Surreal chants and songs you have heard at Ibrox

Well we’re not so very many but we’re loyal and we’re true,
For we’re the lads, the lads, the lads that wear the royal blue,
So come away the Rangers, you’ll know us by our noise, for we’re the lads, the lads who follow Rangers!
On Rangers On! Victory is nigh, from the terraces, you will hear us cry: come away the Rangers you’ll know us by our noise, we’re the lads, the lads who follow Rangers!

A tune my old dad taught me. He still goes every week at 72.
I’ve never heard it but always sing to myself !
Great wee song, love being a bluenose!

A mate of mine used to sing that song all the time back in the 70s but his version started,
Oh we went to Wolverhampton not so many years ago,
And for the local English we put on a show,
10,000 strong as we marched along, you'll know us by our noise,
For we're the lads, the lads who follow Rangers.
So on Rangers on, victory is nigh etc etc.

It was surreal to go from chanting “Mo, Mo. F*ck yer Mo” to Mo, Mo, Super Mo” in the space of about 5 weeks

We sang the hokie cokie at the piggery once.

Was a strange strange moment signing the song but I joined in.

It was because some poet mouthed off that it was sectarian and should be banned. (No it wasn't April 1st either)

Only reason it popped into my head was because it was on the alexa yesterday and I told the other half about it.

Weird.

What a helluva way to die could get pretty surreal thinking back now.
Aswell as Living a life of a Glasgow Ranger...if she had wings..

Heard a drunk Bear in the Enclosure toilets at Ibrox in the 80's singing to the Cockney tune 'My old Man (Said Follow The Van)

"My old man, said be a Celtic fan
I said fuck off, father, you're a wank..."

Hilarity ensued but I've never heard that song before or since. Maybe a one-off performance.
My old man said be a celtic fan
I said fuk of daddy your a wank,
We'll take the hibs and the casuals with it
We'll take the jungle and the shite that's init
With hatchets and hammers Stanly knives and spanners,
We will show the bastards how to fight.

Usually sung on east coast-based Gers supporters buses, sung to the Beatles Yellow Submarine: "We all live in a Proddy housing scheme . . . "

Not the most surreal but funny to me..With all the hunks over here in Canada wagging their collective fingers at the Raptors fans who cheered when Kevin Durrant went down and hobbled off in game 5 of the NBA Finals whining how "un Canadian" that was. Reminded me of a match at Ibrox in 92... either against Motherwell or Killie(me thinks Motherwell). Motherwell player went down and after a few minutes was stretcherd off, to the bye bye waves of the bears with this ringing in his ears..."what's it like to die a 19th Century Terrorist bastard?""... F'n hilarious... My 1st time at Ibrox since 1970... went back to my Uncles and was asked"how was it?"..me "brilliant but I forgot how many 19th Century Terrorist bastards there are in Scotland" ...

“We sunk the Bismarck” v Bayern Munich 1972.
Reference to the sinking of a German warship during the
Second World War. :D

"Her Majesty The Queen supports the Rangers,
Her Majesty The Queen supports the Rangers,
Because she's a Protestant"
Heard that years ago in the way back from a European game

Playing Aberdeen when Jim Bett wouldn't resign for us from Aberdeen, because his Icelandic wife didn't want to come to Glasgow, we are playing Aberdeen, this guy sitting next to my dad stand up and shouts "Haw Bett f*ck off back to your igloo you hen pecked bastard". My old man burst out laughing, the guy turns round and asks him "whats so funny?"

At Hampden 1987 league cup final against Aberdeen one of their players missed a penalty in the shoot out. As we were leaving there was a pissed guy on his own singing Peter Nicholas sucks a horses penis, Peter Nicholas is a donkeys ass. Lol

Well we’re not so very many but we’re loyal and we’re true,
For we’re the lads, the lads, the lads that wear the royal blue,
So come away the Rangers, you’ll know us by our noise, for we’re the lads, the lads who follow Rangers!
On Rangers On! Victory is nigh, from the terraces, you will hear us cry: come away the Rangers you’ll know us by our noise, we’re the lads, the lads who follow Rangers!

A tune my old dad taught me. He still goes every week at 72.
I’ve never heard it but always sing to myself !
Great wee song, love being a bluenose!

Linfield sing it.

Heard some older Bears talking years ago about a song that went "Tommy Burns Tommy Burns so does Doyle."

Also to the same incident "It's my attic and I'll fry if I want too." :oops:

This was at a game shortly after Doyle got electrocuted.
The Celtic fans were chanting “Tommy Burns, Tommy Burns, Tommy Burns,” and we immediately started chanting back “ so does Doyle, so does Doyle, so does Doyle.” The tims were absolutely going bonkers at this.

Last edited:
"Her Majesty The Queen supports the Rangers,
Because she's a Protestant"
Heard that years ago in the way back from a European game
how does that tune go?

Not a chant but remember at Porkhead once someone came out with the classic line while shouting at Paddy Bonnar.
"Paddy, yer wife is the biggest ride in the Royal Bank":))

Can only think that the aforementioned Mrs Bonnar worked in the Royal Bank!

Can anyone explain?

When he played with Dundee Utd, “Davie Dodds, the Elephant Man, Davie Dodds, the Elephant Man”

Unfortunately we then signed him :eek:

My late Dad knew a Celtic fan who started calling Davie Dodds the unacceptable face of sectarianism after we signed him. LOL

Never heard this anywhere else but in the late 70s my young brother used to sing
Billy McNeil up a mountain glen
Seduced himself with a fountain pen
The pen it burst and the ink ran wild
McNeil gave birth to a 19th Century Terrorist child .....
And they called the bastard Doyle, they called the bastard Doyle!:oops::oops:

Next day in Spain after 2-0 CL defeat to Barca loads of bears singing

Samual Et’os a lookie lookie man
A lookie lookie man
a lookie lookie man
Samual Et’os a lookie lookie man
A lookie lookie man
a lookie lookie man

None stop for 1/2 hour

Remember that song very well 74/75 I think it was sung.

Nope was season cologne beat us in 1/4’s , was belted out loud and proud at Tynecastle with this your bear cub (at the time) in a 2-1 victory big Martin Henderson scoring the winner into our end as well
Pretty sure the hearts goalie was Thompson Allan
It’s amazing the stuff you remember from years ago

Early 50’s now loyal :rolleyes:

In the late 70s it was announced El Papa was going to visit Scotland. The jungle used to sing the pope's coming over and at Ibrox the Centenary stand used to sing were gonnae shoot the pope.

Years ago, in the West Enclosure, at a game v Motherwell, a guy sitting behind us had clearly enjoyed a few refreshments prior to kick off, and sat shouting "Owen Coyle has a hairy arsehole!" for the full first half.
He disappeared at half time.
We were pishing ourselves at the randomness of the whole situation.

'Bradley wears a nightie' sung to some unfortunate sub warming up for a wee team we were playing in the cup (i think arbroath maybe) back in the late 80's. his only crime was being called Bradley :))
Absolutely correct Bradley Kerr of Arbroath, I remember singing something about a raincoat!

I seem to recall a rotund Police sergeant getting" roll out the barrel" sang to him in a preseason game against Dundee in the late 80s

"Nakamura ate my dog,
Ate my dog,
Nakamura ate my dog,
Ate my dog,
He sliced it,
He diced it,
He threw it in a wok,
Nakamura ate my dog,
Ate my dug"

As soon as this rendition had finished, a wee lad starts singing;

"Stephen McManus ate the cat...."

"Nakamura ate my dog,