Super Ally

Scoop

As manager I was one of his biggest critics - there was questionable decisions reported about gardening leave etc etc . However as we stand on the eve of our biggest achievement I hope that ally is honoured by us . 2012 no players , total disaray - he didn’t walk away - he took us as far as he was able - but his part in where we are can’t be understated - gerrard is getting plaudits and rightly so - but ally mccoist has played a massive part - we did the rest and went week in week out (no other support would’ve done that)
Like us all I’m so proud to be a Ger but I think a special thanks goes to Ally

He managed in circumstances no manager has or hopefully ever will lead us in. The amount of energy and bullets he must have taken in his years, and has never publicly bitched about it. I’d hate to think where we’d be as a club without him there when he was

Super Ally was a players player he would always be at the heart of a wind up and loved to play up to a crowd.
It is very rare for players like that to succeed in management.
That being said I do not believe anyone other than him could have succeeded in getting us through the initial, and probably hardest, part of our journey back, with a joke and a smile as well as a show of faith and dignity when required.
Super we salute you for that !

I genuinely believe that he was probably THE most important figure around our club during our darkest times. He galvanised the support, he fought with the authorities against the nonsense of title-stripping and his existence drew a complete link between the past, present and future.
I do not intend that to diminish the efforts of any others (particularly Sandy) but Ally stood above, and the position he was in at the time gave him a unique opportunity to be that figure and he completely stepped up to the mark.
For my dad’s generation it was Greig, and I think for mine it is Ally who is the individual who embodies the club.

Times a healer. He's my Rangers hero and when he became manager it was huge for me. How it all eventually played out hurt immensely but it was a long time ago now.

I genuinely believe that he was probably THE most important figure around our club during our darkest times. He galvanised the support, he fought with the authorities against the nonsense of title-stripping and his existence drew a complete link between the past, present and future.
I do not intend that to diminish the efforts of any others (particularly Sandy) but Ally stood above, and the position he was in at the time gave him a unique opportunity to be that figure and he completely stepped up to the mark.
For my dad’s generation it was Greig, and I think for mine it is Ally who is the individual who embodies the club.
Very eloquently and perfectly put.

He just can't help himself. No matter how fûcking terrible his dancing is.

100% legend. He definitely stands beside Greig and Walter.

As manager I was one of his biggest critics - there was questionable decisions reported about gardening leave etc etc . However as we stand on the eve of our biggest achievement I hope that ally is honoured by us . 2012 no players , total disaray - he didn’t walk away - he took us as far as he was able - but his part in where we are can’t be understated - gerrard is getting plaudits and rightly so - but ally mccoist has played a massive part - we did the rest and went week in week out (no other support would’ve done that)
Agreed, outwith the disasters that time was our Clubs darkest hours,there were snakes everywhere.It was always some comfort that we had a real Rangers man on the inside to protect our interests and maintain the link with our past.

Coisty wasn't himself during his time as our manager. The circumstances really hurt him and he struggled to maintain what makes him one of the best guys on the f*ckin' planet through it all.

He's back to his best these days. On the Scottish Football Extra show they always do a quiz at the end, and he was asked who had the shortest reign as Rangers manager.

"It probably should have been me" he laughed, telling me he's got to a good place with it all.

And I love that he has.

First poster on my wall hat trick hero 1983/84 - since then synonymous with the club - your right a hero

The manager I was one of his biggest critics - there was questionable decisions reported about gardening leave etc etc . However as we stand on the eve of our biggest achievement I hope that ally is honoured by us . 2012 no players , total disaray - he didn’t walk away - he took us as far as he was able - but his part in where we are can’t be understated - gerrard is getting plaudits and rightly so - but ally mccoist has played a massive part - we did the rest and went week in week out (no other support would’ve done that)
I'm so proud of Ally, and through all the turmoil of the last decade the one constant is he still loves the club, he's definitely one of the Rangers family, and a wonderful human being, a true legend. WATP

Back