Superstitious Bear

GVB2022

Sorry, I don’t mean to be on a downer, not at all!!

I am just as excited and nervous as any on here for Wednesday.

But can we please stop the “What if..?” Threads. It feels really presumptuous and doesn’t sit well with me at all.

Let’s see how we get on first before we start calling out heroes, best ever captains etc.

Good luck to the whole squad on Wednesday. Will be backing you all the way. WATP :)

I try to stay out those threads. Hate tempting fate.

We can do it! It’s the fear of not that’s driving me nuts. Result of being a control freak probably.

On the subject of superstitious bears, anyone mind the poster that said if he ever turned on one of their games on the radio, or noticed their score on his phone etc and they were losing, he'd turn it off and lie on the kitchen floor in silence until he knew the match would be finished, even if he'd checked after 5 minutes and they were losing.

He said his wife would walk in and make a cup of tea, or put the shopping away etc, with him just lying on the floor in silence :D

I haven't shaved since the Dortmund game and am 100% convinced we're on our way due to my lucky beard.

Have wobbled a few times but the kids and Mrs have kepty me on the straight and narrow.

We'll lift the trophy, no doubt whatsoever.

Then it's off with this itchy bastard forever ( & ever ).

On the same subject again, there's a poster on this board that hasn't watched a single one of our Euro knock-out games this season, and because we've won each tie, isn't going to watch the final either (despite being free to watch it).

Instead, he'll rely on updates from Bet365 and the match thread on here!

Imagine not watching the game on Wednesday ffs o_O

On the subject of superstitious bears, anyone mind the poster that said if he ever turned on one of their games on the radio, or noticed their score on his phone etc and they were losing, he'd turn it off and lie on the kitchen floor in silence until he knew the match would be finished, even if he'd checked after 5 minutes and they were losing.

He said his wife would walk in and make a cup of tea, or put the shopping away etc, with him just lying on the floor in silence :D
There was a guy on the other day saying he won't watch the final because it's bad luck for him to watch our games on the tv. It's either in person or he’ll follow text updates (maybe radio too I can't remember)

Lol … that is mental :)

Guy obviously had a flair for the dramatic. I'll get my coat.

I haven't shaved since the Dortmund game and am 100% convinced we're on our way due to my lucky beard.

Have wobbled a few times but the kids and Mrs have kepty me on the straight and narrow.

Then you'll be the cause of us losing the Super Cup, bit selfish beardy.

"i've got a linebacker that hasn't washed his jockey strap for two years because he thinks flies are lucky"

I'm watching it at home on my phone. Off work and no early morning driving means I could head to the pub but I've watched every other game on my phone at home or at work so not changing now.
3-0 up at half time and will head out tho.

Then you'll be the cause of us losing the Super Cup, bit selfish beardy.
And next years Champions League.
Don't go near the razor.

I'm watching it at home on my phone. Off work and no early morning driving means I could head to the pub but I've watched every other game on my phone at home or at work so not changing now.
3-0 up at half time and will head out tho.
Do you not own a television mate B-)

And next years Champions League.
Don't go near the razor.
May 2023

14153206-0-image-a-18_1559227577189.jpg

Do you not own a television mate B-)
55" upgraded to 65" on Wednesday. BT Sport app on my phone tho that won't cast and watch quite a few games on nights at work. At home I watch in mancave/smokeroom mostly which is just a wee boxroom. I know I can stream free youtube to the tv but my phone has been lucky.

55" upgraded to 65" on Wednesday. BT Sport app on my phone tho that won't cast and watch quite a few games on nights at work. At home I watch in mancave/smokeroom mostly which is just a wee boxroom. I know I can stream free youtube to the tv but my phone has been lucky.
Was just messing mate - get that game watched on yer phone.

To add to it, the same group of 3 of us have watched every away game together on the tee and been at every home game. When the other 2 booked to go I of course told my work to %^*& off cause I couldn’t break the cycle :))

Was just messing mate - get that game watched on yer phone.

To add to it, the same group of 3 of us have watched every away game together on the tee and been at every home game. When the other 2 booked to go I of course told my work to %^*& off cause I couldn’t break the cycle :))
My missus and my shift partner are getting used to big shouts of YASSSSSS from the next room/mash house. He'll no like them if we're on shift for the super cup and we play the scousers tho. :))

Back