Supporters Club And New Membership Scheme.

A tenner each over a season is only like 50p a game. Or am I missing something?

You soon will be...

SCO-CLY-10-Front.png

:))

I take it this wasn't mentioned at the previous meeting when all the information was leaked about the membership scheme.

The digs at supporters clubs is embarrassing on this site.

It’s unreal mate. The work it’s takes to run a supporters club and provide a service for fans is now just gonna get a lot harder to run. A lot of boys may just decide it ain’t worth the hassle and pull the plug

I love rangers football club, I really do but it seems here they are just throwing out everything they can to get more and more money from us by any way they can see possible.

A massive change like this should not be happening until we are all able to have a meeting with clubs represented and being able to pass back all the info to our own supporters clubs

Our club is based down south. We charge a tenner a year renewals, 15 quid new members. We are cat C. The fees we charge help buy another couple of season tickets for club use on top of the season tickets some of us members have. I guess we'll have to raise our fees to cover this which is a bit of a kick in the teeth considering we've lost money on the season tickets we have and most probably on the renewals.

I get the club needs revenue but this just feels wrong to me.

Am I reading it right, that someone who buys RTV could end up with more points than someone who actually travels to away European games?

I’m just totally lost with it all

the club make more money from you buying RTV than they do by you going to an away game.

Our club is based down south. We charge a tenner a year renewals, 15 quid new members. We are cat C. The fees we charge help buy another couple of season tickets for club use on top of the season tickets some of us members have. I guess we'll have to raise our fees to cover this which is a bit of a kick in the teeth considering we've lost money on the season tickets we have and most probably on the renewals.

I get the club needs revenue but this just feels wrong to me.

We are based in Northern Ireland. Our fees and dues help keep the price as low as possible for members to travel to games. Currently it’s only £42 for a member to travel with us and that’s for your bus and boat. A member gets £15 cheaper than an outsider travelling with us.

With this bloody virus it’s a cert that travel prices will now rise next season, adding on this extra registration fee, it’s gonna be financially strainful for us and may have to up our fees, in a time where a lot of folk can’t afford it. Rangers really haven’t thought on the ordinary working class fanbase here

We are based in Northern Ireland. Our fees and dues help keep the price as low as possible for members to travel to games. Currently it’s only £42 for a member to travel with us and that’s for your bus and boat. A member gets £15 cheaper than an outsider travelling with us.

With this bloody virus it’s a cert that travel prices will now rise next season, adding on this extra registration fee, it’s gonna be financially strainful for us and may have to up our fees, in a time where a lot of folk can’t afford it. Rangers really haven’t thought on the ordinary working class fanbase here

It's going to be a nightmare. If BA pull out of Gatwick air fares will no doubt fares go up with Easyjet and flight times will no doubt cause us issues. Trains will have to be booked well in advance to get a deal and then you hope any tv moves will be generous.

We really need our agm to determine how things can operate for us going forward and how many are renewing etc. Going to have to be a zoom meeting :)

It's going to be a nightmare. If BA pull out of Gatwick air fares will no doubt fares go up with Easyjet and flight times will no doubt cause us issues. Trains will have to be booked well in advance to get a deal and then you hope any tv moves will be generous.

We really need our agm to determine how things can operate for us going forward and how many are renewing etc. Going to have to be a zoom meeting :)

Can you have 70 on zoom at the one time lol

I used to tick for away games on my season ticket form and give them to the guys that went "every week" as I chucked them in 2016. As I understand it, it will now be cheaper for me to personally cover this £10 "fee" to my RSC to have an "extra" chance of away tickets rather than cough up £50 for membership for the same thing???

It’s unreal mate. The work it’s takes to run a supporters club and provide a service for fans is now just gonna get a lot harder to run. A lot of boys may just decide it ain’t worth the hassle and pull the plug

I love rangers football club, I really do but it seems here they are just throwing out everything they can to get more and more money from us by any way they can see possible.

A massive change like this should not be happening until we are all able to have a meeting with clubs represented and being able to pass back all the info to our own supporters clubs
RSC’s in NI are more than just a vehicle to get to games, they are part of their communities like Orange Halls etc.
Especially the larger ones with there own social clubs, members need to meet and discuss there way forward.

RSC’s in NI are more than just a vehicle to get to games, they are part of their communities like Orange Halls etc.
Especially the larger ones with there own social clubs, members need to meet and discuss there way forward.

100% mate, there are some great clubs with brilliant premises such as clough, larne, carrick to name only a few. They will be struggling as it is to keep their premises going in these uncertain times never mind having to now pay registration fees or asking their members to pay it.

We run from a pub, so we aren’t out any money that way of having to keep a premises going, but I fear some of these clubs may find it tough to open again. I hope I’m wrong though and they thrive again when it’s back to normal.

And as you say clubs over here are a part of the community. Just last week my club were able to raise £500 to donate to the 2 local hospitals for essential items for our NHS staff, so we are a lot more than just a supporters club

I used to tick for away games on my season ticket form and give them to the guys that went "every week" as I chucked them in 2016. As I understand it, it will now be cheaper for me to personally cover this £10 "fee" to my RSC to have an "extra" chance of away tickets rather than cough up £50 for membership for the same thing???

yes i believe so. our club members asked me the same question earlier. Our club have 4 ST’s which are split among all members so it is better for us to just pay the £40 and get 4 points as opposed to £240 (4x £50 membership and £10 RSC fee).

if i understand it correctly but again i am a bit lost with it all.

yes i believe so. our club members asked me the same question earlier. Our club have 4 ST’s which are split among all members so it is better for us to just pay the £40 and get 4 points as opposed to £240 (4x £50 membership and £10 RSC fee).

if i understand it correctly but again i am a bit lost with it all.

Tell me about it mate, I’ve gave up for the night reading through it lol

I know for a fact buses get all members to register for away tickets even if they don't want them to get access to additional tickets so you can't really tell me it isn't currently being exploited heavily.

We don't but I guess the focus of our club isn't so much away games. We were set up as a club for people to watch Rangers together down here, we're based in Croydon. We show every televised game and quite a few of us travel up for the home games. We do use our away tickets, which have been very scarce, when we get an allocation. Due to distance only 3/4 of us are actually on the away scheme.

I suppose this is different to most clubs in Scotland but probably not too much different to most clubs outside of Scotland.

£10 is going to kill off clubs? Stop being so dramatic. People on buses spend £100 on their narcotics for the trip every week, the idea they won't stump up a tenner at the start of the season to be a registered member is nonsense.

All this does is kills off ghost buses, getting tickets they aren't due over people who are genuine members of RSCs.

Would also be Interested to know if any RSC clubs on this forum were consulted before the membership scheme was introduced?

£10 is going to kill off clubs? Stop being so dramatic. People on buses spend £100 on their narcotics for the trip every week, the idea they won't stump up a tenner at the start of the season to be a registered member is nonsense.

All this does is kills off ghost buses, getting tickets they aren't due over people who are genuine members of RSCs.
We charge 20 for membership and ten of it will now go to Rangers which isn’t a problem for us.we don’t run busses obviously so the only expense we really have is tickets

We charge 20 for membership and ten of it will now go to Rangers which isn’t a problem for us.we don’t run busses obviously so the only expense we really have is tickets

You also have the option of changing your membership to £30 for the people who want tickets!

You’re right, won’t be any cheap fares from LHR. Need to book months in advance.

Talk of clubs going under due to each supporter registered having to pay £10?? Am I missing something, that's less than 20p a week, less than a price of a packet of space raiders.

If we want to be regarded as an elite club with elite status then this is pretty normal for elite clubs to do.

I'll happily give my club an extra £10 per year so they don't take the hit.

Sure all the moaning posters on here that hate Supporter clubs getting tickets ,will be happy that it's costing Supporter clubs £10 per adult member £5 for kids to join this new money grab sorry new scheme if they want to apply for tickets for games.
People can tart it up all they want but this is ripping the pish out of the fans.
It's being reduced to £5 and nothing for concessions

The problem there mate is that you won't get any individual benefits the full membership offers.

Talk of clubs going under due to each supporter registered having to pay £10?? Am I missing something, that's less than 20p a week, less than a price of a packet of space raiders.

If we want to be regarded as an elite club with elite status then this is pretty normal for elite clubs to do.

I'll happily give my club an extra £10 per year so they don't take the hit.

I think the issue the club had mate was it was an inital £600/£700( Although i know theres talk of it being £5 now) for the club to register enough members to make it worth our while in terms of how many tickets we received.

Thats on top of the money needed for the upkeep of the premises/bus costs. It all adds up mate with members already paying weekly dues/annual dues/ST money and bus fees.

Im like yourself and would happily pay but not everyone is in the same boat and theres also the principle of it on top of the timing.

I think the issue the club had mate was it was an inital £600/£700( Although i know theres talk of it being £5 now) for the club to register enough members to make it worth our while in terms of how many tickets we received.

Thats on top of the money needed for the upkeep of the premises/bus costs. It all adds up mate with members already paying weekly dues/annual dues/ST money and bus fees.

Im like yourself and would happily pay but not everyone is in the same boat and theres alao the principle of it on top of the timing.

Memberships to your rsc would rise £10/5 per year in that case to cover it, no member worth their salt will walk away from the supporters club because of it.

Rangers are clearly looking at your Chelsea's your man united ect and trying to replicate but don't charge as much as them.

If we want elite status and talk as if we are elite we must do as the elite do, extra money again to the club.

Memberships to your rsc would rise £10/5 per year in that case to cover it, no member worth their salt will walk away from the supporters club because of it.

Rangers are clearly looking at your Chelsea's your man united ect and trying to replicate but don't charge as much as them.

If we want elite status and talk as if we are elite we must do as the elite do, extra money again to the club.

So setting this scheme up and charging £10 will see us operating at elite levels?

I just think the club have failed to realise or just don't care about how important RSCs are to the club and also how unique it is compared to other clubs core support because of the RSC element.

The consensus is by Rangers charging £10 a head per your RSC member it will take the numbers down in your club as they assume a club is putting in more names and addresses to conjure more tickets ghosting which is untrue.

The RSC allocations will be less next season apparently no matter if you pay £10 or not so it seems a bit of a scam. You are paying £10 with no guarantee of a ticket.

Back