Sutton on his favourite team

That’s one very elaborate April Fool OP, well done :D

Just in case it isn’t, how does he, or anyone for that matter, know that we haven’t spoken to the players already?

If this was written by someone who doesn’t get their pocket money paid in to mummy’s piggy bank because they’re so financially inept, then maybe - just maybe it may carry a bit more credibility, or then again . . . .

This gobshite can phuck off

I cancelled BT Sport on the day he said Liverpool should not get the EPL trophy but Nonce FC should be handed the title up here

What a dick who has zero credibility

I hope someone at our club publicly asks why a bankrupt can ask questions of any club or individual re finances given his financial history

This is the bit he should think more about. When Neil Lennon was asked the question. Maybe he should try to ask the same question to someone at The Rangers. He would have probably got the same answer and wouldn’t have to write an article about nothing.

Listening to financial matter from Sutton is a bit like listening to international football from Sutton.

Maybe, just maybe we've already agreed wage cuts, maybe our contracts are slightly different to other teams, maybe our first team squad have already volunteered to take a wage cut.
And maybe we just decided not to give a press conference on it.
Sutton boils my p!ss

Turns out it only took 7 days of a lockdown before Sutton couldn't help himself and Sevcoed his guts everywhere. Guess his impassioned "football doesn't matter" plea last week was a load of shite

Lol...how very predictable, the minute celtc do wage cuts it's the right thing. We all know of course if Rangers announced this measure first it would be headlines salivating about financial disaster at Ibrox. The irony of him talking financial mis-management lol.

I read a couple of sentences then it dawned on me i was reading the opinion if chris fvcking sutton so that was the end of that read for me.

A Rangers hating piece of shit writing in a Rangers hating piece of shit something negative about Rangers. What a surprise.

Why does this c*nt have to put the boot into Rangers when he full well knows that Rangers will do similar as every other club before this crisis is over. Also it is not as though Rangers are the only club in Scotland not to announce that it will be a struggle to get through the coming months.

In fact the only Scottish club to actually enforce pay cuts is Hearts. All his own beloved club have actually said is that pay cuts might have to be looked at down the line.

So the article is actually pointless crap, written with one goal in mind, playing to his captive audience by repeating our financial woes.

The yahoos are utterly desperate to slash wages right now but don’t want to be seen to do it before Rangers incase it upsets the sensibilities of their muppet fan base that’s what the rant is all about really.

In terms of between now and the time season tickets need to go out Rangers are probably in a better position given that we’ve sold over 100k tickets for our 3 most lucrative games 2 in Europe and one against them.

They on the other hand would only really have brought in significant money from the Copenhagen game in the 2nd half of the season and the with the game against Rangers probably being their 2nd biggest cash draw now indefinitely cancelled.

They do generate more match day income and merchandising but that might be their Achilles heal as they would have budgeted for that and we wouldn’t.

Hundreds dying or hospitalised every day and he’s worried about finances.

A horrible disease that has no age, colour or religious barriers.

And we’re still to see the worst of it.

Sport is irrelevant right now.

Get a grip man.

Every mentally challenged and their dugs are financial experts. They just can't find enough hours in the day to feed their obsession.

How exactly does he know that we haven’t been consulting with our player and staff on this..? Cock!

Spitting in a person’s face is very likely to spread the virus. Has he made an announcement he has stopped doing it?
I think we should be told.
The huge losses at the DR don’t seem to bother him, has he taken a cut in pay offs?
I think we should be told.

Ha Ha that's some irony.The bottom line is we will have to examine our finances and act accordingly.
However Sutton isn't handing out advice for our benefit,he is simply shit stirring.
Chris you just concentrate on your own finances and stay away from dodgy betting scams.The successful businessmen currently running our Club will I am sure make the neccessary steps without the financial advice of a bankrupt.

The pricks prick right enough.

We consume this pricks every thought. Helicopter Sunday has ruined this lady's front bottom. GIRFUY

Why is there this need to tell all and sundry about how much of a wage cut clubs, staff etc are taking?

I’m sure Rangers will have to, or perhaps already have, make wage cuts across the club. It’s the sensible thing to do. It’s probably been top of Park’s agenda since he took over the chairmanship.

Thing is, say we make 20% cuts and announce it the financial gurus like Sutton will say it’s not enough, and if we make say 50% cuts they’ll say it’s because we are days away from admin #100.

We’ll mind our own business.

Are "bankrupts"still limited to how they can legitimately earn? If so,then Sutton must've been earning pennies from each newspaper column,tv appearances,etc.

Celtics hint at cuts, inevitable, not just may have to happen, it is just what is going to happen all over sport not only football.

As for his article, never read it from the mentally challenged fantasist throwing out fishing hooks is what he makes a living from

Keep going as long as you can Rangers. They are desperate to start the cuts but cant be seen to do it before Rangers.

Was it not mentioned that only a couple of clubs had insurance to cover this type of scenario? Is it possible we are one of them and that's why we've said nothing re changing salaries?

CELTIC are preparing for wage cuts as they take the first big step towards protecting themselves against a massive coronavirus hit.

Next thing we heard is the SFA are doing the same. Surely Rangers have to follow suit shortly.

Unless Dave King left a giant pile of money as big as the gaping hole in football’s finances as he walked out of the door the Ibrox hierarchy have to be making a similar move.

If they aren’t, they must be the richest club in Europe and we just didn’t know it.

When Neil Lennon was asked the question about following the lead of Hearts in terms of clubs looking at wage cuts, it was not in the least bit surprising the manager confirmed it was on the cards.

Celtic have strong revenue in the bank but no one can just brush this coronavirus crisis off.

Harsh realities have to be faced and brutal decisions have to be taken.

This has to happen all over Scotland and all over the footballing universe.

When you hear Lionel Messi saying Barcelona’s squad are happy to take cuts in the current climate – and that even a club as big as that can’t withstand the shrapnel from the coronavirus explosion – you know this is serious.

It’s not just happening in Spain. In Italy, Juventus have gone down the same road. In France, it is mega-rich PSG who are leading the way with cuts and Bayern Munich, one of the original super clubs, are having to cut their cloth accordingly in Germany.

I am not daft. I do realise Messi and his team-mates at the Nou Camp or any of the guys at these bigger outfits aren’t going to miss a mortgage payment or be unable to pay their gas bill because they take a cut.

These guys are millionaires. It is professionals lower down the chain who are going to have to feel the real force of this. It is going to cause problems paying those bills and that rent or mortgage. No one is safe.

Now, I don’t profess to have any clever line into the finances of Rangers. I don’t know the exact figures of what they have and what they don’t.

But in November last year the club announced losses of £11.3million, revealed they needed a fresh cash injection of more than £10m to get to the end of the season and confirmed King and Douglas Park had converted a staggering £35m in soft loans into shares over the past 18 months.

So I can safely assume they simply do not have enough cash in the bank to just ride this out for six months as if it’s a couple of matches lost due to a waterlogged pitch.

It is not that long ago Rangers had a financial meltdown and ended up down the leagues.

That came about through blatant mismanagement and not doing things properly when situations arose.

That’s not just my opinion, that’s a fact given the way things turned out with the administration.

Hearts had similar problems and went close to the edge when finances fell apart under Vladimir Romanov.

Their supporters and Ann Budge managed to save the day and it was noticeable that, when this current situation started to unfold, she was the first one to come out with a definitive strategy.

Now not everyone would agree with the way she went about it. It was savage and ruthless and that did not court favour with a lot of people at the time.

But looking back, Budge was probably right. This is not a time for half-measures. The coronavirus pandemic is going to have a hugely damaging effect on the finances of all sports and she was first on the case.

It had to be severe and it was. Aberdeen were next to make their announcements about a black hole of £5m with no football right now and Hibs have taken steps to discuss deferrals.

I don’t want to see anyone have their pay cut but these are the facts of life at the moment. It’s going to happen to just about everyone in all businesses and any walk of life so football cannot ignore this fact.

The Premier League are clinging on to some hope they can get the season finished, yet it’s highly unlikely.

I’m convinced more clubs will have to follow the lead of Newcastle and start cuts when they face the reality. By close of business yesterday talks about deferrals had gotten underway.

Budge acted instantly in a manner which ensured her club was not going back to the bad old days and it is inconceivable the rest of the clubs who have not yet confirmed wage cut talks won’t do the same.

Clubs such as Kilmarnock and Motherwell are well run now but this is nothing we have ever seen before.

Maybe there is a prestige about it, a chest-out attitude, a show of defiance for those who haven’t done it yet to make it look as though this pandemic won’t affect us, we’re too strong.

It is not a sign of weakness to accept these cuts are going to have to happen.

But it is a sign of playing a very risky financial game if you do not.

As tough as it may be to tell their employees, Celtic, Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibs and others are doing the right thing to look at implementing cutbacks.

I find it inconceivable bordering on reckless that Rangers won’t do the same thing.
I've seen and heard it all now,what has that big nosed, bankrupt bigoted,idiot got to do with the finances of our club,what is it that makes our supporters even read,click on this dross,sort your own finances out first you piece of excrement,!

He does not know how to run his own finances, that's the reason he's a registered bankrupt. Why is he so keen on Rangers declaring that they will be making wage cuts, it's really none of that fools business.

Back