Sunderland til I die Series 2 Wednesday 1/4

it isn’t rubbish atall if you take the time to read the post properly you will see I’m not talking about the girl doing her job or not, it’s already been said multiple times she was way out her depth, it’s the unprofessional manner the chairman spoke to her and waved his arms about in the technical area at half time to a female employee

it was car crash TV, what part of that do you not understand?

In a very Charles Green way, it was about him.

why was it critical that he announced the crowd number? Every game across the country every weekend the crowd gets announced at 60+ mins.

anyone thinking they can judge how good someone is at their job from a heavily edited show like that is off their nut. I googled it because I was curious when it was never once stated she had left or been sacked.

In a very Charles Green way, it was about him.

why was it critical that he announced the crowd number? Every game across the country every weekend the crowd gets announced at 60+ mins.

anyone thinking they can judge how good someone is at their job from a heavily edited show like that is off their nut. I googled it because I was curious when it was never once stated she had left or been sacked.

because Methvins ego was that big he wanted to be the one who announced it at half time

On the editing, I’m sure you see the guy with the beard getting it colour sprayed in preparation for the Wembley game, then it sits to him waking up getting ready for the game. I’d had a few cans by that time so maybe it’s me

Another editing glitch - when they scored away to Wimbledon the camera panned to their fans who were in the gazebo stand at Bristol Rovers.

You've got lower standards than Methven and Donald when it comes to females then.

She's getting far too much of a pass on here from many simply for being an Ulster lass

She was utterly inept at her job from what we saw, even if Methven was also a prick.
I actually agreed she was shite at her job,my comment you quoted was that she was good to look at.

If you don't agree with that,that's your perogative it's all a matter of taste when it comes to physical attraction.

Mystified why you've singled me out here:confused:

Jack Ross basically telling the owner Grigg wasn't worth the money was brilliant.

"He's not even worth 1.25 million, definitely don't offer any more"

"We'll offer you 3 million, rising to a possible 4"

There's been 4/5 documentaries about Sunderland now.. each one involving a relegation or missing out on promotion and all superb viewing :)

20,000 empty seats for a play-off game. Not many clubs in the north of England could manage that.

Some nice little touches from Joe Aribo in the last episode.

What was Tony Cotons role ? There was also another guy who seemed to be advising on talks with Maja’s agent .

I got told they offered Maja £10k a week . They should have put him on a 4 year deal at £25k . It would have got them up and failing that they would have got more than £1.5m for him at the end of the season. His value would have rocketed if they went up and he did it in championship.

As pointed out earlier in the thread Sunderland were still due Bordeaux money for Khazri. It’s likely some of that was written off.

Usual shite editing, Morgan in the last game crossed a ball then 2 mins later was subbed on.

Was a good watch, scary thing is these idiots will be costing clubs a fortune up and down the country
I noticed that btw but i didn’t click on it was the editing but it did stick in my head

I actually agreed she was shite at her job,my comment you quoted was that she was good to look at.

If you don't agree with that,that's your perogative it's all a matter of taste when it comes to physical attraction.

Mystified why you've singled me out here:confused:

Settle down sweetheart. I didn't single you out. I responded to your post as yours was the first to claim she was a darling and I really don't think she was. Looks like a few others did the same too.

I tagged on the comment about her being shite at her job as well just as an aside. Hope that's alright.

Settle down sweetheart. I didn't single you out. I responded to your post as yours was the first to claim she was a darling and I really don't think she was. Looks like a few others did the same too.

I tagged on the comment about her being shite at her job as well just as an aside. Hope that's alright.

I thought she was an absolute darling myself :D

I've just binge-watched the series, it has been fascinating to watch. From smarmy Bain to Charlie the chancer. And Rangers, for the love of God - don't even think about it!

Had to laugh at the Sunderland fan getting his haircut for the trip to
Wembley for the Checkatrade Trophy final V Portsmouth. Says to the
barber “this’ll be shown all over the world on TV” :oops::D

Watched the last episodes of the second series yesterday. It wasnt as good as the first one but still a good programme. Although the whole thing felt a little bit rushed this time it was still very interesting to see how many idiots earn very good money at these clubs while doing %^*& all.

They just should have kept Maja. Even if he had left them for free at the end of the season they would still have had saved money and had a better player than Grigg in the pitch. Nevermind, i never liked Sunderland.

By the way: Jan Kirchhoff who played for them in the PL (beside Defoe) now plays for my local club in Germany.

Last edited:
The makers of the show really hit the jackpot last season with them getting to Wembley twice and agonisingly missing out each time. Great drama!
Actually thought Jack Ross did pretty well, all things considered. If Maja had stayed another year I think they would have got promotion.

Watched the last episodes of the second series yesterday. It wasnt as good as the first one but still a good programme. Although the whole thing felt a little bit rushed this time it was still very interesting to see how many idiots earn very good money at these clubs while doing %^*& all.

They just should have kept Maja. Even if he had left them for free at the end of the season they would still have had saved money and had a better player than Grigg in the pitch. Nevermind, i never liked Sunderland.

By the way: Jan Kirchhoff who played for them in der PL (beside Defoe) now plays for my local club in Germany.
dritte liga is good to good to watch

Did anyone else notice the amount of mentally weak players throughout the two seasons? The centre half (No. 15) must have mentioned making mistakes in every interview.

He was glad he was dropped incase he made another mistake the week after. Bizarre attitude.

Rubbish, she rightly deserved and got the sack.
They smash the record and she can’t be fcked to push for the numbers and then talks back to the boss. She was ridiculously out her depth.

They didn't, and couldn't have, smashed any record though. The record attendance for a 3rd tier football match in England is 49,309 and was set by Sheffield Wednesday in 1979. Sunderlands stadium doesn't even hold that much.

The main thing that annoyed me about Methven was when they got to the final. All season ticket holders get one and then the boy suggests a scheme that if someone has been to all the cup games they get a ticket

It was dismissed out of hand so he could make more money. I know its a business but how many people would fall into that category? Not many.

He was always going on about how the fans were special and loyal etc and the one chance he had to give something back and it was a 2 fingers to them

His trousers were shite as well

The main thing that annoyed me about Methven was when they got to the final. All season ticket holders get one and then the boy suggests a scheme that if someone has been to all the cup games they get a ticket

It was dismissed out of hand so he could make more money. I know its a business but how many people would fall into that category? Not many.

He was always going on about how the fans were special and loyal etc and the one chance he had to give something back and it was a 2 fingers to them

His trousers were shite as well

It was a shambles in the end how they went about it after STH got to buy one ticket each

They came up with a scheme of buying a Sunderland v Walsall home ticket which the game was 2 weeks before the Checkatrade Final then everyone would in the scheme for the right to purchase, I did buy one despite the fact I knew wouldn't go as working to make sure I was safe for a Final ticket but I do have purchase history and had been to at that point last season 13 Sunderland games both home and away

In the end it got binned the scheme last 2 or 3 days

I genuinely felt for Stewart Donald at the end, he seems like a genuine guy who wants to get the club back on track. That Charlie cnt though can get fucked, what an insufferable prick.

I know his type, the way you see him talk to others at games explaining the most basic stuff to pretend he is some sort of expert. Dickhead.

What was Tony Cotons role ? There was also another guy who seemed to be advising on talks with Maja’s agent .

I got told they offered Maja £10k a week . They should have put him on a 4 year deal at £25k . It would have got them up and failing that they would have got more than £1.5m for him at the end of the season. His value would have rocketed if they went up and he did it in championship.

It looks like Maja went from £1k/week at Sunderland to €65k/week at Bordeau!

Holy moly!

Players speak with forked tongues - quelle surprise.

It looks like Maja went from £1k/week at Sunderland to €65k/week at Bordeau!

Holy moly!

Players speak with forked tongues - quelle surprise.
Just started firing through this show Martin Bain left them in some state the new owners were fighting a horrible losing battle done alright for the first 6 months and losing Maja killed them but I lost sympathy at signing Grigg for £3 fucking million that's just woeful.

I genuinely felt for Stewart Donald at the end, he seems like a genuine guy who wants to get the club back on track. That Charlie cnt though can get fucked, what an insufferable prick.

I know his type, the way you see him talk to others at games explaining the most basic stuff to pretend he is some sort of expert. Dickhead.
When he was sitting in the stand at the cup final criticizing the tac tics of Jack Ross and then hugs Ross as he collects his losers medal.i just though you hypocritical kunt.i did feel sorry for Stuart Donald his heart is in the right place and fair play to him for going in beside the fans at the away games.

Just finished it, really enjoyed it actually. The Griggs signing was just bonkers!
I bet when Jack Ross found out how much they actually spent he must have though “are you off you fucking head” after telling him don’t go higher than 1.5 million

Howling at the Grigg signing. 3m rising to 4m when told not to pay over 1.25m. Then to add insult, it’s revealed later on they are paying him 50k a week. Utterly bonkers.

I have enjoyed both series.feel sorry for the support as I have always had a soft spot for Sunderland as some games at Ibrox in the 80’s you would see a banner with Sunderland Loyalists on it and was down in 93 for the testimonial and got chatting to a few of them after the game and they were a good bunch of lads

Howling at the Grigg signing. 3m rising to 4m when told not to pay over 1.25m. Then to add insult, it’s revealed later on they are paying him 50k a week. Utterly bonkers.
Grigg is on 50k a week? Surely not.

Mentions later on there paying a player 50k for 3 years with an option of 4 not long after the Grigg signing. Going by Sunderland’s expenditure on wages it doesn’t seem that ridiculous. To them.

I bet when Jack Ross found out how much they actually spent he must have though “are you off you fucking head” after telling him don’t go higher than 1.5 million
That's the moment where the whole thing went up in smoke you need to trust the manager in this situation but he got caught up in the deadline day drama and made a lady's front bottom ae it no way back for him or Jack Ross at that point

Do their fans only ever sing one song?

Donalds demeanor when they lost at wembley was of a man that knew he just lost out on millions

Something no right with that man. Think it's his eyes. He looks shady

Just finished watching it. So many similarities between us and them in recent years.

The woman at the end asking "Why is it never us celebrating?"

Felt rushed compared to season one. They crammed so much in to so few episodes.

Absolute let down for me, didnt get into the nuts and bolts of it beyond making the director Charlie look like a right cùnt and their chairman being a fat wide boy amateur hour prat.

Fùck mcgeady an all the desperate dan chinned cùnt

An absolute car crash of a club. It makes good viewing though to be fair.

I wonder if there was a 3rd season planned, they're 7th in the league just now so you could only imagine what's going on behind the scenes. :))

Watched it but thought it was a bit disappointing compared to first season
The new owners had me convinced by the end they were genuine but clearly didn't have the necessary cash but still wanted to hang on to control. Moot point but I certainly wouldn't be investing after seeing how they dealt with the Griggs negotiations
I thought Jack Ross was harshly dealt with. He was a penalty kick away from promotion. A very narrow margin. Think they might have been better sticking with him but of course I didn't see the whole season

Basket case of a club and a few shame for the fans. Had to laugh when they said the checkertrade trophy would be shown all around the world .

To speak about having that many outgoings and spunk the money on Will Grigg is shocking. I had to google where they are and not doing great this season! Must be some amount of cuts going on.

Mentions later on there paying a player 50k for 3 years with an option of 4 not long after the Grigg signing. Going by Sunderland’s expenditure on wages it doesn’t seem that ridiculous. To them.

Would be very surprised that was the case maybe McGeady as he signed a 3 deal in 2017 and later agreed a 1 extension taking him to 2020/21

He along with Lee Cattermole and Bryan Oviedo were the remaining high earners in the summer of 2018

Cattermole signed for Venlo in the Netherlands and Oviedo signed for Copenhagen last summer

McGeady is still a Sunderland player but is on loan at Charlton

Back