Supporters Club And New Membership Scheme.

Really don’t see the problem paying money stops folk from saying we get an unfair chance at two Bites of the cherry as the club now make an extra wee bit for us having the chance any club that says the £10 a member can put there club out the game is at it tbf as members will easily pay out an extra tenner to make them eligible for club tickets it’s the equivalent of three pints makes Rangers a couple quid, it’s a deterrent for Ghost RSC’s and means that supporters clubs can tell those who like to have a dig at us that we pay extra for the privilege

|
I agree on that second point but can you not see the issue with your situation? You are guaranteed a ticket almost when others would bite your hand off for a livi game. We need to get a balance
I'm not sure what you mean by "you are guaranteed a ticket"?

Most of the guys on our bus only attend home games, but a couple of us travel IF we get a ticket.

The point is, we don't run a bus to away matches as we only get at the max 2 tickets due to our numbers and that's dependent on the opposition. So we travel with another club if we get an allocation. We'd usually get the 2 for Livingston, (the home support there is two men and a dug), but for the likes of Kilmarnock or Hamilton it's 1, and for Celtc it's none.

I note that the fee for away ticket registration has been reduced to £5, but it still means we either pay Rangers £100 just to get an opportunity to obtain an away ticket/semi-final, or final ticket, or we lose out completely. With the economic and job uncertainty from the outcome of Covid-19 still to be determined, it will be a task to sell this supporters club ballot fee to our members.

Also need it to buy home tickets!

Has this been confirmed? I certainly hope so as it’s been a bug bear of mine for a while now that A+ clubs taking an allocation for ALL games get the same allocation for the scum games as those who take none for the rest.

If this is about maximising revenue for the club and rewarding loyalty then it should absolutely be factored in including previous seasons.

Genuinely, some fans who don't have connections to RSCs or other routes for tickets would be delighted to take any game available. I agree there were plenty of tickets going for the likes of Livi but that doesn't mean there weren't fans who would have happily take those tickets

Lets be honest Greg, if you were that keen on going to a Livingston match you would get a ticket connections to a RSC or otherwise. Weren’t extra tickets offered to those on the away CCCS for Livingston after the initial ballot was done?

Has this been confirmed? I certainly hope so as it’s been a bug bear of mine for a while now that A+ clubs taking an allocation for ALL games get the same allocation for the scum games as those who take none for the rest.

If this is about maximising revenue for the club and rewarding loyalty then it should absolutely be factored in including previous seasons. Just my tuppenceworth.

We are based in Northern Ireland. Our fees and dues help keep the price as low as possible for members to travel to games. Currently it’s only £42 for a member to travel with us and that’s for your bus and boat. A member gets £15 cheaper than an outsider travelling with us.

With this bloody virus it’s a cert that travel prices will now rise next season, adding on this extra registration fee, it’s gonna be financially strainful for us and may have to up our fees, in a time where a lot of folk can’t afford it. Rangers really haven’t thought on the ordinary working class fanbase here

As much as we love and support our club, this is the bottom line. In a very small passage of time, we are again seen as no more than a commodity, if you can't afford it, someone else can. Aye and I hear, but it's only a tenner, it's only 50p a game and I don't mind paying £50 to be a member. Irrespective of that, if it wasn't for us the supporters and a certain few that went above and beyond, we could've all been staring into the abyss.

Pricing supporters out of watching our games, in my view, should not be happening at our football club.

Wow I would love to know the secret of all the supporters clubs exploiting the process for all these years. I started up a supporters club about twenty years ago and despite having a bank account set up and ready to go, I could never get the club to respond when trying to get any tickets allocated for any games.

Back