Surely someone will start asking questions

Tomted

Apologies if this should be included in the thread relating to the Kilmarnock player who escaped further punishment. However, just noticed that the same Bobby Madden, who they decided that he had blundered with Alan McGregor has been chosen to referee the Kilmarnock/Celtic game on Sunday. Goodness knows what the basis of that decision is. Noticed, too, that his linesmen are Connor and Mullaney, who are unlikely to be helpful to the home team. The fourth official is Don Robertson, who, as many on this forum know, is from the dark side. And so it goes on.

Yes they should but going after individuals will more than likely be counter productive.

Questions have to be asked about the system, who decides what gets looked, highlighting inconsistencies and dare I say it “asking for clarification”.

Compliance Officer thing is now an utter shambles and pressure needs to be heaped on it big style.

Apologies if this should be included in the thread relating to the Kilmarnock player who escaped further punishment. However, just noticed that the same Bobby Madden, who they decided that he had blundered with Alan McGregor has been chosen to referee the Kilmarnock/Celtic game on Sunday. Goodness knows what the basis of that decision is. Noticed, too, that his linesmen are Connor and Mullaney, who are unlikely to be helpful to the home team. The fourth official is Don Robertson, who, as many on this forum know, is from the dark side. And so it goes on.
We don’t want the linesmen to favour or not favour the home team we want them to do an impartial job which on the whole they do, the only thing is they’re shite at their jobs.

How do you know there arent questions being asked?
Just because there isnt statements left right and centre.

Whilst all the other clubs remain silent and only one team escapes trial by TV all the time. Nothing will be done.
Nothing will be done whilst we bicker amongst ourselves and doing nothing officially about it.
It is as plain as day the compliance officer and whoever does the citing, are helping no club but one.

Not usually one for sticking up for the referees but i doubt it makes a great deal of difference really...... tbf to guys like Bobby hes always been biased against Rangers and towards the tims, been that way since he started reffin top level games.

What would be really insightful is for the board to let the support know why they don’t feel matters such as these are worth taking any further (assuming they don’t).

The board need to be far more level headed than the support so I get that they will often disagree with much of the emotive feelings in the stands, but we were promised greater transparency from King & co. and for my money this is where it comes into effect.

It doesn’t need to be broadcast directly to the support via the website, but I’d expect there to be some dialogue between the board and Club 1872 for instance that could then be communicated to the fans.

Keeping schtum posits them in the same bracket as the silent dignitaries (or should that be dignified silencers?) that made up previous boards, and that really isn’t what we were told we were going to get with this lot.

How do you know there arent questions being asked?
Just because there isnt statements left right and centre.
I am uncertain whether questions have been asked but I do know that many Rangers supporters feel that for too long our club and supporters are being taken for mugs and deserve to be treated much better. The persistent absence of fairness requires more than statements.

Don't hold your breath mate.

There are even some on here who won't accept the bias for fear of looking like a conspiracy theorist.

Trial by television is alive and well in Scotland but only for one team in particular, it's not even debatable .

Madden is only a sideshow.

Never a truer sentence than that. Sorry to say, I feel like I am one of them.

We no longer have a level playing field in this parochial hellhole they call Scotland.
Gloves off here.......but Liewell and his lickspittles collectively tried to kill us off when that c"nt Whyte was given the reigns for £1 by that egotistical wanker David Murray.
They failed.

Resultantly, Liewell has manourvered his placemen / placewoman into the farcical Compliance Officer position.

What a fckn joke......in what other organisation would you have a quango that can dish out punishment they feel that you got wrong ....and still retain you in your employment ?
The sooner the Rangers board address this farce, the better.

I would like to think some investigating journo would try but alas it won't happen,they are all sitting waiting on a Rangers statement to discredit the process takes the heat off the sfa,Christ we have a club up to their back teeth in trying to hide a peadophile ring and are going to get away with it that shows where this country is thanks mainly to this corrupt gov.

There are even some on here who won't accept the bias for fear of looking like a conspiracy theorist.

Trial by television is alive and well in Scotland but only for one team in particular, it's not even debatable .

Madden is only a sideshow.[/QUOTE]

It's so blatant it's impossible to ignore

That's a pretty insipid badge of honour you seem proud of. That's what's fundamentally wrong with our support - 'our fatal inertia' could have killed our club.
Definitely not a badge of honour. I think you have taken this the wrong way, however, Think what you like.

Tom Boyd says it’ll take Sellik 100 years to catch up on Rangers for referees bias, might take slightly less after the past few weeks!
The stats, since stats began, show they already receive the most favourable treatment for and against in terms of cards and penalties but that doesn’t fit the agenda.

Are you sure? I thought Steve Conroy was the only ref in the last 100 years to support them.

Back