Supercup refereed by a woman

Her sex didn't matter whatsoever, she still managed to get decisions wrong. Penalty? Never.
The goal keeper makes contact with the player, and is not getting the ball. It's a foul and a penalty. VAR checked it and said no clear and obvious error. IE there was contact and it was a reasonable penalty.

She knew the rule and implemented it. You might have an issue more with the rule rather than the officiating.

It doesn’t matter if it’s a man or woman as long as the referee is fair there is no issue. I don’t see why there would be in the first place.

I always laugh that Aberdeen consider the Super Cup, which is basically a friendly, their most important game ever

She got penalty wrong...and strangely VAR didn't help her at all. For the Chelsea fans on here what contact was there? Can you show me as 15-20 replays last night showed zero contact and zero foul play.

Had a decent game overall.

match-official-manuela-nicolosi-during-the-uefa-super-cup-final-at-picture-id1161631252

Lineswoman looked fit there

Disappointed at the lack of pics here :)

She got penalty wrong...and strangely VAR didn't help her at all. For the Chelsea fans on here what contact was there? Can you show me as 15-20 replays last night showed zero contact and zero foul play.

Had a decent game overall.

I thought she had a very decent game. My initial call at the penalty from my armchair was that it was a penalty. When I eventually saw the move via the camera at the other side of the ground, it clearly wasn't. I was surprised that VAR did not examine that view. Other than that, she did well.

Haven’t read the thread and can’t be bothered. She had a good game last night.

Assistants are a pain in the arse allowing clear offsides to play out before flagging but only following orders.

The goal keeper makes contact with the player, and is not getting the ball. It's a foul and a penalty. VAR checked it and said no clear and obvious error. IE there was contact and it was a reasonable penalty.

She knew the rule and implemented it. You might have an issue more with the rule rather than the officiating.
Open to interpretation but I watched the same replays and saw no contact, obviously you saw the opposite. Abraham went down like Ryan Christie imo.

I always laugh that Aberdeen consider the Super Cup, which is basically a friendly, their most important game ever

It wasn't treated as a friendly at the time when they competed in it. Friendlies these days are treated far differently than they once were. With the amount of money nowadays in the top level game, prestige no longer matters. That was not always the case.

Open to interpretation but I watched the same replays and saw no contact, obviously you saw the opposite. Abraham went down like Ryan Christie imo.
Abraham went down far too easily you're right and he's already on the way down when he's touched.

If that wasn't given for us though I'd go absolutely mental ha!

Abraham went down far too easily you're right and he's already on the way down when he's touched.

If that wasn't given for us though I'd go absolutely mental ha!
True, as soon as you, I or anyone has a partisan interest then it's always a penalty. As an aside , didn't have any issues with officials being female, simply wasn't particularly impressed by their performances.

She had a pretty good game tbh. Even though it wasn't a penalty, I can see why she gave it. Abraham didn't have to wait long for Karma to find him.

I also thought Alexander-Arnold's booking was a tad harsh.

Impossible! Their knees are too weak for running and they don't have the emotional capacity to handle the sounds of clapping and whirring of the television cameras. They lack the emotional fortitude to stay in one place for ninety minutes, and will be doing their hair and calling for a pedicure as the match goes on. What's more, if it rains the light may reflect off of the ball and cause the irrational womanfolk to be distracted by a glimmer of light. It'll never take off.
I thought you were talking about the elephants

Back