Superstore Now Open - All Questions and Initial Thoughts and Experience Here

I was over today and although the shelves weren't full there was still plenty of stuff to buy, the training gear in particular is top notch
Can’t help feeling that we missed a trick by not selling face masks tho

I was going to go through tomorrow before the game but just heard there’s nothing left in a XL size.

Gutted.

I’ve got holiday money burning a hole in my wallet which I was prepared to spend between me and the wee man. If you’re not fast you’re last right enough.

Ive been critical of Castore on the other thread due to delivery and sizing but when you see items flying off the shelves, during a pandemic and when it’s their first involvement with football, I think they’ve done a tremendous job.

Lessons will be learnt which can only be a good thing for us going forward.

I was over today and although the shelves weren't full there was still plenty of stuff to buy, the training gear in particular is top notch
Can’t help feeling that we missed a trick by not selling face masks tho
They could have sold thousands of face masks

The good thing is Castore are data driven so they will have the numbers punched in for next year.

They didn’t have previous figures to go off of, at least they’ll have that data at their disposal now - and a full year of preparation.

Fans are forgetting this deal was announced only 3 months ago. Delivering over 100,000 jerseys and a ton of other training/leisure wear is phenomenal.

See this shite though. I can't be bothered with that. These guys would have been well aware that as a fan base we Hoover up the training gear also. It happened with Hummel as well. Couldn't keep up with demand for training gear. What then happens is a few months down the line most products are made by which time the massive appeal to go out and buy the gear is lost as other priorities like Christmas are upon us.
You do realise it’s just a bit of a ‘Early Covid toilet roll’ situation?

Will be sold out for a week or two, but it’ll calm down and they’ll be plenty for all.

See this shite though. I can't be bothered with that. These guys would have been well aware that as a fan base we Hoover up the training gear also. It happened with Hummel as well. Couldn't keep up with demand for training gear. What then happens is a few months down the line most products are made by which time the massive appeal to go out and buy the gear is lost as other priorities like Christmas are upon us.

They had approx 3 months to create everything though & supply it. During a global pandemic which would’ve shut the Bengali sweatshops down.

A bit of a reality check is required.

Why can’t people get strips & training gear for Christmas?

Any idea what time the sale/pre order will start on Monday ?. I'm nightshift on the Sunday so will need to get the Mrs to order me one on the Monday morning
It says
"All three kits will be available to order or pre-order on the Rangers online shop during week commencing Monday 10 August."

I think that means it'll be sometime during the week, doesn't specifically say that it'll be tomorrow.

Think I’m going to take a drive over today for opening, wonder what the queue will be like
If it's anything like yesterday it will be busy . I was there about 9.15 and was half way along the Sandy Jardine stand. And that was 45 mins before opening.

They had approx 3 months to create everything though & supply it. During a global pandemic which would’ve shut the Bengali sweatshops down.

A bit of a reality check is required.

Why can’t people get strips & training gear for Christmas?

It's all very 'me, me, me. I want it 5 minutes ago and if I don't I'm going to throw my toys out the pram.'

If it's anything like yesterday it will be busy . I was there about 9.15 and was half way along the Sandy Jardine stand. And that was 45 mins before opening.

For my own personal gain I hope its a bit quieter today! Must admit, I do find the tactic of attracting supporters towards the stadium today with a kick off at 3o’clock in the stadium rather strange! I expect small crowds at either gate

Before I get flamed I have googled and trawled this forum....

Can someone advise on the sizing for the castore gear?

My son was a small male in the home top last season (hummel) and medium in the training gear.

I bought the XL because I hate skintight tops.

Is the sizing similar to hummel?

I'm going to take a cycle over this morning and see what's what, tried yesterday but was to late to get in, sure I heard someone say they were getting a delivery in last night but now assume this is 3rd top.

For my own personal gain I hope its a bit quieter today! Must admit, I do find the tactic of attracting supporters towards the stadium today with a kick off at 3o’clock in the stadium rather strange! I expect small crowds at either gate
Yeah, I said the same last night. There will surely be a crowd of folk standing out the front of Ibrox waiting for the players. Should be doing there best to avoid having crowds just now.

My son was a small male in the home top last season (hummel) and medium in the training gear.

I'm a large, compared to last year's top I find the fit slightly tighter around the chest and shoulders - and it's also a bit longer in the body. But I think the same size as last year should be fine for most.

Yeah, I said the same last night. There will surely be a crowd of folk standing out the front of Ibrox waiting for the players. Should be doing there best to avoid having crowds just now.
If folk are outside and 2m apart then there is no issue. There will surely be police, security at the front gates to stop groups congregating.

They are well aware of the demand and even more knowing the fat man has gone, don't know how you can say they have no recent figures or sales to compare, Puma for a start and Hummel were producing for two years along with Elite. We had the same problem when the Puma strips were released and the same problem when the Hummel kit was released, all the popular sizes were sold out and no stock left and people waiting weeks for things to be restocked. Lockdown can't be blamed for lack of stock, there was no pandemic or lockdown when Hummel were here, yet they ran out of stock very early. Pretty obvious that not enough is being produced.

There have also been a few people on here who have bought Castore tops and i haven't seen one person moaning about it not fitting by being too small/tight or big, they obviously have their own stuff spot on size wise, which leads me to believe our football stuff isn't being produced by the same company that produces Castores own brand of clothing. I'm pretty sure the football stuff is produced in the Czech republic.

there is a label in the kit that says made in China

How many of the 3rd kits do we think might be available today ? I know they said limited numbers , but what do we think maybe a few hundred or so ?

My size in the Hummel and Castore kit is exactly the same mate.

They got a delivery yesterday morning and by about 1:39 when I was in they had very little large and XL etc.
I'm going to take a cycle over this morning and see what's what, tried yesterday but was to late to get in, sure I heard someone say they were getting a delivery in last night but now assume this is 3rd top.

Get a measuring tape out and write down your measurements. The sizing guide is on the online store.!

Going to head over this morning to try and get my hands on the 3rd top.

Anyone that’s queued before, what time you think I’m best heading over at?

Get a measuring tape out and write down your measurements. The sizing guide is on the online store.!

My home shirt is Shipyard Size and a great fit, doesn't enhance my moobs as much as Hummel gear did but you can't have everything lol

Confident now to make a load more fat bassa purchases

don’t mean to be cheeky but have you seen the queues? No wonder they are running out of stock.

This. Plus when i was in folk were getting 3 or 4 items at a time. I ended up getting 8 different things in total and if you think of the queues literally round the stadium day after day and online, it's no wonder they are selling out.

Going to head over this morning to try and get my hands on the 3rd top.

Anyone that’s queued before, what time you think I’m best heading over at?

With 45 mins until shop opening it was over half way on the Sandy Jardine yesterday

The negativity on this board the last week, despite so many positives, (new signings, rid of Ashley, win at the weekend), is soul destroying. One ticket one entry, moan, moan, moan, did people miss the f*cking pandemic? The shop is piss, there's joiners still working in those pictures, it's not even finished. Admin should start giving the serial moaners a time out.
People moaning about people moaning, are even worse! :cool:

Back