Super admits cheating on QoS

RTamID

ALLY McCOIST may have been a footballer by trade, but he is known for having vast knowledge in a range of different sports.

The Rangers and Scotland legend is a fan of cricket, rugby, snooker, among others, including the beautiful game

While coming to the end of his footballing career, McCoist took to the cameras to showcase his sport knowledge on popular Friday night quiz - Question of Sport.

McCoist was one of the team captains for nearly a decade between 1997 and 2006, and he established himself as a personality off the pitch as well as legend on it.

But his rival captain on the other side, John Parrot, who was a Snooker world champion, has revealed that McCoist used to sometimes deceive his opponents on the show to get the right answers.

And he was once caught out after he revealed he had the name of a certain Bulgarian high jumper written on his arm.

Speaking about McCoist’s antics, Parrot told TalkSPORT: “Honestly, you’ve never seen anything like it. He used to write the names down on his hand and everything.

“You know when someone is doing their exams in school, it was unbelievable.

“There was this female high jumper on the picture board in the last round and he was asked ‘do you know who that is?’ and he said ‘no I don’t, but I might in a minute’ and he lifted his sleeve up and her name was there.”

McCoist laughed: "You have got some memory! She was actually Bulgarian and I'll tell you how difficult it was.

"Her name started at the top of my elbow and just finished at my wrist."

Parrot revealed the Rangers hero wasn't the only one who cheated on the show as he got McCoist back years later with a similar trick.

He said: "Honestly, it was hilarious. I got him back a few years later.

"I went down early for one of the shows and they used to do the quiz between pub quiz teams and have a run through.

"I got down early and there's all the one-minute answers, and I thought 'aw yeah that'll do me!'.

"When it got to the one-minute round, McCoist was saying 'Jesus JP, you're on fire!'

"It was unbelievable, cheating taken to a whole new level."

Our media now involves lifting McCoist stories from TalkSport.
Some gig isn’t it, listen to the radio and write down the quotes. Stick it in the paper and pass it off as journalism
This!! Million percent!! Aye some gig!! Paid for?

Some gig isn’t it, listen to the radio and write down the quotes. Stick it in the paper and pass it off as journalism

So we both listened to the show I presume.

Had a laugh at him and JP talking.

I thought if they were going to run a Super story from this mornkmg it would be the fact he claimed Yorkshire puddings and Haggis may actually be nice together. The author of the article missed a huge trick there. Shame on them.

So we both listened to the show I presume.

Had a laugh at him and JP talking.

I thought if they were going to run a Super story from this mornkmg it would be the fact he claimed Yorkshire puddings and Haggis may actually be nice together. The author of the article missed a huge trick there. Shame on them.
Yeah was decent this morning, Woods saying he was a feeder! Bringing her in Killie pies and Haggis

Yeah was decent this morning, Woods saying he was a feeder! Bringing her in Killie pies and Haggis

Ally McCoist in fat abuse shame.

Ally mccoist or super to everyone other than unwashed has claimed that he would feed a women live on radio to make her 27 stone.

A spokesperson Seamus O'Reilly from Fat shame has described this incident as uncalled for and now put the wheels in motion to remove Ally from his breakfast show.

**next article**

I've gotta say, you're absolutely spot on.

Thanks to this thread ive looked up old episodes of a question of sport on youtube with emlyn hughes.

Found the 1987 xmas special.

Bernard manning is one of the guests! :eek:
Bernard would've had to learn a trade or something if active today, not a chance he could get a gig or tv exposure, be a social pariah and hounded unable to earn a living

Bernard would've had to learn a trade or something if active today, not a chance he could get a gig or tv exposure, be a social pariah and hounded unable to earn a living
Same as Rolf Harris...mind you he could've got a job as a painter.

Back