Sunderland til I die Series 2 Wednesday 1/4

Thanks for the heads up OP. Enjoyed series one so looking forward to it. Will also lower my blood pressure after shouting at the TV at that cant Bain!

That first spiv in the intro scenes - Charlie Methven - trying much too hard to ingratiate himself with the locals by having every other word beginning with ‘fk’. Already gives the impression he’ll be hopelessly out his depth - far more suited to selling wedding events to fellow toffs in the Home Counties.

See they’ve kept that shite pathetic, condescending and naff theme music - pass the sick bucket

The into music is horrendous (glad you can skip). They had some lad playing it in the centre circle before their game on Boxing Day. Awful Dirge.

Enjoyed watching it but Rangers are a far bigger club with a more passionate support. If footballs all they have then where were they for less glamorous games or the play off semi. Ibrox sold out against Annan , Elgin etc

you're comparing a club with 54 league titles, a european cup, uncountable amounts of domestic trophies and European football every season to Sunderland who haven't even lifted a single trophy in 40+ years and have played in the national stadium less than 10 times in that period.

I presume you're aware of that.

Just watching the desperate chase for Will Grigg. Deary me, the manager thought he wisnae worth more than £1.25m and the owner spunks £3m on him. Modern football summed up, owners that think they know the game better than the manager. Jack Ross comes across quite well in this I reckon (so far).

That smarmy chief executive is just someone who doesn't know much about football, and is trying to blag it and sound like he knows what he's talking about. Guaranteed to never have watched a game of football before

Only 6 episodes. Have finished it now and definitely feels like it only skimmed the surface.

A couple of impressions
1-the guy Charlie is clearly a prick and the way he bullied the staff was a disgrace, but he was right about how much of a mess the club was in. Surely Bain will never work in football again after that.
2 - Suspect the club cut back access to some of the players and coaches after the shitshow that was the first season of the show. The only players interviewed seem to have been the ones the club trusted not to come across as dickheads.

Only 6 episodes. Have finished it now and definitely feels like it only skimmed the surface.

A couple of impressions
1-the guy Charlie is clearly a prick and the way he bullied the staff was a disgrace, but he was right about how much of a mess the club was in. Surely Bain will never work in football again after that.
2 - Suspect the club cut back access to some of the players and coaches after the shitshow that was the first season of the show. The only players interviewed seem to have been the ones the club trusted not to come across as dickheads.
Was just typing the same thing about the chief executive,the finances were mental when they took over and he was probably right about the staff accepting it as it was to a degree.

Felt sorry for their fans really,hope they go up soon.

A couple of impressions

Bain is current the CEO of the company that operates Indian Super League

Binged on it all today. Jack Ross got let down badly by Stewart and the Charlie fella. Out their depth when came to negotiation contract extensions and signings. Ross telling Stewart that Griggs is not worth what Wigan we’re looking for says it all. Plus Charlie is an arrogant prick especially to the female staff. Don’t want to spoil it but it’s great viewing.

No surprise it's like The Office as anyone whose worked in any large firm will surely be able to find similar episodes to what happened there. It was a very well observed comedy
For instance I have witnessed 3 highly paid bank executives spend 15 minutes in a meeting of over 20 people discussing the best colour for a box in a presentation slide. At least 5 man hours wasted on colour options when no surprise they didn't actually decide
Have hundreds of examples of similarLy inane conversations that take up senior executive time

Binged this today. As people have already said, the bit when Jack Ross tells Donald hes not worth that at like 1.25m then Donald goes all out at end of window to sign him for 3m. Unreal.

In the last series I got the vibe that the new owners were very like the Wigs when they were destroying us. After one episode, absolutely no doubt my suspicions were correct.

Methven in particular is making Bain look likeable.

you're comparing a club with 54 league titles, a european cup, uncountable amounts of domestic trophies and European football every season to Sunderland who haven't even lifted a single trophy in 40+ years and have played in the national stadium less than 10 times in that period.

I presume you're aware of that.

They harp on about being a big club with passionate loyal supporters which was my point.

Did your man Charlie sack your northern Irish girl after he had a go at her over the attendance numbers?

I think he sacked her for being a sheep.She never came up with any great ideas and she was of the opinion that they would never get 40k for the game.
He shouldn’t have spoken to her like that thought. I’d have rammed his beer up his posh arse.

Just finished episode 3, the slick back boy is an absolute weapon however, he's got a point about the sales and marketing team, sitting about doing %^*& all and he's needing the numbers counted ASAP to announce it at half time, absolute no urgency from her.

Delusions of grandeur from Sunderland fans about how big a club they are. Big clubs don't have that many gaps in their stadium for a start

Did your man Charlie sack your northern Irish girl after he had a go at her over the attendance numbers?
If you look at the end of that episode you see a lady putting her belongs in the boot of a car.
Hugs all round!
Bagged but not mentioned later just never seen again!

Binged on it all today. Jack Ross got let down badly by Stewart and the Charlie fella. Out their depth when came to negotiation contract extensions and signings. Ross telling Stewart that Griggs is not worth what Wigan we’re looking for says it all. Plus Charlie is an arrogant prick especially to the female staff. Don’t want to spoil it but it’s great viewing.

I've not watched the show, but being from Johnstone know a lot of St Mirren fans. They all rave about him and genuinely think he's a great guy. A load of St Mirren went down to a Sunderland game that season and Jack Ross met up with them all for pictures and stuff.

Not good to hear he gets fucked over.

Watching just now, not as good as the first season but still a good watch.
One good thing they done was change those pink seats the new ones defo make a difference.

If you watch this you can't fail to think of our own club in darker times but also today when it comes to competing in the transfer market. Thought wee Stewart was just a football fan, really.
Good to see big Joe make an appearance.

Actually never brought myself to watching this what with Mackam mates and that male model who should never been near our team i see it as a horror series not my thing.

Back