Sunderland Til I Die on Netflix

Thought it was brilliant, love behind the scenes sports documentaries and this was compulsive viewing.
Darron Gibson’s drunk drive car crash?!
Honeymans tears, you could see it hurt.
Grayson, hopeless manager.
Coleman, everyone’s best friend. Pretty hopeless manager.
Bain. clueless, weak, all show no substance.
Williams, gay and frightened to come out?
McGeady, with O’Shea the most experienced player but appeared to give zero fcks about being a leader.

Just watching the Sunderland Netflix show and Googled Martin Bain to see what he is up too.

What stood out is that he started his career as a part time model and barman then moved into marketing

How he got to positions of influence with us is horrific.

Just watching the Sunderland Netflix show and Googled Martin Bain to see what he is up too.

What stood out is that he started his career as a part time model and barman then moved into marketing

I'm watching it right now, on the last episode.

If Bain was chocolate he'd eat himself

A mate of mine did a lot of work in his house in Stirling. He said Bain was a really sound down to earth guy.
The Bain I’ve seen on tv is incompetent and a smarmy bastard

I've just started watching it on the back of seeing that thread.

I can't really remember him (that much) what did he do that was so bad?

I know his reputation is absolutely abysmal and that's from a support with some people still rating Murray.

Martin Bain, the worst Chief Executive in footballing history - given a 39-month notice period with full pay and bonuses by Alastair Johnston.

You couldn't make it up :rolleyes:

Will leave it there.

2eelxs9.jpg

Interesting loan list

Just finished it. I felt a bit sorry for Coleman when the fan outside squared up to him.
I also got a feeling Johnny Williams might be struggling being in the closet.
Bain, an absolute fanny.
The editing and theme song was f'n annoying - overall great doc.

Just finished it. I felt a bit sorry for Coleman when the fan outside squared up to him.
I also got a feeling Johnny Williams might be struggling being in the closet.
Bain, an absolute fanny.
The editing and theme song was f'n annoying - overall great doc.

The editing of the games was a bit cringe.

Wonder what that fan actually said.

I've just started watching it on the back of seeing that thread.

I can't really remember him (that much) what did he do that was so bad?

I know his reputation is absolutely abysmal and that's from a support with some people still rating Murray.
Think the story went back then that he was the descision maker and there was some shocking transfer descisions and wages being handed out the one that sticks out as mentioned is numan when he was arguably best form player in our team getting asked to take an 80% pay cut, making him one of the worst paid in the team.

Always been a smarmy cock in my opinion. Not a likeable character.

His football career is basically being in a position to take the flack for the owners. Its what he was paid (handsomely) for here, and what he was paid for at Sunderland. When deep cuts were to be made they hired Bain and let him be the face for the fans to direct their anger at.

I dont believe he was responsible for most of the shit he gets blamed for. I think that lies squarely at Murrays door.

I would like to add that I still haven’t forgiven the c.un.t for the joint press conference with the Fat Japanese where he deferred to that hateful bastard at every turn, and couldn’t have looked any more in his shadow if he tried.

All smarm and cliches, and no substance whatsoever.

The editing of the games was a bit cringe.

Wonder what that fan actually said.

The fan called him a prick, his defence was that he is a married man with 6 kids, pretty prickish response..

Also as others have said I think it's a definite that Johnny williams is gay, as clear as night follows day.

Just finished episode 6, what an absolute throbbing lady's front bottom Jack Rodwell is.

I get his point that it’s not his problem that the club offered him that contract, but then show a bit of pride and get yourself in the team. What an utter wanker.

On episode 6.

It’s not particularly insightful or anywhere near as revealing as the Amazon Man City propaganda piece.

Each episode is a bit samey.

I’m finding it hard to give a funk about the club, the fans or any of the main protagonists.

And John O’Shea strikes me as an extremely weak captain.

Last edited by a moderator:
On episode 6.

It’s not particularly insightful or anywhere near as revealing as the Amazon Man City propaganda piece.

Each episode is a bit samey.

I’m finding it hard to give a funk about the club, the fans or any of the main protagonists.

And John O’Shea strikes me as an extremely weak captain.

The senior players all looked washed out bevvy merchants.

I’d like to know if O’Shea went back into the kitchens the following week to say goodbye to the staff.

Noticeable too that Cattermole hardly featured direct to camera.

I enjoyed it but the intro music was depressing :eek:

A good few players almost in tears after losing a game, fans like to see that in their players, it shows they care.

Just finished episode 6, what an absolute throbbing lady's front bottom Jack Rodwell is.

I get his point that it’s not his problem that the club offered him that contract, but then show a bit of pride and get yourself in the team. What an utter wanker.

Yeah, the whole of Sunderland hates me but why don’t I try to play my heart out for them?

Nah, I’ll just keep collecting my £70,000 a week regardless, thanks.

Definitely all Rodwell’s fault. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Never forget this fool with a megaphone in the pissing rain in Auxerre...

"Rangers end full, you may as well go home"

Meanwhile ANY Bears that wanted a ticket where at the official ticket office buying tickets for €6 iirc (?)

The word incompent could have been 'invented' for this buffoon.

A very rich man despite turning silk into a pigs ear .

Yeah, the whole of Sunderland hates me but why don’t I try to play my heart out for them?

Nah, I’ll just keep collecting my £70,000 a week regardless, thanks.

Definitely all Rodwell’s fault. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The whole of Sunderland hated him because of his attitude. If you like, he got the ball rolling.

It’s called professional pride, and I’d expect it of every single player who signs for Rangers.

If you don’t think having pride in your work is important, that’s your prerogative.

A mate of mine did a lot of work in his house in Stirling. He said Bain was a really sound down to earth guy.
The Bain I’ve seen on tv is incompetent and a smarmy bastard

I have heard the same, people I know who know him say he would do anything for a friend and is a genuinely nice guy.

I think he does have some ego though, and Murray promoted him far beyond his capabilities.

Watching this he seems to be , as with Murray, A yes man who is just in to cut costs and keep things ticking over until a new owner comes in.

Fucking loves himself right enough :D

Funnily enough, I don't bear Bain any bad will in regards with us, have heard a lot of stuff which hints that at the end he was actually fighting our corner, as much to his financial detriment.

That's true but the same applies to Lawwell and he manages to come across as the guy who runs the league not just one team.

Difference is he has control, and influence.

Desmond and his backers don't bother with day to day running, they just worry about the balance sheet, Lawwell gets paid £1m a year + because he calls the shots at the club for all but the most major of decisions.

I have heard the same, people I know who know him say he would do anything for a friend and is a genuinely nice guy.

I think he does have some ego though, and Murray promoted him far beyond his capabilities.

Watching this he seems to be , as with Murray, A yes man who is just in to cut costs and keep things ticking over until a new owner comes in.

Funnily enough, I don't bear Bain any bad will in regards with us, have heard a lot of stuff which hints that at the end he was actually fighting our corner, as much to his financial detriment.

I said he can probably spot another chancer a mile off.

He will do anything for people he can get something from other than that he will treat people like shit.

Company I worked for had dealings with him. He continually tried to take credit for other people’s efforts most notably nick peel at the time. This is the guy who said he’s rather employ Celtic fans. The list of other things is far too long but l’equipe newspaper printed bank statements showing that he was paid £140,000 from an agent and he said at the agm he would sue them then of course he didn’t
Oh and he organised a once in a lifetime trip to things like the Great Wall of China or rafting in Alaska and the like under the guise of it being for the rangers charity but all it was was an expenses paid jolly that the donations from fans barely covered. Throw in his huge wage and New Bentley every year - ach %^*& it i could go on but I’m not
As for fighting our corner what a pile of shit he fought to keep his own corner

Finished it tonight. Genuinely one of the most entertaining things I've watched in a long time.

Bain coming out to his car with 4 security guards to protect him is matched in it's hilarity only by his bitch fit when Jack Rodwell doesn't walk away from £70,000 a week as he slams the office door shut...

Finished it tonight. Genuinely one of the most entertaining things I've watched in a long time.

Bain coming out to his car with 4 security guards to protect him is matched in it's hilarity only by his bitch fit when Jack Rodwell doesn't walk away from £70,000 a week as he slams the office door shut...
What about that guy at the end calling Coleman a prick ? "who you calling a prick" brilliant !

Just on the last episode. The whole way the club has been run is a shambles.

What about that guy at the end calling Coleman a prick ? "who you calling a prick" brilliant !

"You calling me a prick ? I'm married with six kids!"

Coleman actually comes across really well in it which is surprising as I thought he was a massive bell end. But the staff really seemed taken by him.

Loved Lewis Grabban's embracing the heel role as well! :D

"You calling me a prick ? I'm married with six kids!"

Coleman actually comes across really well in it which is surprising as I thought he was a massive bell end. But the staff really seemed taken by him.

Loved Lewis Grabban's embracing the heel role as well! :D
Yea he did, shame we never got to see any of his halftime teamtalks.

Will be interesting to see how many years they remain out of the Premiere League.

Yea he did, shame we never got to see any of his halftime teamtalks.

Will be interesting to see how many years they remain out of the Premiere League.

Ross will get them promoted this year to the Championship. Massive ask to get to the EPL without serious backing. Getting back to the Championship will at least normalise and stabilise them as a club.

Martin Bain, the worst Chief Executive in footballing history - given a 39-month notice period with full pay and bonuses by Alastair Johnston.

You couldn't make it up :rolleyes:

Will leave it there.

I know a few folk who were around the club in the 2007-2011 period when Lloyd’s were making cutbacks all over the place and the screw was being tightened from within. They told me that Bain was one of a handful of good Rangers people still at the club at the time and that his image amongst supporters was way off the reality.

I didn’t believe it then either; put it down to him being one of those who could charm the birds out of the trees on a 1:1 basis while still making a monumental arse of things.

Back