Sunderland Til I Die on Netflix

Bain when big Rodwell refuses to leave acting hard slamming the door.

The editing got me a bit on the show.

Cutting to night games when it was 3pm ko's etc.

On that bit you mention I've read that it was actually in relation to Steele's loan falling through, after they'd signed Camp, that was Bain's issue as they then had an extra goalie they didn't want, need or have funds for.

Last edited:
Episode 2, Baldy Bain looking through his black book of financial figures to sign players and make new deals.
He says, "I wish I could say it was more scientific than it looks,but it isn't" .

Yeah, maybe if it was we would have got another 4 seasons out of Arthur Numan, I'll never forgive that utter twat for how he handled that.
Numan openly admits he was set to sign the extension then Baldy showed up and offered him an 80% pay cut!
80 fucking percent cut!!!'
A cut for being a top player and playing in the champions league, Bain is a throbber!!!
Offered him less than bob Malcolm and Chris Burke did same kind of thing with big amo

He was a crook was up to his eyeballs in fiddles and was caught with money from an agent resting in his account and it was passed off as though it was nothing

Bain is the cunts lady's front bottom he is the industry standard lady's front bottom the lady's front bottom that all other buts aspire to be

Just watched the first four episodes, found it quite humbling. We still have a long journey back to where we need to be but we are on the right track and have arguably the best men in the key positions to get us there in King and Gerrard.
Sunderland are phuked.
There but for the grace of God etc.

The only thing missing from the documentary was a scene with baldy Bain posing in front of wummin in the corporate lounge trying to get his nasms. He defo walks around at home with just those speedo's on and a big watch, absolute tit of a man. Incredible to think the money he's made from football just by a*rse licking club owners.

The McGeady scene had me questioning whether his comments were made about Coleman after he'd gone? I know it was edited to look like it was when Coleman was still there, and if it was, then he really is a horrible little big chinned runt.

The song and opening titles are so bad. It’s a fun watch but I’m unsure as to which side of the camera is more cringe.

Finished it this morning, enjoyed it much more than the City equivalent.

If they had signed a proven goalscorer in January, I think they would have just about survived.

Be interested to see how Jack Ross operates as they are currently filming a second series of it.

Enjoyed it but the editing of the cut away shots was terrible. Away games with cuts to crowd at Stadium of Light, fans interviewed after a game in August wearing big coats and hats!

Bain in his speedos and his tight wee jumpers trying to be Guardiola.

Was expecting him to come up with his version of - You will never work in a place like this again. This is brilliant - fact! Yeah? And you’ll never have another boss like me. Someone who's basically a chilled-out entertainer

Only on episode 2.

I had forgotten just how much of a smary, arrogant prick that Bain is.

He’s an absolute throbber.

As good as tv it sounds for outsiders what must it be like for a Sunderland fan? Wonder why the club allowed it to be made knowing it was going to be carnage.

They didn’t know that starting out, it’s clear from the first episode that the expectation of both club and fans was to go straight back up and this documentary would catch all the glory - that lasts about 15 mins :D

They didn’t know that starting out, it’s clear from the first episode that the expectation of both club and fans was to go straight back up and this documentary would catch all the glory - that lasts about 15 mins :D

It lasted up to Celtic scoring against them in a pre-season friendly !

Some of the fans' reaction at the end of that game was comparable to having just seen their team relegated. Never seen so much anger at a pre-season game.

Watching now.
Episode 1
Bain walks into the stadium on match day and says to 2 ladies “ladies you are looking lovely today, I gotta say that whilst the camera is on ME”
What a fokkin Bell end.

Enjoyed it but the editing of the cut away shots was terrible. Away games with cuts to crowd at Stadium of Light, fans interviewed after a game in August wearing big coats and hats!

Bain in his speedos and his tight wee jumpers trying to be Guardiola.

Was expecting him to come up with his version of - You will never work in a place like this again. This is brilliant - fact! Yeah? And you’ll never have another boss like me. Someone who's basically a chilled-out entertainer

“MB, lager. Sinky lager. Grayson, lager sometimes cider.”

Warned the guys down there about Bain and to a lesser extent Sinclair (not realising just how much input he was going to have). Rodwell was just an example (costly one) of what was wrong with Sunderland, top to bottom. Could go on for ages the stories I’ve heard (from an impeccable inside source) of the car crash that existed under Short’s tenure.
Hopefully the new owners turn this around and get Sunderland back up to where the fans definitely belong (look at the championship, there’s a dozen clubs who reckon they belong in the top flight).
Off to see them today and enjoy the company of some very loyal fans where you’ll find a large proportion with more than a keen interest in Rangers :D

HA’WAY THE LADS !!
The stories you've heard are probably the same as i've heard. I work with some of the playing staff, and some of the staff behind the scenes, some of the stories from last season in particular are incredible .

It lasted up to Celtic scoring against them in a pre-season friendly !

Some of the fans' reaction at the end of that game was comparable to having just seen their team relegated. Never seen so much anger at a pre-season game.
It was mental, we think Ibrox can be bad but that was a fcking friendly

I’d love Amazon or Netflix to do one of these with us, would get us some much needed income and bears all over the world would watch it

If we don’t, you know who will

7 episodes in. 1 to go. Bain comes across as utterly incompetent and has levels of narcissism to rival Trump. Early episodes are all about 'look at me', but he virtually disappears as the season goes down the toilet and relegation becomes inevitable. An absolute throbber of a man.

Overall it's car crash tv, but quite enjoyable. Disappointing there was zero access to dressing room chat pre / post match and at half time though, because their must've been some belters!

Watched all 8.

Coleman came across well. Basketcase of club.

Bain was a good mans David Brent.

Grayson was like a call centre manager as well.

Couple of episodes in I sincerely hope this is the thing that prevents Bain working in football again an absolute charlatan

Nice one OP, just watched first 2. Previous posts covered a lot. Polar opposite to the City one so far. Amazing how a multi-million £ business can be run so amateurish.

I could barely make it through the trailer. :D

What a weird idea for a documentary, unless they were deliberately trying to take the piss out of Sunderland and Bain but they were too stupid to notice.

Back