Sutton Not Letting it Rest; Re Beaton in Crown Bar Bellshill

Tormusk1872

In Ev Times https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/author/profile/73605.Alison_McConnell/

Chris Sutton has claimed that if social media photographs which picture referee John Beaton in a pub in the immediate aftermath of the festive clash between Rangers and Celtic are genuine, that the whistler is guilty of “sheer stupidity.”

0 comment
Online snaps appear to show Beaton, who has been caught in a post-match storm for his decision to stand by his call not to sanction Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos for a series of illegal challenges in the game, posing for pictures in the Crown Bar in Bellshill. Beaton was forced to call in policeafter his personal details were leaked online while Celtic issued a statement in the wake of the SFA announcement that he has seen the incidents with Morelos during the game but did not believed them to be worthy of sanction.

The photographs are believed to have come on the back of the game at Ibrox which Rangers won 1-0 and Sutton has questioned Beaton’s decision making.

“I don’t know whether that is a valid photo,” said Sutton. “I don’t know.

“If you are telling me that he was photographed on the day in the pub then that is just sheer stupidity on his behalf. If that is true. I mean it is difficult.

“The truth of it is that if you are born in Glasgow then you are one side or the other. There are issues there. If he was photographed in the Rangers pub then you can understand Celtic fans feeling the way some of them do.

“I don’t think we can all sit here – and this is the first time I have heard it validated – and think that it is a sensible thing to do if you are refereeing in an Old Firm game to then go into a Celtic pub or a Rangers pub because it shows an allegiance.

“That is just sheer stupidity but I will say that the stuff and the threats which have happened are ridiculous but he hasn’t helped himself there.”

It emerged this week that Sutton received a death threat following his own outspoken views on the game but he has insisted that it will not deter him from speaking his mind.

“It is one of those things,” he said. “ Since I have been up here and I have made mistakes but I try and speak and say what I think. If people take umbrage with that then that is their lookout but threats are another thing. It is more for my family that it’s not nice because they worry about it but I don’t think that really it will change my views on things. We all have our opinions on things. I respect other people’s opinions. "I engage with people who want to have a sensible argument on social media but when things overstep the mark that is another thing, isn’t it.”

Not sure if it’s the ET, Sutton or Beaton but I couldn’t bring myself to read it, especially seeing the length of the article.

Did Chris Sutton not pump Alison McConnell 15 year ago ?

They are all crawling out now

Absolute desperation, even Ronnie Cullys old frocked underling putting her shoulder to the wheel for ra cause

What an bitter twisted cùnt he is. It’s not as if he’s a born an inbred tarriar either. You’ve got to wonder what they do to players at the piggery the minute they put pen to paper on contracts because all of them seem to go up a level in terms of bitterness and paranoia.

Having to the result stew for a few weeks is clearly torturing the waste of spunk and oxygen.

a_clockwork_orange.jpg

In Ev Times https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/author/profile/73605.Alison_McConnell/

Chris Sutton has claimed that if social media photographs which picture referee John Beaton in a pub in the immediate aftermath of the festive clash between Rangers and Celtic are genuine, that the whistler is guilty of “sheer stupidity.”

0 comment
Online snaps appear to show Beaton, who has been caught in a post-match storm for his decision to stand by his call not to sanction Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos for a series of illegal challenges in the game, posing for pictures in the Crown Bar in Bellshill. Beaton was forced to call in policeafter his personal details were leaked online while Celtic issued a statement in the wake of the SFA announcement that he has seen the incidents with Morelos during the game but did not believed them to be worthy of sanction.

The photographs are believed to have come on the back of the game at Ibrox which Rangers won 1-0 and Sutton has questioned Beaton’s decision making.

“I don’t know whether that is a valid photo,” said Sutton. “I don’t know.

“If you are telling me that he was photographed on the day in the pub then that is just sheer stupidity on his behalf. If that is true. I mean it is difficult.

“The truth of it is that if you are born in Glasgow then you are one side or the other. There are issues there. If he was photographed in the Rangers pub then you can understand Celtic fans feeling the way some of them do.

“I don’t think we can all sit here – and this is the first time I have heard it validated – and think that it is a sensible thing to do if you are refereeing in an Old Firm game to then go into a Celtic pub or a Rangers pub because it shows an allegiance.

“That is just sheer stupidity but I will say that the stuff and the threats which have happened are ridiculous but he hasn’t helped himself there.”

It emerged this week that Sutton received a death threat following his own outspoken views on the game but he has insisted that it will not deter him from speaking his mind.

“It is one of those things,” he said. “ Since I have been up here and I have made mistakes but I try and speak and say what I think. If people take umbrage with that then that is their lookout but threats are another thing. It is more for my family that it’s not nice because they worry about it but I don’t think that really it will change my views on things. We all have our opinions on things. I respect other people’s opinions. "I engage with people who want to have a sensible argument on social media but when things overstep the mark that is another thing, isn’t it.”

He really can't get over them being beaton ! I also font believe he has had any death threat and maybe he should think about his comments and what they have done to the family of Beaton and the threats he received because of the non stop whinging from Sutton and English and co

next thing we know Sutton will be calling into question Steven Davis tan on his arms in his 'welcome to Rangers' photo

I was under the impression that the photos were fake and it was just a guy that looked like Beaton?

Gerrard talked of us being relentless and ruthless on the pitch.

It's nothing on how relentless the Tims and their media lackeys are.

This is going to end in Morelos sent off the next time he fouls a player, and more than likely Beaton will end up chucking it just like Dougie McDonald did years ago.

The message is, if you want a career here you do what Celtic want.

Beyond funny now and laughing at their meltdown. This is sinister.

Did Sutton have anything to say after that infamous hibs match last season? Anything at all? Or is that game being conveniently ignored? I’m stunned at the reaction to all this.

Where those photos of Beaton genuine or not? Can't believe they are still going on about that game FFS let it go, it's done, finished, OVER!!

In all seriousness can’t the prick let this go? The ref had a very good game and is entitled to go for a drink after work like the rest of us. Tell us where you want him to go for a drink. If the man lives in Bellshill I imagine the Crown is the better of the pubs. I’ve been enjoying the meltdown but it’s turning sinister this idiot needs to stop stoking the fire. A fire that should never have been lit btw. We done them over and if we had got the 4 or 5 we should have this would not be happening. Let’s everyone stop giving this prick any more attention it’s what he thrives on.

Let it lie, FFS.

Sutton isn't directly telling folk to send Beaton death threats obviously but to continually bring this stuff up gives then unhinged idiots the validation to target him again, in their minds.

Almost two weeks removed from the game itself and the meltdown shows no signs of stopping. It was funny for the first few days but this full victim mode, blame the ref till he ends up with death threats isn't sitting well with me.

I would like to be the first to say to Chris Sutton....ahem...."£30 software,Chris...."

I've heard that using this as an excuse has been accepted by the media before....

There is no way Beaton was drinking in a Rangers Pub after refereeing a Rangers winning OF game.

The Timmy propaganda machine is either untouchable or desperate.

In light of the death threats Beaton received, it would be prudent to try and diffuse the whole situation. Unfortunately, this charlatan can’t let it go and is hell bent on causing more misery for this man and his family.

Something has to be done to reign this mouthpiece in as he he nothing more than a rabble rouser.

Scottish football deserves better

How did they end up like this? What made them so bad? Tim's are absolutely insane.

It's been nearly 2 weeks now ffs. Get over it.

It's nice to know they're hurting badly though

Blood on his hands when a guy gets attacked and seriously hurt purely for being a referee.

Plenty terrible decisions against plenty clubs all season (Kilmarnock been on the end of a handful).

This witch hunt (after a widely commended display) is beyond fücking embarrassing. Absolutely pathetic.

This country makes me unwell.

That lady's front bottom just wants the headlines and bears shouldn't fall for it. The SFA (no laughing at the back) need to call BT out otherwise you'd think they're ok with it too.
He's got an agenda but he'll also be looking for a job at sky when they take over in 2020.

Back