Superb Achievement!

Meo-meomeomy

Just a wee quote from David Marshall, one of the Heart and Hand boys, from their new look website:

“ Whatever else happens tonight, I implore everyone at some point to just take the moment in. We’ve came an incredible way in a relatively short amount of time and there was a period where we didn’t know if we would have our team to support, never mind playing at this level.”

Too right. Absolutely superb to be playing Braga tonight in round 32. From where we were to here!? It’s actually an astounding achievement. Title 55 is coming soon. This year? (Who knows? - nothing is decided yet), next year? But it’s coming.

We should be delighted with where we are - and where we’re headed. We are sooo lucky to have Steven Gerrard at the helm. Back him - and back the boys.

We are three recent poor results away from being utterly ecstatic about our position

But

We are rangers. Our standards should never drop. It’s not about where we were, it’s where we are and where we are going.

Here’s to 55

NOBODY can have an issue with our European form over the last 2 years.
I’ve come to the point now where I enjoy watching us in Europe because we look so comfortable on the ball. I’ve watched much more talented Rangers teams over the years that could barely string a few passes together.
I love Rangers and I love European Thursday nights watching Rangers :))

Agreed.

I've been very critical of Gerrard recently but we've came further in Europe than I thought possible when he took over.

It's important we stick with the team tonight all the way.. this is a proper team we're up against.

The european runs are something we could only dream of only a few years ago. We are heading in the right direction, I just hope domestically it's sooner than it looks.

OK he's got me!

I was ambivalent about tonight but I'm starting to get a little more enthused.

Kudos to David Marshall, although I always suspected he was Big Buff in FF!

Just a wee quote from David Marshall, one of the Heart and Hand boys, from their new look website:

“ Whatever else happens tonight, I implore everyone at some point to just take the moment in. We’ve came an incredible way in a relatively short amount of time and there was a period where we didn’t know if we would have our team to support, never mind playing at this level.”

Too right. Absolutely superb to be playing Braga tonight in round 32. From where we were to here!? It’s actually an astounding achievement. Title 55 is coming soon. This year? (Who knows? - nothing is decided yet), next year? But it’s coming.

We should be delighted with where we are - and where we’re headed. We are sooo lucky to have Steven Gerrard at the helm. Back him - and back the boys.

This is absolutely where I am.

I have had absolutely no expectations from European nights as it was not long ago I never thought I'd see them again.

It's too easy to forget how much we have come on in the last 18months . Recent form has been frustrating but to even be in a knockout European game and challenging for the league has been an achievement for the team ,the support management and directors. We could easily not have been here. Let's enjoy the night and get behind the team.
We also have to remember how much is trying to be addressed off the park as well.

The whole club is finally pulling and moving in the same direction and making progress with every passing day.

WATP

We are three recent poor results away from being utterly ecstatic about our position

But

We are rangers. Our standards should never drop. It’s not about where we were, it’s where we are and where we are going.

Here’s to 55

Birthday card pish I'm afraid.

We went from sitting at the top table in Europe to the third division but you think our standards haven't changed?

Correct we are very lucky to have Stevie G , think most of us are disappointed we did not carry on with our pre-winter break form after the winter break, hopefully get a result tonight and kick on

When it’s put like that you realise how easy it sometimes is to forget just how bad things were. Here’s hoping tonight is a great game and we get a couple of goals

Great post. We’ve went from the nuclear disaster of progress to going up against teams like Porto and Feyenoord and not fearing them. We’ve a good record against Portuguese teams let’s hope it’s another magical European night.

We should have had the first trophy of the season in the bag which would have taken away a bit of the pressure. Even if we end up not winning anything this year I hope Gerrard stays for at least another year.

We’ve been amazing in Europe, but have fallen short domestically.

However, SG has reapplied the traditional standards and the whole team is at least working towards them.

We are moving in the right direction

Superb post

I’ve come to the point now where I enjoy watching us in Europe because we look so comfortable on the ball. I’ve watched much more talented Rangers teams over the years that could barely string a few passes together.
Brilliant mate, feel the same

Correct we are very lucky to have Stevie G , think most of us are disappointed we did not carry on with our pre-winter break form after the winter break, hopefully get a result tonight and kick on
I actually think he's lucky to have us. What a club and opportunity to break your management duck. But that's just me

OP's sentiment is absolutely spot on.

However, it will matter f*ck all to most on here in three hours time if we lose because some folk can never appreciate the bigger picture.

Couldn’t have said it better myself......on European nights I can just switch off and enjoy our football but on league duty it’s a nightmare to watch not knowing what rangers turn up or sustain good form for 90 minutes

It's too easy to forget how much we have come on in the last 18months . Recent form has been frustrating but to even be in a knockout European game and challenging for the league has been an achievement for the team ,the support management and directors. We could easily not have been here. Let's enjoy the night and get behind the team.
100 % mate

Whilst nights like last night that will justifiably go down as a genuine achievement for Rangers in the sense that the team finally showed against quality opposition, the potential that is undoubtedly there.

But the performance also left a sense of frustration about what might have been domestically. if only the team hadn't inexplicably lost during the last few weeks all resemblance to the side that sat confidently atop of the SPL prior to the winter break. I can't help thinking if we had managed to maintain our pre-break form and then had a result like Braga, what a season we would be having!

Let's roar these boys on in our next league game eh Bears!! Give them the backing they need to re discover our pre january form.

Excellent result winning both legs. Good ball by Hagi but Kent did brilliant to get in and finish it. He is a big game player.

Goldson and Edmundson were solid too.

Back