Supporters Club Flags Welcome At Ibrox

Ee1nOmWWsAI_Q2P

Yes they done a fantastic job despite the whole stadium inside and out covered by cctv, when they failed to notice someone walk upto the stadium,climb over a gate,walk onto the pitch and take ages to get back over the same gate and allowed to walk away without anyone spotting him.

Is the security the same from this incident or has it been improved @Greg Marshall

I was at the stadium last week at around 10pm taking pictures and there was one guy in a hard hat and jacket at the Copeland road end. There was a tim at the same time who was totally smashed shouting abuse for about 10 minutes and who was kicking and pulling down some of the roadblocks and barriers beside the broomy. The guy in the hard hat could hear the shouting and ruckus and he wasn't actually sure if it was me till i got closer and the shouting was still far away. I didn't see any security jump out or do anything about the guy.

We've got a flag in but can't see it in the pic. It's quite big so hoping there's still room! Wonder what happens to it if it doesn't, and how does everyone get it back at the end?

We've got a flag in but can't see it in the pic. It's quite big so hoping there's still room! Wonder what happens to it if it doesn't, and how does everyone get it back at the end?
Greg has the details of the flag holders as you had to send photo,with the flag dimensions in advance by email.

Banners papped away in the corner where they can barely be seen, whilst risking the fence being hopped right next to it.

Brave folk putting their flag up there.o_O

Banners papped away in the corner where they can barely be seen, whilst risking the fence being hopped right next to it.

Brave folk putting their flag up there.o_O

Just realised there in the corner where they can’t be seen
Fucks the point?

They should be on the Govan front. Hope they've upped the security while these flags are being left out.

If they have enough fans who have done the mosaic to fill the Govan Front then fair enough. But outwith that, the CF and BF should be bursting at the seams with flags over the seats.

Bit nervous that this isn't going to be as good as it should be. Hope I'm wrong though.

If they have enough fans who have done the mosaic to fill the Govan Front then fair enough. But outwith that, the CF and BF should be bursting at the seams with flags over the seats.

Bit nervous that this isn't going to be as good as it should be. Hope I'm wrong though.

They can only put the flags in there that the fans/RSCs are prepared to hand in. Some have been scared off.

I'd wager a fair few RSCs haven't put their banners out due to security issues.

As you say it's a shame as it could have looked excellent

Wouldn’t surprise me Bhoys/GB jumping over the gates and nicking them, you saw how easy it was for that Celtic fan to get into Ibrox. The security seems not very good.

That was mainly because the guy posted on social media and also never covered his face breaking in.

All it takes is for a handful of the GB to fire on balaclavas and jump the gates.

Hopefully the security are watching constantly on their shifts cause I guarantee they’ll try it.
The Bhoys in the past put a banner up at the BF turnstiles before. Honestly wouldn’t be surprised.

Wouldn’t surprise me Bhoys/GB jumping over the gates and nicking them, you saw how easy it was for that Celtic fan to get into Ibrox. The security seems not very good.
Are ultras no meant to steal the flags from someone??

It would be embarrassing for them nicking them in a deserted stadium and try to claim a result.

It would be embarrassing for them nicking them in a deserted stadium and try to claim a result.

The view they'll take is that if you leave them out then they're fair game.

Did some some Rangers not do exactly the same to Partick Thistle a few years ago? Remember them getting slaughtered on here for it at the time.

keep seeing a few lads saying this ...... but surely they'd only open themselves up for a similar hit

They don't really need to claim a result, as Cathcart Bear says they'll see them as fair game, obvious whats gonna happen here imo.

Simple solution is for Club to confirm they will have someone keep an eye on them 24/7 for the supporters. Then we can make the place look amazing

Looks like there’s about five banners over the seats the main stand side of the Copland Front - looks a bit shit if I’m honest, shouldn’t have bothered if not much uptake.

No coverings either for the other areas of seats as seen in the EPL. Doesn’t look the best with the discoloured seats in the stands.

The main thing is however the pitch is looking in unbelievably good condition.

Positivity loyal!

still about 70 to go out. I think there is a grapes flag in there right enough but it’s all a blur

Broomloan rear will also have flags. Too many for to fit all in Broomloan

I appreciate that the people that hold the legends banners, cooper, jock etc, dont want to leave them for security reason, however could they not be put in the Govan Rear? Pre-arranged with Greg?

Folk need to stop being so para about flags being nicked. The club will have learned lessons.
What they doing, putting bouncers on the gates?

Its not hard to hop that fence in the early hours, get in and out all whilst the security are cosied up in the control room.

Hows about just bring them in after a game? Or don't sit them right next to a gate?

Back