Surprised that Griffith never dived ?

When they brought him on, you knew it was last throw of the dice stuff.

There is no way that wee junkie is troubling super fit professional athletes like Goldson and Tav.

Cant beleive the fuss created over this 'non incident'.
Usually i watch the game in full fear of 'borderline' decisions going their way.
Never even had a mili second of doubt with this one. So much so it seems , even Thumheid couldnt derive some controversy out of it.
Walker stoking up nonsense - and Ally fueling it (unbelievablyl.
Walker is a truly twisted wee fanny.

When he rounded our keeper, I was fully expecting him to go to ground and give Beaton a decision to make. Lennon probably slaughtered him after the game for not doing so.
The Thumb can’t think that fast to dive, he thought he had the skills to round the goalie and slot it home . Oh well

Looking at the thumb, if he went down I don't think he would had the strength to get that weirdly shaped frame back up.

Thankfully, I watch GersTV from abroad and don't need to be subjected to SKY/BT/Sportscene etc. However, I am genuinely shocked the rhat didn't dive for a penalty.
As much as Walker is a totally pro-Celtc wank, when things are going badly, he will sometimes call a spade a spade a la Keevins. They must hate it when he does.

If it was a conscious decision to stay on his feet(and I have my doubts) then it is the only honest act the socially inadequate, obnoxious little racist has done in his miserable existence.

He didn't dive because there was no contact, it wouldn't look like contact and he'd have been carded

A decent striker when he's on his game knows how to make contact.

Griffiths a couple of years ago would have been coming out of a situation like that with a goal or a penalty but he's played so little football over the last while he came out with neither.

There was no contact. A dive would have been obvious.

Filip had the angle covered, even if he did round AM and finish.

Helander also clearly had the attempted lob covered.

When he rounded our keeper, I was fully expecting him to go to ground and give Beaton a decision to make. Lennon probably slaughtered him after the game for not doing so.
Id say dived is a strong word, if he hadnt diverted his run, then Mcgregor would have made contact - if that takes him down, its a pen in my eyes.
lucky he is as thick as porridge!

He's so unfit that his football brain was starved of enough oxygen to think of it even though he'd only been on the pitch for minutes.

I don't think he is one for going down easily.

That said, I don't think he was aware Helander was getting back in time to cover the line and his touch was heavy although I think the way McGregor came at him forced him to take a heavier touch.

A fitter sharper Griffiths may well have scored that.

Is it right he has a wife and a mistress and they attend games together?

this came from a Tim who supposedly travelled on the same bus as them last season and apparently its common knowledge and they are both comfortable with it

Oh and IMO he didn’t go down because he wasn’t intelligent enough
Well you can see what a good looking, charming, witty, indeed debonair young man he is.
I’m sure the two ladies he’s courting are also delightful company.
He’ll regale them with hilarious stories of stealing wine out of Tescos, singing racist songs and being a a multiple addict.

What it does show is that players shouldn't be getting penalties for those kind of incidents where they could avoid the contact, but force it to make their dive convincing.

Had money on himself to score , knew he wouldn’t take the pen.
That’s the answer for me.
If he were the penalty taker, he’d have went down.
Actually, to me, Novo had a similar mindset in that he took the best option for him to be on the scoresheet.

Back