Surreal chants and songs you have heard at Ibrox

Early 90's we played Queen's Park in one of the cups, beat them 6-0 and they spent the whole match jumping up & down. Making our way back to the car after the game got serenaded with "You scoed six, we scored none, we had all the f*cking fun!"

Heavy fog had engulfed Ibrox for a game v Motherwell prompting the whole east enclosure to chant “ where the fks the baw?where the fks the baw?”

'Murdo's a proddy' to Murdo McLeod when he was injured in front of the EE when he was playing for Hibs. To be fair, he took it in good spirit.

Definitely Arbroath, the east enclosure were onto this as soon as the teams were announced, catcalling him: "Oooh, Bradley, Bradley . . . " he took it in great part and I think the EE gave him a clap off the park
Was there that night and we all sang fergie fergie watch yer arse when brad kerr was near him haha

Heard a drunk Bear in the Enclosure toilets at Ibrox in the 80's singing to the Cockney tune 'My old Man (Said Follow The Van)

"My old man, said be a Celtic fan
I said fuck off, father, you're a wank..."

Hilarity ensued but I've never heard that song before or since. Maybe a one-off performance.
Remember the song, but can't remember the rest of it. Tune was "don't dilly dally on the way".

Heard a drunk Bear in the Enclosure toilets at Ibrox in the 80's singing to the Cockney tune 'My old Man (Said Follow The Van)

"My old man, said be a Celtic fan
I said fuck off, father, you're a wank..."

Hilarity ensued but I've never heard that song before or since. Maybe a one-off performance.
The Clyde boys sing it about the jags.im sure it's a Clyde song. Mn the Clyde.

Remember in the 70s when the bears weren’t happy with proceedings the cry of
“There’s gonna be another Birmingham” used to go up, reference to the riot down there in ‘76.

Okay, it's not Ibrox but the most surreal I ever heard was at Tynecastle in a midweek League Cup tie back in 1985 where we gubbed the Jambos 3-0 and Mr Cooper ran amok. Halfway through the first half that night the Jambo's end erupted into a chorus of The Sash. It was loud. Our end was quiet for a moment before the response came. "One team of Proddies. There's only one team of Proddies." It was absolutely surreal from the point of view that someone else was singing The Sash to us and priceless for the speed of thought from the Bear who within a couple of seconds thought up the response that nobody on the planet at that time could argue with.

I remember the Feyenoord fans taking the piss in our language during a dull McLeish-era UEFA tie when Ibrox was nearly silent, "Shall we sing a song for you?"
Copenhagen did the same around 2004 in a CL qualifier,(iirc)the rumour was if we qualified Kevin Phillips was to sign from Southampton.... numerous times I mind thinking `they`ve been watching too much Sky.` Close to full time in heavy Scandanavian accents they sang `we can see you sneaking out`
I took in a Europa League game down in Birmingham in 2011 against Bruges...with 15 minutes of the game to go the sold out Belgian end belted out the City anthem `Keep Right On to the End of the Road` in perfect English. Surreal moment which earned a standing ovation from the Brummies.
Scotland`s,Scotland`s number one;Scotland`s number one!!.......no,not to Andy Goram,but Jim Leighton after Juke Box had rounded the hapless c*nt and stroked in number seven(New Year`s Eve 1996 iirc).:)
*v hibs

'Bradley wears a nightie' sung to some unfortunate sub warming up for a wee team we were playing in the cup (i think arbroath maybe) back in the late 80's. his only crime was being called Bradley :))

I'm sure Ian Ferguson got a chorus of "Bradley's gonna get ye" that night too. Bradley Kerr of Arbroath, long haired nomark from the late 80s.

"Fergie, Fergie, watch your arse!"

The night of the supposedly gay Arbroath (I think) player named Bradley and the gay haircut.
Might have been the first game I went to all by myself and I had such a laugh at the abuse dished out to this guy.
Poor bugger was a substitute for Arbroath in a League Cup match and utterly roasted while warming up, then got it even worse when he came on.

Youth cup game at Ibrox about 10 years ago,

We were winning but safe to say the game was a bit poor so ended up just a sing song in the EE to keep ourselves amused.

Wee lull in the singing so this boy starts singing about Gazza - literally making it up as he went along;

Theres only one Paul Gascoigne
Er...theres only one Paul Gascoigne
....Emm... he plays the flute,
Erm..... his wife's a boot

*cue the EE absolutely buckled before giving a round of applause to the singer/ songwriter

Last edited:
Early 90s in front of the EE a somewhat chubby policewoman was on duty. She got pelters, including ‘Sumo Sumo” she was eventually moved elsewhere, but not before her colleague almost chocked himself trying not to laugh
I was telling my kids about this the other day. Motherwell at home around March kind of time and I’ve never seen someone take more of a beamer.

A couple of outstanding chants spring to mind, not surreal but still brings home funny memories.

From the sixties: " Gemmell's a Bastard"
From a Rangers v Hibs game when George Best was playing for the Hiv's:
"Theres only one Alcholic"

I wouldn’t say it was surreal but the first time against them when I heard the Nakamura song,just as he was about to take a corner fucking killed me,as did the ‘You only sing in the Chapel’ I remember being at the game,looking at our support and just saying to myself,Bravo lads...........
Fucking Bravo

Well we’re not so very many but we’re loyal and we’re true,
For we’re the lads, the lads, the lads that wear the royal blue,
So come away the Rangers, you’ll know us by our noise, for we’re the lads, the lads who follow Rangers!
On Rangers On! Victory is nigh, from the terraces, you will hear us cry: come away the Rangers you’ll know us by our noise, we’re the lads, the lads who follow Rangers!

A tune my old dad taught me. He still goes every week at 72.
I’ve never heard it but always sing to myself !
Great wee song, love being a bluenose!

One of the first appearance of a flare at Ibrox, thrown by the scum. Within seconds the entire crowd was chanting Johnny Doyles on the park!

Definitely Arbroath, the east enclosure were onto this as soon as the teams were announced, catcalling him: "Oooh, Bradley, Bradley . . . " he took it in great part and I think the EE gave him a clap off the park
I thought the east enclosure at Gayfield was the North Sea!!!

Poor Bradley Kerr.
I was in the EE that night, he took an absolute roasting!

I remember a guy from our bus bursting into a chorus of “Charlie they think you’re a genius, but you suck a horses penis, Charlie Nicholas you’re a horses arse!”

Heard one bloke do the entire ‘Sure and Steadfast’ song-Boys Brigade version and he nailed it, he got a decent applause.

Also, during the Motherwell 7-1 drubbing this season, two young bears a couple rows behind me in the Broomy Rear, maybe 10years old went through our entire ‘naughty’ song book. I nudged the boy beside me and said give those two a toffee, well deserved!!!

Used to love it when the junior bears sang the McGregor ‘shags ten burds a night’ song. Their baws hadn’t even dropped yet but they knew the score.

A few boys about 12 or 13 belting out BJK and stuff about Savile against the Tim’s last month cracked me up

Early 90's we played Queen's Park in one of the cups, beat them 6-0 and they spent the whole match jumping up & down. Making our way back to the car after the game got serenaded with "You scoed six, we scored none, we had all the f*cking fun!"
I am sure it was Queens Park who started the Walter Smiths blue and white army chant. Their version was Eddie Hunters black and white army.

"This old man, he told me, Peter Grant has got VD, with a knick knack paddywhack, talking with his mooth, this old man was telling the truth".

Or something like that.

In the EE Vs Dundee in the early ninties and Jim Duffy was getting pelters as usual and someone started singing “ There’s only one baldy ba5tard, one baldy.....”

Strangest and most random song I’ve ever heard was in the West Enclosure in early
89/90 season against Hibs.

Some old boys were standing by us and came out with,
Flies in the sugar bowl.. shh, shh, shh....,
%^*& yer Joe Millar,
Joe, Joe fcuk yer Joe.. etc, etc

We were all looking at each other with no words :oops:

Heard some older Bears talking years ago about a song that went "Tommy Burns Tommy Burns so does Doyle."

Also to the same incident "It's my attic and I'll fry if I want too." :oops:

Back