Super v Gazza 96 cup final

Super or Gazza?

• McCoist

Votes: 110 90.2%
  • Gascoigne

Votes: 12 9.8%

• Total voters

WinkieWATP

Clash just before half time where Coisty took exception to something Gazza said. Bit of handbags on the pitch which carried on into the dressing room at HT before Walter sorted it out.

Had it came to blows where would you put your money?:))

BTW Gazza came out and put in a second half performance that was up there with the sheep 8iar game Imo.

Last edited:
Great game. Super doing what super does, Gazza doing what Gazza does, Neil McCann gave us a torrid time down our right flank.

The McCoist/Gazza exchange was two winners wanting to win. Gazza showed his genius in that second half. I always loved McCoist telling the tale of how he knew to shut up when Walter was angry, Gazza didn’t and ended up pinned to the dressing room wall with a look of fear in his eyes as Walter raged. It all worked out in the end. Legends.

nintchdbpict000000892554.jpg

Clash just before half time where Coisty took exception to something Gazza said. Bit of handbags on the pitch which carried on into the dressing room at HT before Walter sorted it out.

Had it came to blows where would you put your money?:))

BTW Gazza came out and put in a second half performance that was up there with the sheep 8iar game Imo.

They kissed and made up at Tannadice.

Think McCoist was solid and hard. Gazza was solid and strong himself but I just think McCoist had a nasty streak to him. He used to fight with Richard Gough all the time in training and big Goughy was no shrinking violet

McCoist would throw Gascoigne about like an empty tracksuit in a fight situation, and Gazza was a strong boy as well.

It's well documented about Supers mean streak and he was not to be messed with.

I remember listening to this one on the radio and buzzing to get home to watch the highlights. Neil McCann was some player on his day btw
When a domestic player is causing you that much consistent grief then you just need to sign him up.

Pretty sure Advocaat when straight to the board after a game at Ibrox when again McCann gave us a rough time. 2-2 draw in driving sleet if I remember correctly.

Archie Knox took Gazza upstairs to the bar and made him drink x2 double brandy's...whatever works
I'm sure that's the game where its rumoured Gazza marched up to the bar in full kit before the match and downed a double in front of the Hearts board.

I'm sure that's the game where its rumoured Gazza marched up to the bar in full kit before the match and downed a double in front of the Hearts board.
I've always took that story with a pinch of salt.

I doubt Gazza knew the inner workings of the Piggery from the dressing room to a hospitality bar. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

A wee word on this one.
The amateurish antics of these two could have cost us that day.
Both could have been ordered off for the “skirmish”.

A wee word on this one.
The amateurish antics of these two could have cost us that day.
Both could have been ordered off for the “skirmish”.
McCoist had clearly had enough of Gascoignes shit, in my opinion only one man was acting the amateur and it wasn't Super.

Even though the eventual outcome was good for us that day, that whole episode was an early insight into where Gazza was and where he was heading. Especially with the famous story about the alcohol.

When a domestic player is causing you that much consistent grief then you just need to sign him up.

Pretty sure Advocaat when straight to the board after a game at Ibrox when again McCann gave us a rough time. 2-2 draw in driving sleet if I remember correctly.
I think that was the game with the orange ball.

that was in Walter’s final season. 2-2, last minute equaliser from Albertz from a deflected free kick. Bjorklund arsed up for the second hearts goal, Goram arsed up for the first albeit it was a stunning finish from McCann

Back