Supporter last night

jonesy8

Was just wondering if anyone had any details on the condition of the bear that collapsed last night in dumbreck road? ambulance was there performing CPR when we left, hope the guy is ok, my thoughts are with him and his family, his son was with him.

There was also a supporter being wheeled by on a stretcher by paramedics at Govan West corner 10 mins before kick off. Hope the guy is ok.

There was also a supporter being wheeled by on a stretcher by paramedics at Govan West corner 10 mins before kick off. Hope the guy is ok.
Think this may be the supporter who had collapsed on the concourse of Govan Front. Looked (from an unobtrusive distance) as though they were conscious as those originally in attendance seemed to be talking to them. Best wishes to both obviously

Was just wondering if anyone had any details on the condition of the bear that collapsed last night in dumbreck road? ambulance was there performing CPR when we left, hope the guy is ok, my thoughts are with him and his family, his son was with him.

I was there also, hoping to here some positive news but it didn't look great as the guy wasn't breathing.

If anyone has any update from the bear at cessnock please let me know, I know his name but don’t really want to post it just Incase anyone takes offence.

Think this may be the supporter who had collapsed on the concourse of Govan Front. Looked (from an unobtrusive distance) as though they were conscious as those originally in attendance seemed to be talking to them. Best wishes to both obviously

Guy that sits beside us said it was a fella from the Granite City RSC who had taken a seizure outside(we sit in the GF)

There was also a fan lying unconscious and recieving oxygen at the pie stall in the broomloan rear concourse 5 minutes before kick off, hope all fans spoken about on the thread are ok.

I’ve heard that it appears to be bad news on both lads, one in cessnock and one in urrdale, sad news indeed, both didn’t make it

Guy that sits beside us said it was a fella from the Granite City RSC who had taken a seizure outside(we sit in the GF)
Daughter is on Twitter saying he is fine now ;)

“He took a wee while to come through, but we got out the treatment room just after the 70th minute, and he came back down to his seat and left 5 minutes earlier to get out of all the queues, he’s just exhausted now though. I cannot thank you enough! It means so much!”

Gutted at that, I knew it was going to be the news but kept hoping somehow there would be a positive outcome.

RIP fellow bears.

I don’t know if it’s the same incident but a boy from fife who moved to Yorkshire died at the game on Wednesday. Only know this because he was originally from the same village as myself.

Just had a read through the thread seems like there was a few boy taken not well on Wednesday. RIP fellow bears.

Last edited:
I’ve heard that it appears to be bad news on both lads, one in cessnock and one in urrdale, sad news indeed, both didn’t make it

Gutted but was expecting bad news unfortunately.

Thoughts with both sets of families.

Wish I hadn’t opened this thread it’s put me on a downer,maybe losing 2 fellow Bears in one night is an absolute nightmare

ffs absolutely tragic, feel for the family, his son did everything he could for his dad , what a terrible thing to go through.

ffs absolutely tragic, feel for the family, his son did everything he could for his dad , what a terrible thing to go through.

If you're talking about the incident on Urrdale, his son was unbelievable.

Stayed calmer than most would in that situation and followed the instructions of the first aider on the phone.

Such a shame what happened. RIP.

If you're talking about the incident on Urrdale, his son was unbelievable.

Stayed calmer than most would in that situation and followed the instructions of the first aider on the phone.

Such a shame what happened. RIP.

yes mate, same incident, feel for the family but especially for the son what a thing to go through. my thoughts are with them.

That's absolutely awful news.

If that's confirmed, then my thoughts and prayers are with the families at this horrible time.

Very sad turn of events

There was also a fan lying unconscious and recieving oxygen at the pie stall in the broomloan rear concourse 5 minutes before kick off, hope all fans spoken about on the thread are ok.
Seen that, was an old woman I'm sure hope shes Ok, not something you want to see at the fitba wee shame.

Back