Super Ally

Great days, cracking team everything in place and a striker who just scored for fun all of the time.

McCoist is easily the best goal grabber in all my time watching Rangers, you actually took it for granted he would score a goal, doubles and hattricks would be a common thing with him.

An ultimate Rangers superstar of the era.

Arguably our best ever player.

Cheers OP, I can never get enough of watching Supers goals, I grew up hero worshipping him and he is my all time favourite player.

I can’t see that ever changing to be honest.

Who can forget the night the duo took Leeds Utd the (pride of England) apart and that was with the great Cantona in the team.
Ah ...... A game never to be forgotten.

I was at most of the games he scored in . An absolute superstar . Putting them to the sword through his whole career , his OF record is absolutely phenomenal.

Who can forget the night the duo took Leeds Utd the (pride of England) apart and that was with the great Cantona in the team.
Totally wrote us off and you could see Gough and co. we're absolutely raging and those goals were unforgettable. The break away for the second just superb. How I wish we had that team again.

• Love
Reactions: TQ3
Yep, and the famous midfield of Strachan, McAllister, Batty and Speed. And we beat them home and away.

Can’t recall but our future striker Rod Wallace may have played as well, possibly coming off the bench

Reactions: TQ3
Battered them home and away. Every pundit had us beat before the tie kicked off, then Gary Mac scored a stunner. (That goal always makes me think about the defiant roar that comes from Ibrox after the silence. It must inspire the team, and make the opposition think “Wtf? I thought we had just silenced them? Now it’s even louder!!”)
The mighty Leeds were humbled, (we may even have started their demise?) and Rangers became a Star in the Champions League logo.

I remember when Ally done his hamstring at Love Street, would have been late 80s possibly, was out for months and my dad came back from work on the Saturday morning said he had tickets for the game at Ibrox, Ally is returning but will be on the bench.

sure we played Dundee, and the bold Alistair Murdoch McCoist MBE comes off the bench, sticks the ball in the net and does this wee shuffle dance in the net! Great times!

I remember when Souness bought Mo Johnston and made Ally a sub!
When asked by the press what he thought of the move?

Quick fire Ally said he was now a judge!
Why they asked ...... Cause I'm always on the bench!
You could never keep that lad down!!!!

Back