Super Ally and Sam Allardyce

davyloyal

Listening to Ally on Talksport the other morning and he mentioned that he played in the same Sunderland team as big Sam. I would never have guessed that these two played at the same time, never mind in the same team.

Any more unlikely players that played in the same team, probably one near the end of their career and the other at the start?

Listening to Ally on Talksport the other morning and he mentioned that he played in the same Sunderland team as big Sam. I would never have guessed that these two played at the same time, never mind in the same team.

Any more unlikely players that played in the same team, probably one near the end of their career and the other at the start?
I was surprised first time i heard that too.

Half the Dundee team in the early 2000s and any Scottish plodder alongside them - Lee Wilkie, Stevie Milne, Barry Smith, Dave Mackay

Bobby Murdoch and Graeme Souness at Middlesbrough. Almost seems like 2 different generations.

While we are on Souness, I raise you with his only game at Spurs where he replaced Alan Mullery, and so joined 1966 World Cup Final scorer Martin Peters, Northern Ireland legend Pat Jennings and Scottish legend Alan Gilzean, who won the League with Dundee in 1962

Allardyce was a decent Centre Half, and is only 7 years older than Ally hard though that is to believe.

If anyone can beat Brian Rowan, Ballieston Juniors and Morton with the greatest of them all, Pele at New York Cosmos, 1976 season, I tip my hat to you. Strange but true.
He was one of my dads best pals. My mum hated him because when he came back to EK my dad would go on the missing list for days. :))

Ray Wilkins and Giovanni van Bronckhorst.

Played in the same Rangers team in Alan McLaren's testimonial.

Colin Jackson and Mo Johnston.

Played together for Partick Thistle in 1982-83.

I always think MLS gives good examples of weird combinations of players because of the rules allowing certain players wages to be unlimited while the rest of the squad needs to fall under a salary cap. So there is potential for superstars to be mixed with absolute jobbers.

For example just now, Gonzalo higuain plays with Lewis Morgan which is bizarre. Bound to be bettter examples though out the last 10 years

I always think MLS gives good examples of weird combinations of players because of the rules allowing certain players wages to be unlimited while the rest of the squad needs to fall under a salary cap. So there is potential for superstars to be mixed with absolute jobbers.

For example just now, Gonzalo higuain plays with Lewis Morgan which is bizarre. Bound to be bettter examples though out the last 10 years
I sometimes watch the MLS games on a Saturday night.

The commentary on the freesports channel is mental. American guy that calls a cross a service :))

Wayne Rooney played with Davie weir at everton.

Richard gough played against Steven gerrard when he was at everton

Back