Super 6 - Someone currently is sitting on the million quid

I thought loosing out on £200 with the odd goal was a scunner. Couldn’t imagine how I’d feel of it was 1m :eek:

Utterly horrendous which is why I don’t gamble even for free .

His life is ruined .
His life isn't ruined, he'll be sick and annoyed but after coming to terms of what nearly was he''ll be philosophical about it. Life goes on.

His life isn't ruined, he'll be sick and annoyed but after coming to terms of what nearly was he''ll be philosophical about it. Life goes on.

I have a mate who has had 5 numbers in the lotto. The sixth number was one digit out. He's never quite got over it.

I think some people on here must be on a different planet . Annoyed at losing a million pounds in the last minute of a football game ?

I’d be out of my mind the rest of my days .
On the same page as you, could see their point if he was 15 mins away from it but last kick of the ball is a total sickener.

I know for a fact I wouldn’t recover from it

I think some people on here must be on a different planet . Annoyed at losing a million pounds in the last minute of a football game ?

I'd be sick, annoyed and gutted even but it wouldn't dominate my life that's for sure, you do get over these things.

On the same page as you, could see their point if he was 15 mins away from it but last kick of the ball is a total sickener.

I know for a fact I wouldn’t recover from it
Even worse that the keeper saved the penalty and they scored from the rebound. Poor guy's heart rate must have been through the roof watching that!

I'm still raging that my old address won the postcode lottery a few months after I moved away. Lowest amount I seen someone get was £32,000.

And I have never even played the postcode lottery! Haha

I missed out on £4m, fucked my head up for a while but I got over it. Life goes on..

As close as today ? If your already rich then £4 million may not bother you as much as £1 million to a guy who only earns £18k a year for example and busts his chops to get it .

This is just nonsense no matter how you interpret it..
You get the first 5 numbers and you need number 3 to win the jackpot.
If it's 2 or 4, it makes no difference at all.
You were not any closer to the prize than if it was number 46.

Dismissing something that makes perfect sense to anyone who applies a wee bit of logic?
Now that's nonsense.

As close as today ? If your already rich then £4 million may not bother you as much as £1 million to a guy who only earns £18k a year for example and busts his chops to get it .
Long story.

I used to be a parcel courier but also ran the Depot's lottery syndicate. In addition to which I used to play my own numbers as well. Both I and the Syndicate decided we would never change our numbers, so consequently I had a set of playslips which I would take to the retailer every Saturday (this was before the Weds draw and the Euro millions came into being).

I used to keep the playslips in my van. Anyway, on one Wednesday night (it was a Nov 5th, Bonfire night) my van was stolen from outside my house. Then on the Friday night at about 11pm I got a call from the cops that they'd found my van abandoned, with the engine missing, on the edge of some Industrial Estate in Erith.

I went there straight away. It was dark and deserted. Whoever had stolen my van had searched through it and strewn the contents of the glove box - including my lottery play slips - all over the floor and seats of the van.

I grabbed what I could, work coat, papers, playslips, sack barrow - basically anything salvageable I could find - and just got the hell out of there. On Saturday I worked the morning then arranged to get my van recovered, phoned the insurance etc.

It was about 7.15 that I went to the shop to put on the Lottery for me and the Syndicate. I was expecting to hand over £100 but the lady said £95. There was a playslip missing. I didn't know which one and had no time to go home to check. So I just got a £5 Lucky Dip instead.

I had the Syndicate's and my numbers stored on my computer and on the Sunday evening when I put in the Lottery draw to check against the stored numbers the software told me one of my sets of numbers had matched all 6 numbers in the Lottery draw.

I went absolutely mad. I thought my head would burst. Once I calmed down a bit I checked through the actual tickets to find the winning ticket. But I couldn't find it. I checked and checked then match up each physical ticket I had with the stored number sets I had on my computer. They were all there except the winning ticket. Instead of the winning ticket there was the Lucky Dip ticket.

The playslip that was missing was the one which would have produced the winning ticket and given me a share of the £20m Superdraw which 4 other people had also shared. So 4 people won £5m each and I won nothing.

To add insult to injury it was one if my personal tickets which would have won, not the Syndicates tickets.

A couple of weeks later I went to see my van in the breakers yard just to make sure I hadn't left anything in it and there, under the seat, was the missing playslip which I had missed in the dark the first time. That was a kick in the guts as well.

I used to keep previous tickets, just to prove to the Syndicate that I actually did buy the tickets. So I had something like 10 weeks of previous tickets which showed that I had a history of playing that exact set of numbers week after week. But when I realised I'd missed out on the jackpot I threw everything out and withdrew from the Syndicate. Months later I realised that it might have been a story I could sell to a Newspaper but for the fact that I'd thrown out all the proof.

Still a little sick telling this story.. :(

Last edited:
Long story.

I used to be a parcel courier but also ran the Depot's lottery syndicate. In addition to which I used to play my own numbers as well. Both I and the Syndicate decided we would never change our numbers, so consequently I had a set of playslips which I would take to the retailer every Saturday (this was before the Weds draw and the Euro millions came into being).

I used to keep the playslips in my van. Anyway, on one Wednesday night (it was a Nov 5th, Bonfire night) my van was stolen from outside my house. Then on the Friday night at about 11pm I got a call from the cops that they'd found my van abandoned, with the engine missing, on the edge of some Industrial Estate in Erith.

I went there straight away. It was dark and deserted. Whoever had stolen my van had searched through it and strewn the contents of the glove box - including my lottery play slips - all over the floor and seats of the van.

I grabbed what I could, work coat, papers, playslips, sack barrow - basically anything salvageable I could find - and just got the hell out of there. On Saturday I worked the morning then arranged to get my van recovered, phoned the insurance etc.

It was about 7.15 that I went to the shop to put on the Lottery for me and the Syndicate. I was expecting to hand over £100 but the lady said £95. There was a playslip missing. I didn't know which one and had no time to go home to check. So I just got a £5 Lucky Dip instead.

I had the Syndicate's and my numbers stored on my computer and on the Sunday evening when I put in the Lottery draw to check against the stored numbers the software told me one of my sets of numbers had matched all 6 numbers in the Lottery draw.

I went absolutely mad. I thought my head would burst. Once I calmed down a bit I checked through the actual tickets to find the winning ticket. But I couldn't find it. I checked and checked then match up each physical ticket I had with the stored number sets I had on my computer. They were all there except the winning ticket. Instead of the winning ticket there was the Lucky Dip ticket.

The playslip that was missing was the one which would have produced the winning ticket and given me a share of the £20m Superdraw which 4 other people had also shared. So 4 people won £5m each and I won nothing.

To add insult to injury it was one if my personal tickets which would have won, not the Syndicates tickets.

A couple of weeks later I went to see my van in the breakers yard just to make sure I hadn't left anything in it and there, under the seat, was the missing playslips which I had missed in the dark the first time. That was a kick in the guts as well.

I used to keep previous tickets, just to prove to the Syndicate that I actually did buy the tickets. So I had something like 10 weeks of previous tickets which showed that I had a history of playing that exact set of numbers week after week. But when I realised I'd missed out on the jackpot I threw everything out and withdrew from the Syndicate. Months later I realised that it might have been a story I could sell to a Newspaper but cor the fact that I'd thrown out all the proof.

Sickener :eek::eek:

You get the first 5 numbers and you need number 3 to win the jackpot.
If it's 2 or 4, it makes no difference at all.
You were not any closer to the prize than if it was number 46.

Dismissing something that makes perfect sense to anyone who applies a wee bit of logic?
Now that's nonsense.
You said one digit out makes no difference. It makes the difference between winning a few grand and winning millions.

You're no more likely to get the digit you need than the one either side of it - assuming they haven't already been drawn - but of course it makes a difference getting the number you need rather than the one either side of it..

Last edited:
Long story.

A couple of weeks later I went to see my van in the breakers yard just to make sure I hadn't left anything in it and there, under the seat, was the missing playslip which I had missed in the dark the first time. That was a kick in the guts as well.

I used to keep previous tickets, just to prove to the Syndicate that I actually did buy the tickets. So I had something like 10 weeks of previous tickets which showed that I had a history of playing that exact set of numbers week after week. But when I realised I'd missed out on the jackpot I threw everything out and withdrew from the Syndicate. Months later I realised that it might have been a story I could sell to a Newspaper but for the fact that I'd thrown out all the proof.

If that’s all true , and I’ve no reason to doubt you , I’ve no idea how you can cope still having to get up for work , Get on with life , fair play to you . It must haunt your dreams every single night in life .

I’ve had my share of bad luck when it comes to money and I do not think money makes you happy at all , however, if it gives you some freedom to spend time with loved ones or kids etc before it passes you by, that’s when it becomes invaluable ( not having to work ).

Your story would break most people , in absolutely certain of that .

Horrific .

If that’s all true , and I’ve no reason to doubt you , I’ve no idea how you can cope still having to get up for work , Get on with life , fair play to you . It must haunt your dreams every single night in life .

I’ve had my share of bad luck when it comes to money and I do not think money makes you happy at all , however, if it gives you some freedom to spend time with loved ones or kids etc before it passes you by, that’s when it becomes invaluable ( not having to work ).

Your story would break most people , in absolutely certain of that .

Horrific .
I'll be honest, I didn't take it very well. My head was fucked for a while. I was angry - really angry - and depressed for months. But at the end of the day what else can you do but go on..?

I'm of the belief that this Life is the only one I'll have, so if you don't live and carry on then the alternative is an eternity of nothing. I had no choice but to pick myself up and move on.

I don't drink or do drugs and I never will. Maybe if I was a drinker I'd have drunk myself to death. Maybe if I did drugs I'd have descended into addiction. I honestly don't know.

All I know is it was tough, a bastard of a time, but here I am and I don't feel broken..

I'll be honest, I didn't take it very well. My head was fucked for a while. I was angry - really angry - and depressed for months. But at the end of the day what else can you do but go on..?

I'm of the belief that this Life is the only one I'll have, so if you don't live and carry on then the alternative is an eternity of nothing. I had no choice but to pick myself up and move on.

I don't drink or do drugs and I never will. Maybe if I was a drinker I'd have drunk myself to death. Maybe if I did drugs I'd have descended into addiction. I honestly don't know.

All I know is it was tough, a bastard of a time, but here I am and I don't feel broken..

Did you get counselling or anything at the time pal? Even now it could help you . Every time that workday alarm goes off you must just think to yourself “ I had it, I had it, I had it “ .

I feel sick just thinking about your story man .

You said one digit out makes no difference. It makes the difference between winning a few grand and winning millions.

You're no more likely to get the digit you need than the one either side of it - assuming they haven't already been drawn - but of course it makes a difference getting the number you need rather than the one either side of it..

One digit out doesn't make a difference.
In the example I gave, it could have been number 4 or 46 it makes no difference which one it is if you need number 3.

The guy in the story is used as an example of how close he was to winning, he was no closer than someone who needed the last ball to win but ended up 15 away.

I won it during euro 2014 due schweinsteiger's last minute goal, only to find out I had to share the 100k with 18 others. I was still delighted.

Not quite the same as losing out on 1m of course

Did you get counselling or anything at the time pal? Even now it could help you . Every time that workday alarm goes off you must just think to yourself “ I had it, I had it, I had it “ .

I feel sick just thinking about your story man .
I work for myself now. I walk dogs for a living and it's something I love doing, so I quite like getting up in the morning.

I honestly don't think about it any more.

I stopped playing the Lottery for a long time but ironically I play now and I always feel I've got a chance. The odds are you have no chance of winning, but I beat those odds and would have won. So I'm always optimistic it could happen again, no matter how unlikely that is..

If I never win, well I'm doing what I want and I'm ok - that's good enough for me..

And I'm a bear and no-one can ever take that away from me - WATP :D:D

My mate claims he had the predicted the Euro millions numbers but never put it on. He gave the numbers to his mum on a bit of paper and she forgot to buy the ticket.

He gives her a really hard time about it to this day and it was about 3 or 4 years ago.

I work for myself now. I walk dogs for a living and it's something I love doing, so I quite like getting up in the morning.

I honestly don't think about it any more.

I stopped playing the Lottery for a long time but ironically I play now and I always feel I've got a chance. The odds are you have no chance of winning, but I beat those odds and would have won. So I'm always optimistic it could happen again, no matter how unlikely that is..

If I never win, well I'm doing what I want and I'm ok - that's good enough for me..

And I'm a bear and no-one can ever take that away from me - WATP :D:D

Great attitude to have mate . I know it wouldn’t be me . I’d be constantly replaying what happened over and over in my head for the rest of my days . “ why didn’t I check I had all the slips “ or “ why didn’t I shine a torch under the seat “ kind of thing .

One digit out doesn't make a difference.
In the example I gave, it could have been number 4 or 46 it makes no difference which one it is if you need number 3.

The guy in the story is used as an example of how close he was to winning, he was no closer than someone who needed the last ball to win but ended up 15 away.
A winning digit makes a difference from a losing digit.

If the losing digit is just one away from the number you needed that is going to have a psychological impact, no-one is going to be thinking about the odds of probability.

Even if you need a particular number and any other number comes up that will still make a difference but most normal people would attach significance to a number one number either side of the number you needed. That's human nature.

Great attitude to have mate . I know it wouldn’t be me . I’d be constantly replaying what happened over and over in my head for the rest of my days . “ why didn’t I check I had all the slips “ or “ why didn’t I shine a torch under the seat “ kind of thing .
Trust me mate, been there, done that.

Beat the shit out of myself for months but eventually you have to get over it.

Thinking about it now brings it back again, but I've lost people and pets I Love and that gives me a lot of perspective.

Money really isn't everything. More than likely it would be great, but not everything.

Trust me mate, been there, done that.

Beat the shit out of myself for months but eventually you have to get over it.

Thinking about it now brings it back again, but I've lost people and pets I Love and that gives me a lot of perspective.

Money really isn't everything. More than likely it would be great, but not everything.

Totally agree mate. Having lost a loved one recently , that really does eclipse anything else in life times 100. Money is really an imaginary thing that basically for me is best put to use for freedom , and time . And by that I mean simply not working 60 hours a week and waking up aged 65 having missed your kids growing up.

That would be my regret from your story - not the fact you had £4 million pounds in your hands and actually lost it , but what you could of done with that money to help people and yourself live a more relaxed life .

Totally agree mate. Having lost a loved one recently , that really does eclipse anything else in life times 100. Money is really an imaginary thing that basically for me is best put to use for freedom , and time . And by that I mean simply not working 60 hours a week and waking up aged 65 having missed your kids growing up.

That would be my regret from your story - not the fact you had £4 million pounds in your hands and actually lost it , but what you could of done with that money to help people and yourself live a more relaxed life .
Absolutely. Somewhere in a parallel Universe is a rich version of me who owns Rangers. :D:D

A winning digit makes a difference from a losing digit.

If the losing digit is just one away from the number you needed that is going to have a psychological impact, no-one is going to be thinking about the odds of probability.

Even if you need a particular number and any other number comes up that will still make a difference but most normal people would attach significance to a number one number either side of the number you needed. That's human nature.
Obviously winning and losing are different, but the emphasis here is that he was somehow closer to winning it by being one digit out when that clearly isn't the case.

It's not like the numbers are drawn in order so his was next, it could have been the furthest ball away from the scoop.

Long story.

Holy fuck :eek:

In our wee league my sons pal dad got 24 points was waiting on Wolves at the end to score to get 27 points for a share as it turned out, I got 9:confused:

Only if you sat obsessing about the win?

I played super 6 today and checked my outcome at 10pm.

Had I almost won I'd have been disappointed but I genuinely would have accepted the result as a lottery draw. Basically all iffs and butts.

Back