Supporters update - Seville 31/5/22

Well done to Rangers for pushing this through but I think all we will get is a half hearted apology. Uefa hardly gonna compensate 1000s money back

At least they are talking to the right people and not the toytown government haters.
To be fair to Boris Johnson and the Tories, they are demanding answers from the French about what happened to the Liverpool fans and not taking the French nonsense that their police acted well.

Glad to see Rangers and Frankfurt working together on this as well. Fans having items confiscated was utterly appalling. You’re talking about taking phone chargers off people that needed them for QR code tickets, covid passports and flight tickets, the security / police were bang out of order. The lack of water and facilities should be enough to ensure a stadium is vetted properly and a shit tip like Sevillas stadium never sees a European final again. Scenes in Paris were shocking as well, locals jumping fences and running into the stadium, shite behaviour from them. Tear gas and everything else? 2/3 finals were a horrible experience.

As much as it was a shame for it to happen on Saturday, the fracas at the CL final gives more weight to our concerns.

Shows that 2/3 of UEFA finals were a shit show.
I’d be surprised if the other one went smoothly with Italians and Dutch in Albania

I’d be surprised if the other one went smoothly with Italians and Dutch in Albania
Apparently it didn’t though, as there was fighting allegedly between the dutch and Italians with the Albanian police in the middle.
According to reports, 48 Italians arrested, 12 Dutch and 12 police officers injured.
That was a Tuesday night before the game!
Must say I would not fancy going up against the Albanian cops.

Apparently it didn’t though, as there was fighting allegedly between the dutch and Italians with the Albanian police in the middle.
According to reports, 48 Italians arrested, 12 Dutch and 12 police officers injured.
That was a Tuesday night before the game!
Must say I would not fancy going up against the Albanian cops.

Fans fighting is different to how the organisers/authorities handled the event. Did the Italian/Dutch have similar issues to Seville/Paris?

Good to see Rangers in contact with the proper government about the fans’ concerns in Seville.
In all honesty though I would have expected some earlier intervention from the kiddy-on parliament expressing concern for the treatment and welfare of largely Scottish inhabitants involved. Just another nail in their eventual coffin (won’t be too soon).

Back