Surprise Surprise Gary Holt Wants tims to be Awarded Title

S

scott-nisbet

Gary Holt makes Celtic title call as Livingston boss points to 'refreshing' clarity from Belgium
The Livi boss would have sympathy for Hearts but insists a call must be made.

BY GORDON PARKS
22:29, 4 APR 2020UPDATED20:54, 4 APR 2020
1_JS206541883.jpg
Gary Holt has urged Scottish football chiefs to follow Belgium’s lead by crowning Celtic as champions.

The Livingston boss believes an immediate decision is required by the SPFL to call time on this season, which would also see Hearts relegated.

Belgian beaks broke ranks this week by declaring their standings final and handing the title to Brugge, who were 15 points clear.

And Holt insists it is time to follow suit by awarding the Hoops nine-in-a-row as they sit 13 points ahead of Rangers.

Holt is adamant a lack of clarity due to the chaos caused by the coronavirus pandemic is hurting our game.

He said: “My message is to get it done, take the initiative and get it dealt with as we need to put these issues to bed and start sorting other things out. No matter what’s decided, it’s going to be brutal for some people

“But people are being paid very well to show leadership and make these huge calls, however painful they are.

“We need to bring an end to all of the calls for change and the talk of ‘next season, next season, next season’.

“We need to forget next season, forget what’s ahead of us, focus purely on the present and make a clear and concise decision on the current situation.

Coronavirus Grips Scottish Football
Rangers, Hearts could take legal action
UEFA give season deadline
Rangers face Europa League sweat
“We need to plot a path forward and it’s refreshing to see the Belgian league management board coming out
decisively and announcing Brugge as the champions.

“Scotland’s football bosses should follow suit – if it means Celtic are named champions and Hearts are relegated then so be it.

“I will congratulate Celtic as they’ve been the Premiership’s outstanding team and I will feel sorry for Hearts as it would be a terrible way to be relegated. But there are no easy decisions here.”

The mhedia really are a shower of picks, looking for statements from everybody.Lets just see how it plays out and if the title is "given" to them then it really will be tainted.
More important things going on just now.

Most clubs will go along with this now as they are all desperate for their pittance from the SPFL.

They are quite happy for the mentally challengeds to be handed a title they haven’t won and the £3-4m that goes with it just so they can get the scraps from the mentally challengeds table.

Weird how sporting integrity in Scottish football is irrelevant now eh.

They're all doing the ground work for what we know is coming and trying to justify it but no matter how many of the lickspittle brigade come out with this piss it'll never be right or recognised as a genuine title win, why don't they throw in the Scottish Cup and be done with it!

Who asked the question?

Embarassing how every day we have three or four folk telling us this shite. Are the English papers lining up every Liverpool minded person to tell us how Liverpool should be crowned Champs?

First line nails it.......follow the Belgium league,psml....fellow bears,how many league's are there in Europe?...plenty.just so happens the the first league to blink falls nicely to the mentally challenged agenda.They want the spl to act now one this because in a month from now,there will be league bodies backing our stance,correct.mutants.

Gary Holt is a diehard Killie fan, Livi boss and has no affiliation for Celtic whatsoever, why is he coming out with this pish?

Gary Holt makes Celtic title call as Livingston boss points to 'refreshing' clarity from Belgium
The Livi boss would have sympathy for Hearts but insists a call must be made.

BY GORDON PARKS
22:29, 4 APR 2020UPDATED20:54, 4 APR 2020
1_JS206541883.jpg
Gary Holt has urged Scottish football chiefs to follow Belgium’s lead by crowning Celtic as champions.

The Livingston boss believes an immediate decision is required by the SPFL to call time on this season, which would also see Hearts relegated.

Belgian beaks broke ranks this week by declaring their standings final and handing the title to Brugge, who were 15 points clear.

And Holt insists it is time to follow suit by awarding the Hoops nine-in-a-row as they sit 13 points ahead of Rangers.

Holt is adamant a lack of clarity due to the chaos caused by the coronavirus pandemic is hurting our game.

He said: “My message is to get it done, take the initiative and get it dealt with as we need to put these issues to bed and start sorting other things out. No matter what’s decided, it’s going to be brutal for some people

“But people are being paid very well to show leadership and make these huge calls, however painful they are.

“We need to bring an end to all of the calls for change and the talk of ‘next season, next season, next season’.

“We need to forget next season, forget what’s ahead of us, focus purely on the present and make a clear and concise decision on the current situation.

Coronavirus Grips Scottish Football
Rangers, Hearts could take legal action
UEFA give season deadline
Rangers face Europa League sweat
“We need to plot a path forward and it’s refreshing to see the Belgian league management board coming out
decisively and announcing Brugge as the champions.

“Scotland’s football bosses should follow suit – if it means Celtic are named champions and Hearts are relegated then so be it.

“I will congratulate Celtic as they’ve been the Premiership’s outstanding team and I will feel sorry for Hearts as it would be a terrible way to be relegated. But there are no easy decisions here.”

And how many results have you had against Rangers this season Holt ? And two against that mhob ? Cheers.

Was in the army and has a killie tattoo on his leg. If he's a mentally challenged he hides it well (present article asides)
I knew he was in army but also thought it was common knowledge he was of the mentally challenged persuasion

Haven't Belgium backtracked?

Belgium to my knowledge have proposed Bruges as champions but it still has to be ratified, given UEFA’s threat about leagues declaring champions without playing said leagues to a finish will be disqualified from participating in future aEuropean tournaments it’s highly unlikely they will go down that route but Scottish football bows to one bow.

The Sfa have been praying for another european league to crown their champions so they have an excuse to do the same here. That league could of been the faroe islands ex servicemen 5 aside league mind but now that the Belgium prem have done it, its guaranteed here.

Mind you. I don't really care.

Back