Supporters Club Flags Welcome At Ibrox

I don’t doubt that Greg. I mean extra security though, stealing some of the flags will be seen as a badge of honour amongst that shower the green brigade - that’s before you even consider the local lowlife.
You could easily be in and out of the stadium within a couple of minutes, that’s my worry.

We would get enough volunteers to do the job of putting out and then removing the flags safely before and after every game. Social distancing adhered to of course.

Anyway, I don’t want to come across as moaning just for the hell of it, that’s not my style. So maybe it’s best left there.
I agree here, getting volunteers would be no different to when we've came in to set up card displays in the past, I'd be happy even with the flags being stored in the concourse between games, I can see why the wear and tear disclaimer is there, the flags left out near the front will be in some state by the end of it.

The fact the guys with the legends banners aren't doing it is enough for me, we put a lot of effort and expense into getting our flags done and would love them to be on display for the games, its the time in between that worries me.

And he was arrested soon after tbf.

Damage is already done by that point though, aye whoever jumps in will be charged by the police but that doesn’t get you your flag back

Fuck having your RSC flag in the hands of Celtic fans

Looks like there’s about five banners over the seats the main stand side of the Copland Front - looks a bit shit if I’m honest, shouldn’t have bothered if not much uptake.

No coverings either for the other areas of seats as seen in the EPL. Doesn’t look the best with the discoloured seats in the stands.

The main thing is however the pitch is looking in unbelievably good condition.

Last edited:
Looks like there’s about five banners over the seats the main stand side of the Copland Front - looks a bit shit if I’m honest, shouldn’t have bothered if not much uptake.

No coverings either for the other areas of seats as seen in the EPL. Look a bit shit if I’m honest with the discoloured seats in the stands.

When I dropped my RSC flag off at half 12 it looked like there was more than five that had been handed in. There was also a few people after I had left dropping flags off. They advised that they should be dropped off between half 12 and 2.

No coverings either for the other areas of seats as seen in the EPL. Look a bit shit if I’m honest with the discoloured seats in the stands.

Nobody with a brain is going to let their flag sit in a stand for months, when any mentally challenged can waltz in and steal it.

Absolutely %^*& that.

When I dropped my RSC flag off at half 12 it looked like there was more than five that had been handed in. There was also a few people after I had left dropping flags off. They advised that

Maybe the pic I seen was taken earlier then.

Still don’t think it’ll look the best on tv with just rows and rows of empty seats but nothing we can do about it now.

Maybe the pic I seen was taken earlier then.

Still don’t think it’ll look the best on tv with just rows and rows of empty seats but nothing we can do about it now.
Govan & Broomloan going to have sponsors on the seats, no?

Dropped one of our club flags off around half 12 there were at least a dozen others doing the same,some with more than one flag,hopefully will look good.

Regardless of the theft risk, imagine being exposed to the elements for that length of time wouldn’t help either. See the discolouring of the seats.

Nice idea but madness to not allow them to be brought in and stored when no games are on.

We are putting banners over some of the seats it seems. Confirmed from someone on the scene now

What’s that shite 32red flag all about?

Its about the same as the Trident, McGhee's and Marc Darcy flags. Advertising - otherwise known as income.

As I posted earlier, it would be great if we could fill it with our many flags but folk don't want to take the risk. Every other club in the UK seems to have managed fine though. That's what comes of sharing the city with Dhims.

Its about the same as the Trident, McGhee's and Marc Darcy flags. Advertising - otherwise known as income.

As I posted earlier, it would be great if we could fill it with our many flags but folk don't want to take the risk. Every other club in the UK seems to have managed fine though. That's what comes of sharing the city with Dhims.

Hopefully there’s enough RSC flags to take up the stand and shift that 32red one away to another stand

You've not looked closely enough then. See my post #132 and the image in post #124. You need to open the picture and zoom in, but its there alright.

i saw that mate but i know of 2 that submitted theirs and didnt hear back. A small badge on a banner is different from a proper rhou flag.

Fair play to those willing to hand the flags over but the risk of it being stolen by tims and hung upside as some sort of trophy was enough to put a lot of fans off it

the club have 24 hour security on site
Yes they done a fantastic job despite the whole stadium inside and out covered by cctv, when they failed to notice someone walk upto the stadium,climb over a gate,walk onto the pitch and take ages to get back over the same gate and allowed to walk away without anyone spotting him.

Is the security the same from this incident or has it been improved @Greg Marshall

Gutted that with the way the camara goes from the main stand that we will mostly see advertising rather than flags of the people that follow far and wide. Could have looked so much better

Is it true there’s no RHOU flags allowed ?
Helped out for a while today and can assure you that that is not the case. Anything controversial/paramilitary was rightly not to be displayed but there were a number of flags sent to Ibrox (from NI and elsewhere) with RH on them and they are there. On an aside there’s a cracker from Melbourne that’s up and on a selfish point the Calderwood Rangers (EKs oldest and finest :))) is there.

Special word for Greg who was orchestrating everything today on his own .... absolute credit to the club :)):))

Back