Sunday's English football

JayDee

TV games:

Wolves v Everton 12:00 Sky One / Sky Sports Premier League / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD / Pick

Stoke City v Birmingham City (Championship) 13:30 Sky Sports Football

Aston Villa v Crystal Palace 14:15 Sky Sports Premier League / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD

Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal 16:30 Sky Sports Premier League / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD

AFC Bournemouth v Leicester City 19:00 Sky One / Sky Sports Premier League / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD / Pick.

Podence looking brilliant in this game, completely forgot Wolves signed him he has hardly kicked a ball for them.

17 million he cost

Young guy comes on for Everton at HT, gives away a free kick after a few seconds then his man scores from the ball swung in from it. Impressive.

Pedro Neto for Wolves is a decent player, that's a great free kick delivery for Wolves 2nd there.

Everton just brought on a young guy for his debut at half time, he gave away the free kick and lost his man for the goal , whoops.

Think of all the money Everton have spent over the years and they have a starting lineup with Iwobi in it, they deserve everything they get, one of the worst performances I have seen in a long time.

Why are strikers so shit at trying to go round the keeper now days?

If that’s R9 he’s giving it a step over and leaving the keeper flailing.

What a sub to bring on in Traore, an absolute handful on his day with extreme pace and power.

Shocking penalty decision in the Wolves Everton game. Never a penalty. VAR is a joke .

It needs to go. The Atletico game last night they took 5 minutes to disallow a perfectly good goal. If that was offside then football is fucked!

Video evidence is pointless if the people viewing it are completely incompetent.

That whole goal was sublime. The pass from Neves was absolute quality and the chest control and finish from Jota were class too.

Everton have been a disgrace though, absolutely chucked it.

Everton have some good players but also some absolute dross like Pickford, Davies, Sigurddson and Iwobi. The Icelandic bloke has ability but hasn't performed for a while now and isn't a quarter of the player he was during his Swansea days.

Wolves on their day are a match for any side though so it's no surprise to me to see them tonking Everton.

And loads on FF think Arsenal should have hired Ancelotti.

You say that like he’s a diddy and not a decorated manager who’s won league titles in Italy, Germany, France and England and the CL 3 times with 2 different clubs! He’s went there and inherited a squad full of absolute mediocrity. But Arteta certainly trumps the following:

Juventus[39]

Milan[195]

Chelsea

Paris Saint-Germain[195]

Real Madrid[195]

Bayern Munich

Last edited:
Ok I officially no longer know what the handball rule is.

Ball hit Sakho on the top of his shoulder, goal chopped off.

You say that like he’s a diddy and not a decorated manager who’s won league titles in Italy, Germany, France and England and the CL 3 times with 2 different clubs! He’s went there and inherited a squad full of absolute mediocrity. But Arteta certainly trumps the following:

Juventus[39]

Milan[195]

Chelsea

Paris Saint-Germain[195]

Real Madrid[195]

Bayern Munich

I say that as a manager who is used to working with the top players, in top leagues, with top budgets, and getting them working in sync. He wouldn't have that luxury at Everton or Arsenal, and that was my point all along.

As much as he has a decorated career, he doesn't have the track record of building teams up from lowly positions over a few years and get them truly punching above their weight. These teams need rebuilt and a proper training ground manager.

I say that as a manager who is used to working with the top players, in top leagues, with top budgets, and getting them working in sync. He wouldn't have that luxury at Everton or Arsenal, and that was my point all along.

As much as he has a decorated career, he doesn't have the track record of building teams up from lowly positions over a few years and get them truly punching above their weight. These teams need rebuilt and a proper training ground manager.

He deserves a chance though. I think it’s unfair to write him off on the basis of not being able turn the shite he’s been left with into winner.

Everton will have spent an Obscene amount of money in the last few years. How you can spend that amount of money and regress is unbelievable tbh.

He deserves a chance though. I think it’s unfair to write him off on the basis of not being able turn the shite he’s been left with into winner.

True. He deserves his own players, and to try and stamp his own mark, and I hope he gets time. I just think the competition is quite tough for him. City and Liverpool streets ahead, Utd and Chelsea will spend big, Arsenal and Spurs will try to come back, then there's the like of Wolves and Leicester who have been managed well. Not to mention Newcastle if they get taken over by the Saudi's.

Villa take the lead from a free kick won by Jack Grealish’ latest dive.

They make a big deal of Grealish being the most fouled player in the league. He goes down very easily tbh.

Back