Sutton reveals Celtic told him to send kids to Catholic school

HMS.Temple.Garden

Celtic told Chris Sutton he should send his kids to a Catholic school after he joined the club.

The Hoops legend revealed he was going to send them to a non-denominational school but was advised it would be better for him if he attended a Catholic school.

Sutton also admitted his son had considered going to university in Scotland but he talked him out of him over fear his time at Celtic would cause him trouble.

And he's declared sectarianism as a problem all over Scotland rather than just in the west of Scotland.

He told BT Sport: "Is this going to be a watershed moment? I don't think it is. I don't think things will change. 20 years ago when I came up there were the same issues at Celtic.

"I could have sent my kids to a non-denominational, but I was told to send them to a Catholic school so they would get an easier ride of it.

"Steve Clarke touched on this, my son could have come up to university last year and I advised him not to come up because I played for Celtic and that could lead to problems.

"It is all of Scotland, and until the police come down hard on these individuals and their singing and start lifting people out of grounds then it's not going to change".

The situation comes after recent incidents involving Steve Clarke and Kris Boyd.

Boyd was targeted with sectarian abuse as well as being hit with a coin as he warmed up during Kilmarnock's clash with Celtic last weekend.

And his boss Clarke was subjected bigoted verbal abuse when he took his side to Ibrox to face Rangers in the Scottish Cup in midweek.

"Is that all about sectarianism? Not everything is, but it is a problem. I think there needs to be a personal responsibility and people need to be held accountable, but it isn't just the west of Scotland.

Sutton obviously reckons he's getting enough work down south if he's saying anything even slightly negative about the rancid mhob.

This is absolute shocking.

Could ye imagine the uproar if we told players not to send their kids to a catholic school.

Yet they are still trying to spin it as though they only told him to send them to an RC school incase they got a hard time off the big bad protestants / Rangers fans at a non-denom school.

They are really ramping it up this week.

Sutton obviously reckons he's getting enough work down south if he's saying anything even slightly negative about the rancid mhob.

It’s not really that negative though is it. He is basically saying that they advised on an RC school for his kids own safety so they wouldn’t get a hard time at a non-denom school.

You know how this will spun, rangers fans are that bad they had to tell Sutton to do this. Big bad rangers dictate where Celtic players children go to school

Celtic told Chris Sutton he should send his kids to a Catholic school after he joined the club.

The Hoops legend revealed he was going to send them to a non-denominational school but was advised it would be better for him if he attended a Catholic school.
And here is the starting point to rid the Country of Sectarianism.

Last edited:
Quite a few folk not reading the full article I don’t think.

This isn’t really a negative story about the filth.

The article is insinuating that he was told to send his kids to an RC school for their own safety due to the abuse they would apparently receive from protestants / Rangers fans at a normal school.

The irony being that it is RC schooling in Scotland that is the main reason for any religious divide that still continues to exist.

Is Sutton even a catholic? If not he's lucky his kids got into the school they did. Maybe somebody at Celtic pulled some strings.
The irony is the guy practising sectarianism is Sutton. He chose to send his kids to catholic school because he didn't want them mixing with non catholics. He advised his kid not to study at a Scottish uni because he feared non catholics. Sutton is a dreadful person.

The article is insinuating that he was told to send his kids to an RC school for their own safety due to the abuse they would apparently receive from protestants / Rangers fans at a normal school.

The irony being that it is RC schools in Scotland that are the main reason for any religious divide that still continues to exist.

This is how their sick minds work. It’s them that requires denominational catholic schools, it’s them who wants to segregate people. Yet, all we hear is how they are all inclusive, they have no idea!

The irony being that it is RC schooling in Scotland that is the main reason for any religious divide that still continues to exist.

Aye ok, spin it that if way you want.

Don't know why you would though.

In any normal society it should be a negative about Celtic and their intolerance, but it's actually been framed that they were doing him a favour to protect his kids (now isn't that ironic!) from big bad Rangers fans. This country has become absolutely putrid.

Aye ok, spin it that if way you want.

Don't know why you would though.

The article mentions both Sutton and Clarke, and how they essentially couldn’t have their children educated where they wanted due to risk of abuse.

Yes the article may suggest that the filth are promoting RC schooling, but it isn’t meant to be a negative article about them.

In any normal society it should be a negative about Celtic and their intolerance, but it's actually been framed that they were doing him a favour to protect his kids (now isn't that ironic!) from big bad Rangers fans. This country has become absolutely putrid.

Took words out my mouth. The content of the admission is something that SHOULD have questions asked of Celtic. The way the article has been framed would actually see Celtic applauded in this mental wee country, for looking out for the child's welfare (which is possibly the most ironic thing of all time).

I never did have time for this airhead but if any Employer ever told me to send my kids to a Relgious School They would be getting told too do one.
I want my kids raised at a school where Education is first second and last.
Not getting told the Hokey Pokey and Protestant kids are bad.
Also when he says Ceptic exactly who would that be,could he not name the advisor.

Apart from songs sung at the football or drunk idiots, has anyone actually witnessed any sectarian actions in day to day life?

I can honestly say I haven’t yet if we were to believe what we see and hear in the media it’s a blight on our country and no town or city is exempt from it.

Oh, but he is. He is saying that the catholic religion is promoted within the rancid club. He is saying CFC is overtly sectarian.
But he was advised so they would "get an easier ride of it". That negates any perceived dig at Paedo FC.

Apart from songs sung at the football or drunk idiots, has anyone actually witnessed any sectarian actions in day to day life?

I can honestly say I haven’t yet if we were to believe what we see and hear in the media it’s a blight on our country and no town or city is exempt from it.

It runs at about 50 incidents a year where a person is hurt or property damaged. There are about 650 'shouty' ones. Mostly at Police officers.

I see Boyd was targeted with sectarian abuse, whereas Clarke was subjected to bigoted verbal abuse ,is there a subtle difference here? I certainly see it as yet another go at us but what would we expect from Newco Mutton.

Celtic legend Chris Sutton says vile bullies have taunted son James because of his hearing aids

JAMES, 14, has been left struggling with depression and a lack of self-esteem. A virus as a baby could have killed him.

CELTIC hero Chris Sutton has told how school bullies made his son’s life hell because of his hearing aids.​
Morons targeted young James, who almost died as a baby, for no better reason than the fact he has a hearing impairment.​
Chris said he had to move him to another school after teachers failed to tackle the problem.​

Danny McGrain,Tommy Gemmell,Ronnie Simpson and all the rest of Celtc FC's Protestant players children had no problem going to Non Denomination schools.
This is getting beyond a joke it's making us look as if we are some sort of animals

Don't your kids have to be catholic to go to one of the it cult centre's, or did they make an exception for the bankrupt liar?

I'm guessing it wasn't a just a run of the mill local cult centre he's talking about, just like it probably wasn't going to be an average non denom.

If anyone thinks Sutton is having a dig at them then read that again! Mr Sutton should realise that we don't send our kids to separatist schools because we are happy for them to mix with other religions and cultures! Your lot on the other hand demand it!

Segregated schools IMO contributes to the divide in our society

The politicians won’t face up to it as the Catholic Church are so powerful but splitting kids up at 5 and sending to different schools starts the process of making one group v another

Religion should be a parental choice outwith school. Not publicly funded bigot factories where the indoctrination and hate is embedded into the kids minds

Let’s see if any politicians have the courage to change and ask why we separate the kids

It will take decades to try and limit the divide but it will never be eradicated in full

Celtic legend Chris Sutton says vile bullies have taunted son James because of his hearing aids

JAMES, 14, has been left struggling with depression and a lack of self-esteem. A virus as a baby could have killed him.

CELTIC hero Chris Sutton has told how school bullies made his son’s life hell because of his hearing aids.

Morons targeted young James, who almost died as a baby, for no better reason than the fact he has a hearing impairment.​
Chris said he had to move him to another school after teachers failed to tackle the problem.​

This next to the quote helps change the narrative. Good find

My wife taught in a non Dom primary school up till 10 years ago, she told me there were scum supporting kids there, mostly because of mixed marriages, I very much doubt you’d find any Rangers minded kids at an RC school.
Good few "tims" at my schools growing up, can only think off a couple Rangers supporting Catholics at that time, one was a ST holding diehard with a diehard dad

But he was advised so they would "get an easier ride of it". That negates any perceived dig at Paedo FC.
Not really.

They basically got a foreigner to put his kid through Catholic schooling by lying to him

Are the talking an easier ride from him being s celtics players child from his fellow pupils at the non dom or the celtic fans realising he didnt attend a Catholic school.

Wonder whst schools the currant squads players go to, does Lustig have kids? Are a Swedes Catholic? Was Lustig or his partner brought up Catholic?

Tbf looking at Lustig hes probably attached to some Glawegian mentally challenged dog

Some interesting points which shows the embarrassing lengths the paedophile harbourers go to. The point made is surely about divisive and indoctrinating schooling in the RC community yet the point is completely undone by the big bad songs that hurt people's feelings! People's singing isn't anywhere near getting to the cruxt of the issue

Back