Sunderland 'till I Die.

Stella_Bear

I'm on to S2 now, what an absolute cluster.uck of a show, but utterly absorbing and brilliant, the new owners, the posh bloke from Eaton who is their commercial director and all round "entertainment" expert, what's not to like :D

I’ve yet to see a bigger tosser than the guy who wore burgundy chinos, a blue shirt & started blaring adagio for strings in his office.

Total car crash T.V but it was incredible.

I’ve yet to see a bigger tosser than the guy who wore burgundy chinos, a blue shirt & started blaring adagio for strings in his office.

That's the bloke who went to Eaton, a bigger helmet than imaginable. :D

Great viewing, on to S2 Ep1 now

Charlie Methven, he sacked it apparently due to family reasons :D
Aye, that’s the chap. Actually cringed when he was about.

One of the episodes your coming on to he’s really cheeky to one of the admin/secretary girls & it just summed him up.

When they’re trying to get the record Boxing Day league 1 crowd and he’s snapping at the ticket office people. So painful to watch but so engrossing

Aye, that’s the chap. Actually cringed when he was about.

One of the episodes your coming on to he’s really cheeky to one of the admin/secretary girls & it just summed him up.
His missus is lovely, probably can't stand the sight of his cock to be fair.

Helene Schutrumpf...

I'm on to S2 now, what an absolute cluster.uck of a show, but utterly absorbing and brilliant, the new owners, the posh bloke from Eaton who is their commercial director and all round "entertainment" expert, what's not to like :D
charlie is comedy gold

Funny this thread has appeared actually.

Started watching it on Saturday and on series 2 already, car crash TV at its best and utterly addictive, from Martin Bain acting like a smarmy prick to this new posh owner who you can tell every member of staff thinks he's a complete arse.

A few points to note:

Martin Bain’s many watches and wee espressos.

Will Grigg’s not worth £1 million. £4 million later...

The young boy trying to sneak Zlatan on to their transfer target list
The reaction to Zlatan being on the list was fucking incredible.

To think we put Bain in the ring against Liewell.

As for Charlie Nice But Dim, I doubted if he had ever even been to a jolly old soccer match before getting that gig.

Zlatan actually sacked his first agent for suggesting he leave Ajax to go to Sunderland.

Said something along the lines of he obviously didn’t know who I was :))
I’ve read parts of his book & Wenger wanted him on trial when he was a wean to which he responded.

“Zlatan doesn’t do auditions”

Big arrogant..... :))

Totally compelling viewing, although thought the second series wasn't quite as car crash viewing as the first for me. Watching perma-tan Bain swagger about clearly out of his depth was the highlight for me.

Is there a third season being made?

Totally compelling viewing, although thought the second series wasn't quite as car crash viewing as the first for me. Watching perma-tan Bain swagger about clearly out of his depth was the highlight for me.

Is there a third season being made?

No

Where have you been,that was out that long ago that I now have a colour telly

The type of cringe comedy you loved in The Office but can’t love in Sunderland Till I Die because the guy is 100% for real and that just makes it too uncomfortable.

Yeah mate, what you need is to get rid of your current music and get a tune from the late 90’s blaring out. Also make sure you have a pint and say “fùck” a lot then the supporters will really think you’re one of them. Wank

Struggled through to half way in season 2 and thought bugger this am wasting my time here, so much better shows on Netflix than this.
Seems to be popular though, just couldn’t get into it.
Maradona, just titled maradona, 3 hours going through his career. Brilliant.
Inside Hearts was brain numbing as well, think I’ll give these shows a miss.
Nothing really happens.

Quite enjoyed it.

There seems zero joy about following Sunderland but i got to hand it to them as a support.

i thought Stewart Donald came across well but i cant help he banked his investment on winning promotion and ended up realising it was too big a task for his finances. The Will Grigg transfer scenario was crazy and he come across very naive over it all. Genuinely thought he did his best for the club at the time but seemed to have no plan B over the transfer situation which i found baffling.

Charlie Methven was all too predictable. Played upto the fans for a bit, befriended them, took their money and done a runner before they started askin some serious questions when things started to go wrong.

Last edited:
The type of cringe comedy you loved in The Office but can’t love in Sunderland Till I Die because the guy is 100% for real and that just makes it too uncomfortable.

Yeah mate, what you need is to get rid of your current music and get a tune from the late 90’s blaring out. Also make sure you have a pint and say “fùck” a lot then the supporters will really think you’re one of them. Wank
I think he was going for the David Brent approach thinking the public would lap it up.

No mate, it’s funny in fiction, not real life.

Back