Sunday's football

Yeah you’re not getting a penalty against United for that. However, if it had been up the other end rat face would already have United 1 up.

Honestly what is the point in VAR? Seen numerous handballs much softer than that given. If decisions are still subjective then it completely defeats the purpose, genuinely annoys me that it looks like It's here to stay.

How is that not a penalty ffs? Ref shat himself cause the Chelsea players were surrounding the monitor. The ball traveled a clear distance with no obstruction of vision or deflections or unnatural bounces

Surprised Man Utd didnt get a penalty there. It came from a free kick they shouldnt have got, and Greenwood handled it first, but they normally get the decision anyway.

Greenwood didn't handle it first
Yeah you’re not getting a penalty against United for that. However, if it had been up the other end rat face would already have United 1 up.

Eh?

I'm guessing its because both players had their arms in the same position and were tussling together for the ball, Plus Man U don't deserve any more penalties due to the amount of soft penalties they've had already

I’s say both 1 & 4 here apply, defo should have been a pen.

What is the new law?​

It's not technically "new" as it has been in force across Europe last season, but the Premier League is now taking a more strict approach. So that means a player will be penalised for handball if:

• The hand/arm is clearly away from the body and outside the "body line".
  • The player clearly leans into the path of the ball.
  • The ball travels some distance.
  • The ball touches a hand/arm that is clearly raised above the shoulder.
  • The player falls and the hand/arm is extended laterally or vertically away from the body.
  • A deflection clearly makes no difference to the ball touching a hand/arm that is clearly extended away from the body and/or above the shoulder.
  • Immediately after touching the ball with the arm, even accidentally, the player scores a goal or creates a goal-scoring opportunity

3755e223dac3c5bfb4685f056bb4e48d.gif

It wasnt a penalty because Greenwood used his arm to control the ball before it was handled.
This exactly. Should have been a Chelsea free kick but no point in giving it after the event as the ball had gone to the other end of the pitch

It wasnt a penalty because Greenwood used his arm to control the ball before it was handled.
That’s not the case, it hit his arm after the handball.

Really poor decision. Var needs to go until they can use it properly.

Really poor decision. Var needs to go until they can use it properly.

Depends who you ask, I guess. All the commentators and in-the-studio ex-players I'm watching agreed it wasnt a penalty, but it seems like Ole and a lot of Man Utd fans online think it was definite.

Lee Dixon is commentating on my coverage, just mentioned he'd talked to one of the Man Utd team at half time and said "not much of a game, is it?". Man Utd person said "what do you expect, we're playing every 72 hours".

So maybe tiredness from the compressed schedule deserves some blame.

You'd be as well saying right, you've had 57 minutes, that's enough go home.

An utter garbage game of football when you factor in there's probably close to £1b worth of transfer fees on the park.

Ziyech looked tremendous at Ajax but at Chelsea looks so average. Also what’s up with Pulisic? Another guy who looked tremendous but now cannot get a game.

Back