Sunderland v Charlton Ath

Love a bit of late drama in these games!

No real preference either way but at least mcgeady won't be celebrating tonight

Poor Sunderland - It used to the Man City who had things like that happen to them, some season 2 of their doc coming up on Netflix mind you.

Charlton fans celebrated promotion more than Man City fans did winning the league. Shows the difference between proper football fans and plastic glory hunters.

Jack Ross to get the sack

They’ve been filming another season of that Netflix show haven’t they?

I used to date a Macken and she was without a doubt the most glass half empty football fan I have known. It’s kind of easy to see how she’s got that way. They’re just seem to go from one heartbreak to the next

2nd place in championship no trophy

Play off winners who could be potentially 6th placed team get a trophy

I dont get it

2nd place in championship no trophy

Play off winners who could be potentially 6th placed team get a trophy

I dont get it

Not worth worrying about to be honest, commercial crap.

If I was a Sunderland fan I would be wondering why the hell they took that daft League Trophy so seriously, same for Portsmouth - cost them both dear in the end - players exhausted at crunch part of season. Same happened with Shrewsbury last season and look at them this season.

Sunderland and Pompey fans also lost a lot of respect for taking that Cup seriously, one time they could have made a stand towards those making the English game all about the Premier League, they never though - pathetic.

If I was a Sunderland fan I would be wondering why the hell they took that daft League Trophy so seriously, same for Portsmouth - cost them both dear in the end - players exhausted at crunch part of season. Same happened with Shrewsbury last season and look at them this season.

Sunderland and Pompey fans also lost a lot of respect for taking that Cup seriously, one time they could have made a stand towards those making the English game all about the Premier League, they never though - pathetic.

Just a sad reflection of the money down there.

Agree with your thoughts on the cup. The amount of league games played in those divisions are crazy. Looks like both of todays team got it badly wrong

Just a sad reflection of the money down there.

Agree with your thoughts on the cup. The amount of league games played in those divisions are crazy. Looks like both of todays team got it badly wrong

Went to play off final in 92 when Blackburn got up and we got a scroll type thing for it, same thing that season mind - finished 6th and went up! Personally I love the playoffs, think if players and fans cannot get up for those matches they may as well give up - shame in England they are dictated by tv, would have both legs on a Saturday at 3pm if I was in charge with a final at the highest placed sides ground.

Congratulations to Charlton, thought they were the better team on the day, and over the course of the season. Difficult times ahead for Sunderland now, i got told at the start of the season they had to achieve immediate promotion.

Congratulations to the Addicks. A lot of hard graft required by Mr Donald and it’ll be interesting to see how the fans react to that. Said before that I really didn’t want to face Charlton as they were probably the form team of the division over last 2 months. That said, today is a sore one. Still FTM ! HA’WAY THE LADS :))

Well done Charlton. Sad that Sunderland is infested with mentally challenged players so a decent result.

They both took it serious when it matter. near the end of the competition

It hurt Portsmouth more than Sunderland due to the fact Portsmouth were at one leaders of League 1

Congratulations to Charlton, thought they were the better team on the day, and over the course of the season. Difficult times ahead for Sunderland now, i got told at the start of the season they had to achieve immediate promotion.

Probably right as it would a change of direction in terms of income.

Charlie Methven did state in an interview after the Portsmouth 2nd leg that they had a 2 year plan for League 1

Will be an interesting summer ahead

I quite like Charlton. There used to be one of their fans on the old BBC football forums who was a proud Loyalist and used to rip the filth on there to shreds.

I quite like Charlton. There used to be one of their fans on the old BBC football forums who was a proud Loyalist and used to rip the filth on there to shreds.
Loads of loyalists in the charlton support. Had a few good nights with them boys. Glad they beat Sunderland today.

Reactions: DA9
To come 5th in a league where Luton Town and Barnsley get automatic promotion, says it all.

As we all saw in the Netflix documentary, the club are a shambles and have the mindset of "too big to be where we are!". Well, you have to earn the right to get back up.

Southampton, Leeds, Forest, Blackburn, Sheffield Wednesday and many others went down to the 3rd tier in recent history, regrouped and got themselves back up. If Sunderland dont sort it out and very soon, they could be stuck there for a while.

Well done Charlton, had a soft spot for them as a club, they have went through a lot over the years. What a support they had today.

Back