.
This. Distance doesn’t mean quality.

The Southampton manager has done well to turn things around. Not many managers would have been in a job the morning after they got pumped 9-0.

Now sure how City didn’t score there.

Should have been a penalty. Fernandinho's shot is stopped by Romeu's hand it's clear on the side angle of the replay not sure how VAR didn't pick it up. Ball is off the ground when its hit then goes into the ground after it hits Romeu on the hand.

City still haven’t scored. Poor finishing and great defending

Southampton showing a well organised 4-4-2 can still be effective.

I don't know the biggest winning margin in the English top league, but Liverpool are 23 points clear unless City score late.

Enjoyed that game much better than that pathetic garbage served up between Watford & Chelsea both intent on diving about for the least wee thing tonight's ref was much stronger in a game that was physical but fair & most players set out to make tonight's game a competitive contest more watchable minus the previous nights theatrics.

Last edited:
Morelos?? Would offer more in games like tonight’s for sure.

Morelos has a long way to go before he’s City standard. Jesus is just far too wasteful though, very few will be as ruthless as Agüero, but you certainly have to be far more clinical than he is.

On another day City win that 3/4-1. Not a fan of Zinchencko and the right back didn’t look to clever either.

Won over £300 on today’s games. Had £3 left in my account.
Called the two draws and Liverpool and was just waiting on Southampton.
Resisted the urge to cash out for 130!

I wonder how long this 'taking the knee' is going to go on for. Surely it's run its course now.

Palace already distancing themselves from it.

People are slowly waking up to the reality of this organisation. I wonder if all those deemed "far right bigots" for opposing them will get apologies. I wont hold my breath.

Back