Supporters Club And New Membership Scheme.

I think a tenner is reasonable rscs get guaranteed home allocation will probably still get this more or less guaranteed before other my gers member’s no season ticket holder get to purchase before a public sale

I was an rsc member a am supportive of them but a tenner really isn’t that bad

So setting this scheme up and charging £10 will see us operating at elite levels?

I just think the club have failed to realise or just don't care about how important RSCs are to the club and also how unique it is compared to other clubs core support because of the RSC element.

It's another step to bring us in line with elite clubs yeah imo.

We charge our members £10 per year to join our club so now the money goes to Rangers instead of our RSC!

I've got a feeling we'll be the same mate.

More fundraising required by the club throughout the season.

Reactions: M@x
The consensus is by Rangers charging £10 a head per your RSC member it will take the numbers down in your club as they assume a club is putting in more names and addresses to conjure more tickets ghosting which is untrue.

The RSC allocations will be less next season apparently no matter if you pay £10 or not so it seems a bit of a scam. You are paying £10 with no guarantee of a ticket.

I don’t think home allocations will be less as a scs get to put forms in at start of each so allocation for each match will be sorted before my gers non season ticket holder sale

We're a club with premises.

Bills of tens of thousands a year.

We charge members £20 quid a year and now half of that will have it leave the club.

To be quite honest it's money we could do with going towards the running of the business without having to fork out for this.

Already looking at £1600 for season tickets with possibly no return.

Suppose if we want extra tickets for home/away games plus semi final/final tickets we have to bite the bullet and pay it.

Agree wae the RSC’s side this will fold a lot of buses who take supporters to away matches Catergory A was 50-60 members last season so instead of the RSC getting the membership fee per person that now goes to Ibrox

I saw this coming, and I just wondered if this is a subtle way RFC is trying to get less away support, for less funding to RFC haters? Just a Thought.

Agree wae the RSC’s side this will fold a lot of buses who take supporters to away matches Catergory A was 50-60 members last season so instead of the RSC getting the membership fee per person that now goes to Ibrox

Not really.

All that will happen is clubs will charge members £20. £10 to the club and £10 to the RSC

We're a club with premises.

Bills of tens of thousands a year.

We charge members £20 quid a year and now half of that will have it leave the club.

To be quite honest it's money we could do with going towards the running of the business without having to fork out for this.

Already looking at £1600 for season tickets with possibly no return.

Suppose if we want extra tickets for home/away games plus semi final/final tickets we have to bite the bullet and pay it.
Increase your bus prices per home game or ask people to pay the extra tenner. It works out at only £0.50 per home game so it’s really not that much.
if they don’t want to pay it then they’re out the pool for away games.

Talk of clubs going under due to each supporter registered having to pay £10?? Am I missing something, that's less than 20p a week, less than a price of a packet of space raiders.

If we want to be regarded as an elite club with elite status then this is pretty normal for elite clubs to do.

I'll happily give my club an extra £10 per year so they don't take the hit.
oh div behave lol

I am totally sick of folk slagging RSC's on here and the allocation we get.
A 50% allocation, in which universe is this?

Take the mentally challengeds cup final for instance. Which caused a huge debate on here at the time, with folk moaning about the amount of tickets RSC's got and getting two bites of the cherry etc. The facts are very different.
A+ got 6
A got 4
B got 3
C got 2
D got 2
E got 1
The rest nothing.

There are 148 A+ Clubs
A 69
B 27
C 36
D 35
E 187

That's 1574 tickets out of what? Roughly around 19,,000 allocation after corporate and players etc? Which is low as I am sure rangeral said at the time it was 21,000 allocation.

That works out at 8.28% of the tickets went to RSC's. or 7.49% of 21,000.

Not a lot I would suggest and a long way away from 50%.
Also going to be over £600 for us to be able to apply in future.

Rangers are ripping it now. My Gers then this it surely is one or the other ppl are paying the same
Thing twice.

If you're in MyGers and an RSC you've got two chances at an away ticket.

Why wouldn't it be the case where you have to pay for both rather than just MyGers?

Part of the reason this scheme has been created was due to the above being the case for people on the CCCS which wssnt fair to the support as a whole.

We have around 20 in our club but only 2 of us go to away games and that's the maximum allocation we get, sometimes 1, sometimes none. For next season (whenever that is) we'll need to take a tenner off everyone, so 2 of us can get away tickets. Or the both of us who go will need to pay out £100 each for a chance to get an away ticket. And again, well need to shell out £10 each if our club is to get any chance of semi/final tickets?

Supporters clubs are long standing community assets and deserve better than this from Rangers.

We have around 20 in our club but only 2 of us go to away games and that's the maximum allocation we get, sometimes 1, sometimes none. For next season (whenever that is) we'll need to take a tenner off everyone, so 2 of us can get away tickets. Or the both of us who go will need to pay out £100 each for a chance to get an away ticket. And again, well need to shell out £10 each if our club is to get any chance of semi/final tickets?

Supporters clubs are long standing community assets and deserve better than this from Rangers.

It has now been reduced to a fiver mate.

I agree on that second point but can you not see the issue with your situation? You are guaranteed a ticket almost when others would bite your hand off for a livi game. We need to get a balance

If you're in MyGers and an RSC you've got two chances at an away ticket.

Why wouldn't it be the case where you have to pay for both rather than just MyGers?

Part of the reason this scheme has been created was due to the above being the case for people on the CCCS which wssnt fair to the support as a whole.

No you don’t. You get a tiny fraction of a chance by being in an RSC.

I agree on that second point but can you not see the issue with your situation? You are guaranteed a ticket almost when others would bite your hand off for a livi game. We need to get a balance
Bite your hand off for a livy Tkt?
Can’t mind being at livy and not loads of tkts for sale.

Our bus has been left with tkts for the likes of Livy etc etc when in lower leagues.

But now Steve G is hear it’s a want a Tkt if we’re doing well.

Frustrating

No you don’t. You get a tiny fraction of a chance by being in an RSC.

Depends the RSC set up to be fair @rangersista above is almost guaranteed a ticket whereas some involved in the bigger clubs who don't game the system in anyway have a fraction of a chance.

That is part of the issue - each RSC has their own set up and rules

Bite your hand off for a livy Tkt?
Can’t mind being at livy and not loads of tkts for sale.

Our bus has been left with tkts for the likes of Livy etc etc when in lower leagues.

But now Steve G is hear it’s a want a Tkt if we’re doing well.

Frustrating

Genuinely, some fans who don't have connections to RSCs or other routes for tickets would be delighted to take any game available. I agree there were plenty of tickets going for the likes of Livi but that doesn't mean there weren't fans who would have happily take those tickets

S
Genuinely, some fans who don't have connections to RSCs or other routes for tickets would be delighted to take any game available. I agree there were plenty of tickets going for the likes of Livi but that doesn't mean there weren't fans who would have happily take those tickets
St Johnstone

We didn’t sell our full allocation once they gave us the 3rd stand again either.

Frustrating lower leagues there was constantly loads of tkts outside grounds with around a couple of thousand capacity.

Now we are hopefully challenging we are being charged for mygers and rsc membership now.

I know many many buses who took fans to all these games and out of pocket are being unfairly charged.

Anyway have a good night.

Time to chill.

S

St Johnstone

We didn’t sell our full allocation once they gave us the 3rd stand again either.

Frustrating lower leagues there was constantly loads of tkts outside grounds with around a couple of thousand capacity.

Now we are hopefully challenging we are being charged for mygers and rsc membership now.

I know many many buses who took fans to all these games and out of pocket are being unfairly charged.

Anyway have a good night.

Time to chill.

St Johnstone having tickets remaining was due to the ridiculously short turn around imposed on us due to issues on St Johnstone's end. But it is another game where I have seen RSCs looking to sell on tickets at the game

St Johnstone having tickets remaining was due to the ridiculously short turn around imposed on us due to issues on St Johnstone's end. But it is another game where I have seen RSCs looking to sell on tickets at the game
ICT Sunday lunch
Arbroath Monday night wild weather
Stranraer Thursday night
Alloa in the cup
Etc etc

Fans were left with tkts

Now it’s £10 for a chanceof a tkt
Then dropped to £5

At one stage to be a A+ club a RSC had to pay £600 now it’s £300

Is it remaining same amount for A+ club next season?

Ic

t Sunday lunch
Arbroath Monday night wild weather
Stranraer Thursday nights
Alloa in the cup
Etc etc

Fans were left with tkts

Now it’s £10 for a chanceof a tkt
Then dropped to £5

At one stage to be a A+ club a RSC had to pay £600

Is it remaining same amount for A+ club next season?

It’s maybe not the done thing but buses don’t have to take tickets if they don’t need them.

The members have to pay the fee to be registered with the bus. £5 per member for this season coming for adults and concessions and kids are free.

ST holders count as 5 registration points, MyGers members count as 1. Both you are 6.

The categories haven’t been decided for this season.

Tha
It’s maybe not the done thing but buses don’t have to take tickets if they don’t need them.

The members have to pay the fee to be registered with the bus. £5 per member for this season coming for adults and concessions and kids are free.

ST holders count as 5 registration points, MyGers members count as 1. Both you are 6.

The categories haven’t been decided for this season.

Thanks for the replies.

Have a good night

On ours it’s me and about 5/6 maybe that have a chance for everygame via point system we use

The issue is there's no cover all solution to due the demand for 90% of away games, cup semis and finals.

I think the new system does solve some of the problems.

If people have an issue with how their RSc allocates tickets, its probably an idea for them to look into changing things to suit the new scheme better.

I also think, after a couple of years, people will start to see the fairness in it all with those putting more in getting more chance at the most sought after tickets.

Reactions: TPP
The issue is there's no cover all solution to due the demand for 90% of away games, cup semis and finals.

I think the new system does solve some of the problems.

If people have an issue with how their RSc allocates tickets, its probably an idea for them to look into changing things to suit the new scheme better.

I also think, after a couple of years, people will start to see the fairness in it all with those putting more in getting more chance at the most sought after tickets.
I’m not all that fussed with new system think it’ll probably work well and pretty confident of being gold also. I was just lucky I was in position not to have to miss a game on mine for the point system on ours. Think new system could work quite well but could take a year or two as you say for it to fully get working, also people need to remember not everyone on it will want away games the first choice of cup semis and finals is a massive draw also

What was the cost of registering a club in previous seasons? Did it depend on the number of members or was it a flat rate per club?

our club funds will end up paying this i'd say. we don't take any membership fee s in as they give up their spare time to do unpaid shifts on the bar outside our paid staff hours .
not a fortune any how and drop in the ocean compared to the money people throw round them on a weekend trip
bad form on the club if the expect people to register on my gers as well as their sc though
only just seen this info so have to read into it

I’m not all that fussed with new system think it’ll probably work well and pretty confident of being gold also. I was just lucky I was in position not to have to miss a game on mine for the point system on ours. Think new system could work quite well but could take a year or two as you say for it to fully get working, also people need to remember not everyone on it will want away games the first choice of cup semis and finals is a massive draw also

I'm happy enough with the new system mate.

Buses like yours and mine, that have been going regularly home and away over the past 5 years, should be in a better position than previous years, particularly if you have a high number of members who have signed up to everything over the past 5 years.
As long as they join MyGers obviously.

I reckon we'll have a minimum of 60 members who must be pushing for the Gold category.

I'm happy enough with the new system mate.

Buses like yours and mine, that have been going regularly home and away over the past 5 years, should be in a better position than previous years, particularly if you have a high number of members who have signed up to everything over the past 5 years.
As long as they join MyGers obviously.

I reckon we'll have a minimum of 60 members who must be pushing for the Gold category.
Yeah totally mate, our bus is as strong as it’s been since I was 5 even though we haven’t won nothing for a long time. I can see the struggle for lower category buses which is a shame in itself, but a lot need to remember we spend weeks trying to source tickets for everyone which is a lot of travelling etc and the rest being let down or so.

I’ve mentioned you about donation mate.

Yeah totally mate, our bus is as strong as it’s been since I was 5 even though we haven’t won nothing for a long time. I can see the struggle for lower category buses which is a shame in itself, but a lot need to remember we spend weeks trying to source tickets for everyone which is a lot of travelling etc and the rest being let down or so.

I’ve mentioned you about donation mate.

Mate, I've just seen your donation.

Many thanks for generosity.

Top class.

What was the cost of registering a club in previous seasons? Did it depend on the number of members or was it a flat rate per club?

No cost.

Also i think this a point that a lot of people misunderstand (not aimed at you btw) - the categories were previous based on number of SEASON TICKETS in the club, NOT the number of members. So people saying about ghost buses adding fake addresses and names would have no bearing, as it was all driven by season tickets.

Of course if a bus had 90 ST members and was a CatA bus, they could split into 2x 45member groups and become 2x CatA’s (more chance of tickets). But in all honesty i think the amount of clubs who did this was minimal, probably a handful. I think Rangers jumped the gun here and naively listened to a few very vocal supporters who aimed their annoyance at not getting tickets towards RSC.

Back