Sunderland

Right result!
Beat Bristol Rovers Saturday and we're up!
Might even go up as champions if Luton slip up, but this is Barnsley, so I'm guessing play-offs :)

1 nil up and they lost 2-1 tonight. Confirms they will be in playoff. Missed the chance to go third with Portsmouth losing too.

Well done to Luton and Barnsley both promoted tonight as both Sunderland and Portsmouth lost tonight

Fleetwood 2-1 Sunderland
Portsmouth 2-3 Peterborough

Sunderland, Portsmouth, Charlton & either Doncaster or Peterborough

Genuinely don’t think Sunderland will go up, Jack Ross is strangely lauded by the Scottish media but he has had far too many draws this season, he plays far too safe and boring according to a lot of Sunderland fans.

Biggest concern is Charlton imo . They’re the ones showing form at end of season . We’ve repeatedly shot ourselves in the foot this season and not just the last 3/4 games . Play-offs it is FTM.

3 big clubs who would consider themselves as top flight clubs involved in the League One playoffs, should be exciting

3 big clubs who would consider themselves as top flight clubs involved in the League One playoffs, should be exciting
When you look at the 1st div (ostensibly div3) you’ll see something like 5 out of top 7/8 were top flight clubs within last decade . Competition is fierce in lower levels albeit the quality isn’t always the highest

Genuinely don’t think Sunderland will go up, Jack Ross is strangely lauded by the Scottish media but he has had far too many draws this season, he plays far too safe and boring according to a lot of Sunderland fans.
Biggest concern is Charlton imo . They’re the ones showing form at end of season . We’ve repeatedly shot ourselves in the foot this season and not just the last 3/4 games . Play-offs it is FTM.

Given where the club was a year ago you could have been forgiven to think they could easily have slipped into been midtable League 1 but haven't yes it has been tough and not great but at least we still have chance of going back up

Well done to Luton and Barnsley both promoted tonight as both Sunderland and Portsmouth lost tonight

Fleetwood 2-1 Sunderland
Portsmouth 2-3 Peterborough

Sunderland, Portsmouth, Charlton & either Doncaster or Peterborough
Congratulations to Luton and Barnsley, as the saying goes the league table doesn't lie...play offs are hard to call, could be any of the teams involved imo

Only 2 points from the last 9. No momentum nor confidence just now. think we're doomed to another season in 3rd tier. Likely fuckin Charlton in the 2 legger as well. Painful memories of 1998

Blew it big time last night, they were not bad 1st half but why did safc sign grigg ? He’s complete shite every time I see him - was it for the song ???

Sunderland are architects of their own downfall, the only team I can think of down south that's thrown away points from winning positions as often as them are Derby. Both are barred from my coupon for this reason.

Ah Sunderland. I can't think of that wonderful city without being reminded of a lovely lady I had the pleasure of meeting there many years ago.....

I met you in Sunderland;
On a bench at the retail park.
You offered me KFC, two thighs;
Then uncrossed your eyes.

You were wearing a football shirt;
And Primark dungarees.
Your hair smelled of chicken fat and tripe;
You'd just had a sh*te.

Colleen, you were my Sunderland girl;
We threw bones at a passing bus.
You had to be in court next day;
For selling stolen goods.
I will never forget you;
We slept in bed next to your Dad.
We used a chicken in a pillow;
In an Aldi carrier bag.

At breakfast, you blew me a kiss;
And buttered my Weetabix.
We went to Her Majesty''s court, by bus;
And you got 18 months.

16 stone and 4 foot 6.
Your vape smells of onions;
And your house of Alsatian piss.
I will never forget you;
Nor the sights that you showed me.
But now you are chained to a wall;
Like the donkey by the KFC.

Ah Sunderland. I can't think of that wonderful city without being reminded of a lovely lady I had the pleasure of meeting there many years ago.....

I met you in Sunderland;
On a bench at the retail park.
You offered me KFC, two thighs;
Then uncrossed your eyes.

You were wearing a football shirt;
And Primark dungarees.
Your hair smelled of chicken fat and tripe;
You'd just had a sh*te.

We threw bones at a passing bus.
You had to be in court next day;
For selling stolen goods.
I will never forget you;
We slept in bed next to your Dad.
We used a chicken in a pillow;
In an Aldi carrier bag.

At breakfast, you blew me a kiss;
And buttered my Weetabix.
We went to Her Majesty''s court, by bus;
And you got 18 months.

16 stone and 4 foot 6.
Your vape smells of onions;
And your house of Alsatian piss.
I will never forget you;
Nor the sights that you showed me.
But now you are chained to a wall;
Like the donkey by the KFC.

Alright Bob Mortimer?

It's so much more than a sh*thole.

Alright Bob Mortimer?

It's so much more than a sh*thole.

Is that you Peter?

Of course, I can take no credit for my previous post (other than for typing it out as I couldn't find it anywhere to copy and paste!)

I had to stop listening to those podcasts in the car for a while as it was becoming a danger to my driving, particularly the Sunderland songs and when Beardsley got his joke book out :))

Blew it big time last night, they were not bad 1st half but why did safc sign grigg ? He’s complete shite every time I see him - was it for the song ???

Have a feeling because he had League 1 experience with Wigan plus replacing Maja

And that song

Last edited:
Back