Sutton Not Letting it Rest; Re Beaton in Crown Bar Bellshill

Thetinman

Obviously there's a lot of problems in the article but this tops the lot.

"you can understand Celtic fans feeling the way some of them do."

That's him vindicating the death threats. He can understand Celtic fans being so paranoid and angry that they feel the need to send death threats. Of course this is on top of him stoking the majority of it by writing it's either incompetence or a conspiring. (I'm paraphrasing here).
Surely he should be spoken to by the police for inflaming or inciting an already tense (by their own doing) situation.

derbybear

Where those photos of Beaton genuine or not? Can't believe they are still going on about that game FFS let it go, it's done, finished, OVER!!
Of course they weren't Highly unlikely that any ref goes out after an game involving the inbredariens

mart22

Beaton, who has been caught in a post-match storm for his decision to stand by his call not to sanction Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos for a series of illegal challenges in the game
Look at how successful Sutton, and his gang have been. Their decision to cherry pick moments in matches where Alfredo can be cast as a bad guy is having the desired result. Of course illegal challenges against Alfredo are omitted from any discussion. Sutton wants referees to be suspicious of Alfredo. I think Sutton genuinely hates Alfredo, and this manifests in personally mediated racism.
I hope Scots outwith the Rangers support begin to see through what Sutton wants them to condone, and chase him for what he is.

Oduwa

Official Ticketer
This is an awful lot of fuss over a referee who wears a Celtic strip to fives.

Commentator

The guy’s a fxxking idiot then.
That you, Sutton?

It may not have been the smartest thing to do but he doesn't deserve that. You're siding with an agenda encouraging neds and set by our enemies. Tell us why a man cannot go for a pint after his work in a pub that doesn't display any colours. memoribilia etc.
Don't let idiots shape your thinking,

Last edited:

Woodilee Bluenose

A story written by a female beggar to continue the narrative that refs are all corrupt Masonic/Orangemen.
Totally biased viewpoint from the cow McConnell who has a willing mouthpiece in Sutton for the story,
Best not buy anything she is associated with.

Rhat Whore!

Bluethruandthru

He won’t be happy until the guy gets done in by some loony in the street.

That is a certainty.
Said a few times myself since the 29th.

All this irresponsible thick bastard is doing is fanning the flames here. Beaton is a certainty to be on the end of some kind of altercation with one of the unwashed now, it's only a matter of time.

wsb&warmy

Beaton handled the game very well in my opinion.

He made mistakes. None that were glaring errors ala The Hibs game, more the kind that you want given if its against you and ignored if it's not. The kind of soft yellows that ruin these games.

The game flowed, and i thought that for once his player management was excellent and as a result the players responded to him. Seldom did we see him surrounded by players looking to get others booked.

Almost to a man, pundits after the game praised him.
Then fast forward a few days and the narrative changed.

What happened in those few days to change it?

I personally believe that we should have been the focus of positivity for once. For how we played, how we tactically and physically outshone them. The darkside couldnt have that. So after the game was reviewed Morelos became the headline stealer and the word went out.

Concentrate on Morelos.
And voila, our positive headlines are hijacked and we arrive here, two weeks later, still talking about Beaton rather than Rangers.
Bosch by name, Bosch by nature.

You're 100% spot on there mate.

Blues and Royals

This current campaign is twofold.
1st.......Celtic/St.Pats want to keep up the pressure on ALL referees.
2nd.....Sutton wants Beaton done in.

scooter70

I was going to say Beaton was stupid going for a pint, then you read that back and think really?

A guy who is a part timer goes for a drink where he lives, hardly ground breaking

I said the other day it’s an orchestrated event, Sutton is a rat, an absolute scumbag

Seems like the media have conveniently forgotten how many times Beaton has given decisions against us over last few years

One game, “house of cards” indeed

Wang

That you, Sutton?

It may not have been the smartest thing to do but he doesn't deserve that. You're siding with an agenda set by neds and our enemies. Tell us why a man cannot go for a pint after his work in a pub that doesn't display any colours. memoribilia etc.
Don't let idiots shape your thinking,

Exactly, you agree with me.

I’m in no way suggesting he deserves what’s happened since.

Walter2

Time we let this “no mark “have the noise he deserves-“SILENCE “,lower his profile!and get him to fvck,back to tractor land.

Scottland

The irresponsible media shouldn't be naming the bar he supposedly drinks in especially after the threats against him and his family. We know how retarded that mob can be.

Alex Venters

Where John Beaton was on the evening of Sat 29th December is now irrelevant.

A full fortnight has passed since then. In that time the guy has had to move his children out of their home. He's had the most vicious threats made against both him and his family. He's had to accept police protection in order to do his job. All the while being subjected to a hateful campaign from the sporting media in general and one exceedingly bitter individual, in particular.

It's just plain wrong.

I've watched the game over and over again and certain points jump out at you.

While Andy Walker does draw attention to the three incidents in question, he, at no time is critical of the referee. In fact Walker (not exactly known for his impartiallity) is actually full of praise for Beaton's performance.

The panel on Sky do not even mention the referees performance. Likewise the Celtic manager, no mention of the officials.

This has gone way way beyond sour grapes and the inability to accept defeat with any grace whatsoever, it is now a sinister campaign by Chris Sutton to damage and affect the career of a referee.

I'm 100% certain that it is being pursued at the behest of a certain football club and equally sure that his employers be they TV companies, radio stations or newspapers should've called a halt sometime ago. The fact that they have allowed the tirades to continue unabated makes them as guilty as the individual himself.

Alex Venters

The irresponsible media shouldn't be naming the bar he supposedly drinks in especially after the threats against him and his family. We know how retarded that mob can be.
The bar in question has been attacked more than once in the aftermath of Celtic defeats to Rangers.
It is actually in the process of being sold as we speak. The sale incidentally is completely unconnected to recent events.

Stewart G

Don't worry about Sutton. It is good that he has an opinion and what he says doesn't really bother me. He is looking for a reaction and has achieved this.

I don't think some of what he said is wrong but if our fans continue to get upset about it then he isn't going to stop.

HillbillyRFC

Ehhhhhhh...

"Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos for a series of illegal challenges in the game"

How can it be an illegal challenge if he's not carded during the game or after the game through a review?

Absolutely reeking.

Barryhopez

Will this ever end ffs ? cant wait for the football to start back.

I have been loving the meltdown but its getting tedious now the same shit every single day !
It's getting really boring now, and the more extreme it gets it is even more boring..

Last edited:

bedsblue

It emerged this week that Sutton received a death threat following his own outspoken views on the game but he has insisted that it will not deter him from speaking his mind.

Didn't this so called death threat come before the game had even taken place?

Jaws2

Just wait until we win the title and his stupid head spontaneously explodes on live TV.

I'll enjoy his pain almost as much as anyone's.

the_baron

The game feels like absolutely ages ago now, when will that lot get over it?

Focus on why your team were utter dogshit and were able to be dominated for the full 90 minutes by a squad put together on a fraction of what your club have spent rather than always looking for the "we were cheated" angle.

isawthat

The game feels like absolutely ages ago now, when will that lot get over it?

Focus on why your team were utter dogshit and were able to be dominated for the full 90 minutes by a squad put together on a fraction of what your club have spent rather than always looking for the "we were cheated" angle.
It has been well documented why his team lost the game.

1.....They were shell shocked by the Bombs that the Rangers fans threw at them and their bus arriving at Ibrox.
2.....Most of their players were so terminally ill, they were on the point of having the game called off.
3.....They only had 800 of their unwashed supporters in the ground, and felt overwhelmed and intimidated.
4.....The dirty turncoat referee gave them nothing, and let Rangers commit serious assaults on their players.

No team on earth could be expected to overcome these disadvantages.

HereLiesDavidStHubbins

Just wait until we win the title and his stupid head spontaneously explodes on live TV.

I'll enjoy his pain almost as much as anyone's.
I'll take a lot of fun from their anguish, but if this episode has taught me anything it's that they shouldn't be allowed to either diminish the achievement, or dominate the headlines. Just something for the bears to keep in mind.

Daleboy91Watp

I see they're running about now calling.them illegal challenges from morelos, in the eyes of whom the tarrier media and the tarrier media only?