Superb Photos of Britain's goal posts

I couldn't tell you the last time I seen kids playing street football.

Technology has a lot to answer for
Not just that but also the increased number of cars & grumpy, torn faced feckers! I've had to chin a neighbour who was out trying move my son (& pals) telling them "away & play at your bit" - he was 20 yards from his front door!

We've all played on a park like Beeston, Leeds. I remember one as a kid that was like playing on a 45 degree sideways slope.

I take my dog to a park every day which has two full size football pitches complete with goalposts, yet I hardly ever see any kids playing football on them, even at weekends, very sad.

Kids in our estate still paly football regularly round at the play park, they have even painted goals on someones 6ft garden fence. Having said that, thank feck its not my fence they are rattling with a ball constantly !!

The Torygeln one is really sad. Seeing a pitch with goalposts was some sort of Nirvana for kids not so long ago. It's almost unthinkable for most of us to think kids wouldn't be using a pitch and goalposts (proper goalposts!) at every chance they could.

Not sure of the full story though, maybe council closure, fenced it up etc Which wouldn't be a huge shock...

When I was a kid we used to go to a high schools playing fields, a posh school so no football goals. They had hockey goals with nets! Perfect size for pint sized superstars.

We've all played on a park like Beeston, Leeds. I remember one as a kid that was like playing on a 45 degree sideways slope.
Our BB used to play on a pitch similar to this against the Carmyle BB (near the river?). I was the goalie and it was a bit surreal watching the other team piling down the hill towards me. :( I don't think we ever beat them. They always used to manage to kick downhill in the second half and cancel out any lead we had from the first half. Amazing the things you remember from about 40 years ago..... :)

I remember we used to have a big sidey. Sometimes well over 10 a side. My Son and his mates is all 5 a sides now. There's no random sideys at all now where I stay.

Back